Reverse Osmosis

BlakDomina

I would love to have reverse osmosis. I am having some minor problems that I bet would be fixed using ro water. They cost upwards of $225 and I can't afford it currently.

i have a extra one will gladly give it to you,no filter though(50$),let me know and maybe we could met some where our maybe mail it.water was one of my major issues for awhile also.

yes, i have an RO filter, and it is wonderful. costly, but wonderful.

here is a cheaper way to get GREAT water too. wal-mart has the "PUR" water filters for around $25. they will filter around 100 gallons out of the box, and the refill filters are around $18 i think. it's not RO water, but for the $$ it sure is a hell of a lot better than tap water, and easier than lugging hundreds of pounds of water home from the grocery store.

i have good well water,but mostly use rain water.but i fill all my buckets up from hose and let it sit in the sun if i had to use tap.i dont know if that what i shpuld do ,but they grow good for me

yup, you have the right idea. tapwater isnt HORRIBLE to use....... just let it sit overnight in an open container and maybe stir it around every now and then. this will help evaporate the chlorine that is in tapwater.

rain water on the other hand is ready to go right away. no chlorine............ pure as the driven snow. just make sure it isnt too hot/cold and water away!!

back in the day, i would fill up my bathtub at night and leave it until morning. 30 gallons, chlorine free and ready to rock-n-roll. if you HAVE to use tapwater, and you need lots of it, thats the way to go.

I started using r/o for my aquariums many years ago and wouldnt have it any other way.

If you do use r/o, make sure to use cal/mag plus or any other type of calcium and magnesium replacement in addition to whatever nutrient regimen you use.

You can find decent cheap NEW 5 stage r/o systems for under $150 shipped on ebay

does anyone here have problems using r/o with a septic tank? I want to get one, but i'm afraid I'll overflow it.

If your field is doing it's job, you should have ZERO issue.. You'll also find with an RO unit, you won't be running it ALL the time.. Also, waste water comes off as a trickle, not a giant rush of water..

Archived