Marc Emery

Kingpinn

I feel as you do. This is a joke. Dam, there are SO many other problems facing our communities all across this country that we focus on this "BUNNY MUFFIN" stuff. (I put Bunny Muffin in quotations as I knew I would get censored - just wanted to see...lol)

Remember this November to vote and to throw out ALL the folks who are currently in office. I don't care who you vote for - just don't keep the same people there.

Mizerman

I feel as you do. This is a joke. Dam, there are SO many other problems facing our communities all across this country that we focus on this "BUNNY MUFFIN" stuff. (I put Bunny Muffin in quotations as I knew I would get censored - just wanted to see...lol)

Remember this November to vote and to throw out ALL the folks who are currently in office. I don't care who you vote for - just don't keep the same people there.

Mizerman

censorship here @ the MMMA lolsmile.gif

The Politicians' America: "Home of the FEE; Land of the SLAVE."

And some people think the NAZIs were removed from the suffering World of Political Control; It's so obvious they're still in control of the World's Borders - designed to keep all the Free-thinking People of the planet baracaded in fences and cages.

Absolutely DISGUSTING! And, just when we think that America's Government couldn't be any worse for the REAL Peacemakers of the World.

Be Informed.

FREE the TREE!

(And, FREE MARC EMERY!)

Tax payers are going to have to foot the bill no matter what. For A Seed Please. I dont want to imprison this guy for selling seeds and i have to pay to have him in jail. If he had raped little boys or robbed a bank or murdered someone . But Seeds ??

With all the Goverenment corruption going on Seeds Please

So, when is the million man/woman march in Seattle?? Not that I can afford an airline ticket, or anything else right now, it still churns my stomach that this is all about seeds. Conspiracy? Yeah, I'd say so.... conspiracy to silence someone speaking the truth...

Im embarrased as all hell! wtf we arresting some one for selling seeds for? did I miss something? I accidently watch a lil martha stuart last week, she had canaibiss seeds in one of her recipees!

I feel like the new johny apple seed! I been spreading seeds all over mid east MI the last few weeks! tongue.gif can you say Huron National Forrest! cool.gif

Yes it is sad when we can do what we did to Marc> Today at 5:30 eastern time 2:30 pacific Marc appeared in a fedral court in seattle washington. Marc Emery Please make this your status: Call the Canadian Conservative Party HQ at

1-866-808-8407 once a day until Marc Emery is released. Call

toll-free from Canada or the USA. Also Seattle Prosecutor's Office says

..."PLEASE SEND US LETTERS" TO Jenny A. Durkan

Jenny A. Durkan

U.S. Attorney's Office

700 Stewart Street

Suite 5220

Seattle, WA 98101-1271

Tel: (206) 553-7970

Toll Free: (800) 797-6722

Thakns All Free Marc And Free The Seed

Yes it is sad when we can do what we did to Marc> Today at 5:30 eastern time 2:30 pacific Marc appeared in a fedral court in seattle washington. Marc Emery Please make this your status: Call the Canadian Conservative Party HQ at

1-866-808-8407 once a day until Marc Emery is released. Call

toll-free from Canada or the USA. Also Seattle Prosecutor's Office says

..."PLEASE SEND US LETTERS" TO Jenny A. Durkan

Jenny A. Durkan

U.S. Attorney's Office

700 Stewart Street

Suite 5220

Seattle, WA 98101-1271

Tel: (206) 553-7970

Toll Free: (800) 797-6722

Thakns All Free Marc And Free The Seed

Thanks for the addresses JC I have talked to Marc and his wife Jodie in the past and they are really good people.

They are pawns in a much larger game between 2 countries. In one country he's a wanted man for selling seeds,just seeds,nothing else.

In his own Country he's thrown under the bus,turtled like Claude Lemiuex from a Darren McCarty right.

He has given hundreds of thousands of dollars for the movement in Canada,and now this!! I'm speechless

function ChangeSize(Size) { document.getElementById("storyText").style.fontSize = Size; } function ChangeWeight(Weight) { document.getElementById("storyText").style.fontWeight = Weight; }var trkcid=94622534;var partnerID=511567; var _hb=1; window.onerror=function(){clickURL=document.location.href;return true;} if(!self.clickURL) clickURL=parent.location.href; 817-grey.gif Back to Home Topsave_folder_icon.jpgemail_icon.jpgprinter_icon.jpg addthis_pub = 'grayinteractivemedia'; addthis_options='favorites,email,digg,fark,google,live,myspace,twitter,facebook,delicious';button1-share.gif Updated: 7:04 PM May 21, 2010<BR itxtvisited="1">Cass County medical marijuana case may be appealed Niles man receives 18 months probation While Vanderbutts was convicted of drug charges by a jury in Cass County and sentenced today to 18 months probation, he will likely appeal.Poste>wrdw-video-included.gif Cass County medical marijuana case may be appealed <BR itxtvisited="1">medical+marijuana3.jpg

• Story
  • comment_included.jpg 0 Comments

function confirmAbuse(name,id) { if(name == "") { var name = "Anonymous"; } if(confirm("Report comment by " + name + " as abusive?")) { document.getElementById(id).submit() }}if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Top_Story_Ad']) document.write('');if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Top_Story_Ad']){ document.write(plpm['Top_Story_Ad']);} else { if(self['plurp'] && plurp['5912']){} else {document.write(''); } }if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Top_Story_Ad']) document.write('');Font Size: font_size_small.pngfont_size_medium.pngfont_size_large.png A Niles man may continue to put Michigan’s medical marijuana law to the test.

While 52-year-old Sylvester Vanderbutts was sentenced today in a Cass County courtroom to 18 months probation, including 90-days on an electronic tether, some feel his case will likely become a test case for the appeals courts.

When police raided Vanderbutt’s home last September, they found pot in Zip Loc bags; they found pot in garbage bags; they found pot under grow lights in the basement; and they found pot growing in the great outdoors.

“Clearly, Mr. Vanderbutts went far beyond what this law allows,” said Cass County Prosecutor Victor Fitz.

Fitz says police found between 46 and 48 plants on Vanderbutt’s premises.

While one part of Michigan’s medical marijuana law limits medical marijuana card holders to 12 plants and up to 2.5 ounces of loose pot, another part basically says you can have as much as you need.

“There's also language that a person is entitled to have an amount that is quote no more than reasonably necessary to ensure the uninterrupted availability of a supply,” said Defense Attorney Matthew Abel.

While Vanderbutts was convicted of drug charges by a jury in Cass County and sentenced today to 18 months probation, he will likely appeal.

“I’ve been a prosecutor for 27 years, it’s the worst piece of written legislation I’ve ever seen,” said Cass County Prosecutor Victor Fitz. “It would be ideal if the legislature would step in and refine it, if that doesn't happen, the court of appeals will clarify this law for us.”

Vanderbutts’ case at least has the potential to answer the question: How much medical marijuana is too much?

“Well, we’re in the last throes of the legalization of marijuana hopefully or the end of prohibition and it is an interesting time for me, but not for people that are caught up in the system,” said Matthew Abel.

The Detroit based defense attorney says he already has two other cases pending before the Michigan Court of Appeals.

Abel says that “It’s going to take years for this law to shake out,” and Prosecutor Fitz agrees: Again, the idea that the voters wanted which was to allow somebody who was severely ill or perhaps on their deathbed to have medical marijuana relief, was something that the voters were seeking, but the law they got was really a bait and switch, it really is a confusing befuddling law.”

Abel cited a couple of reasons why he believes the case is a prime candidate for the appeals court.

First, Abel says that two weeks before trial, the judge ruled that Vanderbutts could not use a medical marijuana defense.

“It wasn’t until after the jury was selected on the first day of trial, after we came back from lunch that the judge reconsidered his decision and then agreed to allow us to present a medical defense,” said Abel.

Abel feels the judge made the right call, “but he should have given us more time to prepare.”

Abel also took issue with the wording of the jury instructions

http://www.wndu.com/hometop/headlines/94622534.html

function ChangeSize(Size) { document.getElementById("storyText").style.fontSize = Size; } function ChangeWeight(Weight) { document.getElementById("storyText").style.fontWeight = Weight; }var trkcid=94622534;var partnerID=511567; var _hb=1; window.onerror=function(){clickURL=document.location.href;return true;} if(!self.clickURL) clickURL=parent.location.href; 817-grey.gif Back to Home Topsave_folder_icon.jpgemail_icon.jpgprinter_icon.jpg addthis_pub = 'grayinteractivemedia'; addthis_options='favorites,email,digg,fark,google,live,myspace,twitter,facebook,delicious';button1-share.gif Updated: 7:04 PM May 21, 2010<BR itxtvisited="1">Cass County medical marijuana case may be appealed Niles man receives 18 months probation While Vanderbutts was convicted of drug charges by a jury in Cass County and sentenced today to 18 months probation, he will likely appeal.Poste>wrdw-video-included.gif Cass County medical marijuana case may be appealed <BR itxtvisited="1">medical+marijuana3.jpg

• Story
  • comment_included.jpg 0 Comments

function confirmAbuse(name,id) { if(name == "") { var name = "Anonymous"; } if(confirm("Report comment by " + name + " as abusive?")) { document.getElementById(id).submit() }}if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Top_Story_Ad']) document.write('');if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Top_Story_Ad']){ document.write(plpm['Top_Story_Ad']);} else { if(self['plurp'] && plurp['5912']){} else {document.write(''); } }if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Top_Story_Ad']) document.write('');Font Size: font_size_small.pngfont_size_medium.pngfont_size_large.png A Niles man may continue to put Michigan’s medical marijuana law to the test.

While 52-year-old Sylvester Vanderbutts was sentenced today in a Cass County courtroom to 18 months probation, including 90-days on an electronic tether, some feel his case will likely become a test case for the appeals courts.

When police raided Vanderbutt’s home last September, they found pot in Zip Loc bags; they found pot in garbage bags; they found pot under grow lights in the basement; and they found pot growing in the great outdoors.

“Clearly, Mr. Vanderbutts went far beyond what this law allows,” said Cass County Prosecutor Victor Fitz.

Fitz says police found between 46 and 48 plants on Vanderbutt’s premises.

While one part of Michigan’s medical marijuana law limits medical marijuana card holders to 12 plants and up to 2.5 ounces of loose pot, another part basically says you can have as much as you need.

“There's also language that a person is entitled to have an amount that is quote no more than reasonably necessary to ensure the uninterrupted availability of a supply,” said Defense Attorney Matthew Abel.

While Vanderbutts was convicted of drug charges by a jury in Cass County and sentenced today to 18 months probation, he will likely appeal.

“I’ve been a prosecutor for 27 years, it’s the worst piece of written legislation I’ve ever seen,” said Cass County Prosecutor Victor Fitz. “It would be ideal if the legislature would step in and refine it, if that doesn't happen, the court of appeals will clarify this law for us.”

Vanderbutts’ case at least has the potential to answer the question: How much medical marijuana is too much?

“Well, we’re in the last throes of the legalization of marijuana hopefully or the end of prohibition and it is an interesting time for me, but not for people that are caught up in the system,” said Matthew Abel.

The Detroit based defense attorney says he already has two other cases pending before the Michigan Court of Appeals.

Abel says that “It’s going to take years for this law to shake out,” and Prosecutor Fitz agrees: Again, the idea that the voters wanted which was to allow somebody who was severely ill or perhaps on their deathbed to have medical marijuana relief, was something that the voters were seeking, but the law they got was really a bait and switch, it really is a confusing befuddling law.”

Abel cited a couple of reasons why he believes the case is a prime candidate for the appeals court.

First, Abel says that two weeks before trial, the judge ruled that Vanderbutts could not use a medical marijuana defense.

“It wasn’t until after the jury was selected on the first day of trial, after we came back from lunch that the judge reconsidered his decision and then agreed to allow us to present a medical defense,” said Abel.

Abel feels the judge made the right call, “but he should have given us more time to prepare.”

Abel also took issue with the wording of the jury instructions

http://www.wndu.com/...s/94622534.html

i did post this in the wrong place sorry

• 1 month later...

The most brutal crimes in the world are not committed by people like Marc Emery, but by arrogant and corrupt people in control of various branches of government both in Canada and the United States.

The DEA's goal was to shut Marc's seed selling business down, because he channeled hundreds of thousands of dollars into the marijuana legalization movement. It's all about politics, not pot.

The most brutal crimes in the world are not committed by people like Marc Emery, but by arrogant and corrupt people in control of various branches of government both in Canada and the United States.

The DEA's goal was to shut Marc's seed selling business down, because he channeled hundreds of thousands of dollars into the marijuana legalization movement. It's all about politics, not pot.

i think it is spelled potitics

• 2 months later...

Marc Emery Sentencing

Full docket text for document 42:

Minute Entry for proceedings held before Judge Ricardo S. Martinez- CRD: Lowell Williams; AUSA: Todd Greenberg; Def Cnsl: Richard Troberman; USPO: Lorraine Bolle; Court Reporter: Barry Fanning; Time of Hearing: 1:30 PM; Courtroom: 13206; SENTENCING held on 9/10/2010 for Marc Scott Emery (1) Count 1: 60 months custody BOP, 4 years supervised release with standard and special conditions set forth in judgment form, fine waived, $100.00 special assessment. Counts 2 & 3 dismissed on motion of the govt. At dft's request, Court recommends placement at FCI Lompoc and DOJ approval of any application for treaty transfer. Dft remanded to custody.

He was selling more than just seeds, and daring the government to do something.....

Sorry-- but IMO, if he REALLY wanted to Champion the cause,and he was in a good position to do so.... he woulda left the Cocaine and other hard stuff out of the picture!!!!

If all he'd had at the time was Pot & Seeds-- I really doubt the Canadian Government woulda "gotten into bed" with "Ol "W".... :thumbsd:

He was selling more than just seeds, and daring the government to do something.....

Sorry-- but IMO, if he REALLY wanted to Champion the cause,and he was in a good position to do so.... he woulda left the Cocaine and other hard stuff out of the picture!!!!

If all he'd had at the time was Pot & Seeds-- I really doubt the Canadian Government woulda "gotten into bed" with "Ol "W".... :thumbsd:

it was a great read for sure i don't know about the other drugs he was selling

Archived