A Patient Trying To Save My Job!

I am patient trying to save my job, looking for a MD to attend arbitration meeting on June 11th at 10 am, to testify. My attornys two main questions are how long does it stay in the system?? and How long after smoking are you "impaired"??

I am patient trying to save my job, looking for a MD to attend arbitration meeting on June 11th at 10 am, to testify. My attornys two main questions are how long does it stay in the system?? and How long after smoking are you "impaired"??

What about the doctor that certified you ?

I have a Feeling He is not a Card Holder, but that is really not a big deal for some folks.

Everyone is Protected with the AD. B)

Might as well get Registered Now, I have a feeling a Doctor would charge more than $200 for their Expert Opinion. The OP may be able to cut a deal with a MM Doctor to help Him out twice.

I was asked my opinion of identical questions by the head of a state governing body who is a doctor of pharmacology and professor at a major university. He was of the opinion that based upon known data and pharmacokinetics, one can be considered "judgmentally impaired" the following day within at least twelve hours after using marijuana, particularly if used on a consistent daily basis.

This doesn't help you with your question, but don't pick that guy for your arbitration, lol.

And imo you're fortunate if you are able to go to arbitration to try and save your job. Michigan is an at-will state, regardless of the Medical Marijuana statute.

Guest Wayne

Just curious. What type of arbitration are you involved with? Are you granted any protections via an employment contract? What exactly did your employer cite as cause for termination? If the critical issue involves "impairment" I seriously doubt you will find a legally or scientificaly verifiable method that determines same.

This is also true of most pharmaceuticals that require warning labels, yet few are convicted of driving impaired when legally prescribed and taking same. The legislature or electorate would have to pass legislation or referendum to establish legal guidelines for cannabis impairment, provided the scientific means exist. We are being clearly discriminated against with little avenue but the courts, and unfortunately jurisprudence and politics are becoming inseperable.

I wish you nothing but the best in your quest for justice.

Guest Wayne

JohnB Rph,

Luck has nothing to do with it. Unions and independent employment contracts alongside state and federal statutes protecting workers have everything to do with any chance of protecting your hard work, commitment, good name, health, even your life. At will employment guarantees my kid, brother, cousin, best friend, gets the job no matter how much more qualified, hard working, experienced, and commited you have been to my company. My dynasty. Back to the mines with you and safety be damned. Too expensive to be wasting MY money on. Squash the unions!

JohnB Rph,Luck has nothing to do with it. Unions and independent employment contracts alongside state and federal statutes protecting workers have everything to do with any chance of protecting your hard work, commitment, good name, health, even your life. At will employment guarantees my kid, brother, cousin, best friend, gets the job no matter how much more qualified, hard working, experienced, and commited you have been to my company. My dynasty. Back to the mines with you and safety be damned. Too expensive to be wasting MY money on. Squash the unions!

Luck? Who said anything about luck? Like Tina Turner sang, what's luck got to do, got to do with it? ;)

Perhaps I misunderstand the meaning of "at-will", in pertaining to employment in Michigan. I was under the impression that an employer in this state could fire an individual at any time, for any reason, if they so choose. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Guest Wayne

You are correct. Michigan is an at will employment state. However if working under a negotiated contract you usually have right to appeal any discharge that violates the terms of your contract. Usually via some form of enforceable arbitration. Michigan also recognizes exclusive representation (closed shop), under state and federal statutes require those declining representation to pay a service fee to the representative union. Violations of state and federal statutes permit addressing your grievances in court and possible reinstatement and/or civil damages.

You are correct. Michigan is an at will employment state. However if working under a negotiated contract you usually have right to appeal any discharge that violates the terms of your contract. Usually via some form of enforceable arbitration. Michigan also recognizes exclusive representation (closed shop), under state and federal statutes require those declining representation to pay a service fee to the representative union. Violations of state and federal statutes permit addressing your grievances in court and possible reinstatement and/or civil damages.

I wish it was as easy as it is written!

Discrimination of us all no matter what race. creed, or color!

Been a proud patient and a member of the mmma since may 09.

thanks bob and everybody else, ill call thcf today

i did talk to the doctor when i renewd didnt realy want to participate....

i dropped dirty for a random and would love to have an expert come forwrd and testify on my behalf

thanks guys

take another hit of freshair......

Archived