Cc Leaders Workshop, June 6, Watervliet, Mi

Berrien County Compassion Club is hosting a Compassion Club Leaders Workshop on Sunday, June 6, 2010, beginning at 2:00 p.m. at our location in Watervliet, MI. The purpose of this workshop is to collaborate efforts for the benefit of the medical marijuana community. This meeting will permit clubs to assess needs and assist sister clubs by sharing proven successful and unsuccessful efforts. Foundational policies such as accounting practices, bylaws, non-profit vs. profit corporation, code of ethics, goals/purposes, board members, corporate sponsorship, education, promotion, fundraising, club equipment needs, and problem areas will be discussed to name a few.

Watervliet is approximately 1 hour from Grand Rapids, 2 hours from Lansing, and 2 hours from Ann Arbor. Originally, we intended this workshop to be a SouthWest Michigan area CC workshop, but if you are able to make the trip, we’d love to have you. Or, if you anticipate starting a Compassion Club and are looking for information to do so, this workshop will provide direction. Currently, four compassion clubs will have representatives at this workshop: BCCC, SouthWest Michigan CC, Cass County CC, and Kalamazoo Area CC. Please pm me if you are interested in attending.

I would like to attend but would like to see a printed agenda before I make a decision. The topics suggested seem good, but I have been to enough different club meetings to know that the way some are run is completely haphazard. A printed agenda for all to see would create some confidence that this meeting will be well-organized and stay on time. Can someone post the agenda here?

Thanks for putting this together. It sounds like it will be very helpful for the mmj community.

Kurt, Director, the HollandCCC

Berrien County Compassion Club will be grilling burgers and brats at the conclusion of the workshop. Pop and water will also be provided along with chips and pork 'n' beans. For this reason, we ask that you notify us how many people will be attending from your club.

This free workshop will include a MS PowerPoint presentation on Compassion Club's Foundation, Development, and Collaboration. Sharing club experiences will be highly encouraged. Hope you can make it.

Sunday, June 6, 2:00 p.m., 366 North Main Street, Watervliet, MI.

http://berriencocompassionclub.ning.com

In order to facillitate an effective workshop for our compassion clubs on June 6, we at BCCC request that each club comes equipped with the following documentation as applicable:

All written policies, bylaws, club's calendar of events; list of library materials available, club goals, club budget, 1 piece of each club medical marijuana promotional materials, a club newsletter, a list of club capital equipment, and an example of club's written correspondence. The more information we can share with each other, the better. If you don't have these items, it's not a big deal. Just trying to prepare for an excellent workshop!

It's only a little over a week away, until we get together. We are estimating that there will be 25 CC leaders in attendance. It's not too late to join us. If you haven't already RSVP'ed and are coming, please do so.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but I won't be able to attend today. Got some family issues that need immediate attention, with 2 family members in the U of M hospital (daughter and grand-son are both having extreme difficulties) I will be at thier side today. I hope that much gets accomplished and that attendance is high (literally and figuratively)...Peace...j.b.

Sorry I was not able to attend, this looked like it was a well planned event that is truly needed> Midtown Detroit CC supports you efforts, keep up the good work.

I am glad to hear from you. You were in fact one of the topics today. Hopefuly we can get together and speak. John

Archived