Draw Mahammad Day!

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2010/04/cartoonist-behind-everybody-draw-muhammad-day-backs-down-i-said-that-i-wanted-to-counter-fear-and-th.html

Cartoonist behind "Everybody Draw Muhammad Day" backs down: "I said that I wanted to counter fear and then I got afraid"

"The only thing we have to fear..." An update on this story. "Cartoonist Molly Norris Erases 'Draw Muhammad' Gag," from MyFox9, April 26 (thanks to all who sent this in):

(CANVAS STAFF REPORTS) - In more fallout around the decision by Comedy Central to censor an episode of "South Park" that contained comedic depictions of the Islamic prophet Muhammad, a cartoonist has now censored herself .

Seattle artist Molly Norris originally posted on her website a cartoon showing many different objects - including a purse, a domino, a coffee cup and a spool of thread - claiming to be a likeness of Muhammad.

Norris said that May 20 would be the first annual "Everybody Draw Muhammad Day" and created a fictional group, Citizens Against Citizens Against Humor, to sponsor the event. She dedicated the illustration to Matt Stone and Trey Parker, the creators of "South Park."

She sent the illustration to some bloggers and talked to a local radio host, saying "it's a cartoonist's job to be non-PC."

Now Norris has backed off from that position. She no longer has the illustration on her website and she claims responses to the idea were overwhelming. Instead she has a drawing of herself, with various word balloons containing her feelings about the incident, including "I said that I wanted to counter fear and then I got afraid."

Too late: the paints and brushes await:

But she may have started something she can't stop. Others have taken up the cause of "Everybody Draw Muhammed Day."

Reason.com's blogger Michael C. Moynihan says he will be contributing artwork and will post fans' work on his site as well. The fictional group Citizens Against Citizens Against Humor now has its own site that already contains some irreverent illustrations of Muhammad.

A Facebook page devoted to "Draw Muhammad Day" has followed Norris's lead and backed away from the idea, but fans on the site are still arguing about it.

A rival Facebook page, Ban Draw Muhammad Day , also contains ongoing arguments on both sides of the issue.

On Sunday night's episode of "The Simpsons", the "South Park" issue was mentioned in the opening credits when Bart writes on the chalkboard in school. The chalkboard scrawl reads: "South Park - We'd stand beside you if we weren't so scared."

In the words of Homer himself: "[You] found my one weakness: that I'm weak! "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6e9hQVMqco&feature=fvst

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@capt: "Look How many People are SCARED and wont Voice their View in this Thread. Hundreds have Viewed this Thread and Very Few Have Posted."

seriously? why can't we just enjoy the banter between a couple of members, who i must say each presented their arguments well. there was no need to interject from where i was sitting.

scared of my joblessness? yes. my disability? yes. foreclosure, yes. leo? yes. thoughtless observations from cranky posters as yourself? no. and witnessing, however peripheral, an interaction, exchange of ideas and beliefs, some criticisms, and a somewhat peaceful ending to a topic as hotly debated as religion between members of this group? definitely not.

@capt: "Look How many People are SCARED and wont Voice their View in this Thread. Hundreds have Viewed this Thread and Very Few Have Posted."

seriously? why can't we just enjoy the banter between a couple of members, who i must say each presented their arguments well. there was no need to interject from where i was sitting.

scared of my joblessness? yes. my disability? yes. foreclosure, yes. leo? yes. thoughtless observations from cranky posters as yourself? no. and witnessing, however peripheral, an interaction, exchange of ideas and beliefs, some criticisms, and a somewhat peaceful ending to a topic as hotly debated as religion between members of this group? definitely not.

Sorry if I appear Cranky, I Tried too Show Both Sides of the Dilemma to be Fair. We are all involved in this Problem whether we like it or not.

I was not refering to you, you have posted and showed your stripes, many have not.

It's going to be real hard to Grow Our Meds when we don't have a Home or Power because the Radicals Blew everything up. It's just a matter of Time befor Chit Really Hits the Fan. Over 300 Million People have grown up with one main Idea in their Head, Kill the Infidels at any cost.

The only thing necessary for the Triumph of Evil,

is for Good Men to do NOTHING.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=869_1273251847

> Just a good morning wakeup call!

>

> If this doesn't scare you and wake you up, nothing will!

>

>

> MUSLIM CEREMONY IN VIENNA

>

>

> Just so you may have a better understanding of Islam.

>

> Be sure to note the women and mothers standing calmly in the crowds.

>

>

> Civilized?? You decide. "FREEDOM OF RELIGION" You decide.

>

>

>

> One day we are going to end up in hand to hand combat with these people.

>

>

>

> We may not have anything left but rocks to fight with if the gun

> grabbers have their way.

>

> See what insanity we are dealing with?

>

> The Israelis understand this.

>

> They know if they lose they will be slaughtered in the most vile way.

>

> Just like the "Holocaust" this never happened?

>

>

>

> How does a normal society find words to describe such behavior.....

>

> Wake up Europe, USA and Canada.

>

>

>

> Or this is going to happen in your city.....and sooner than you think?

Guest Wayne

Bigots have rights just like Rand Paul, or the Texas Board of Education! Can you say Atlantic Triangular Trade? I think it has something to do with sugar.

Phaq, be careful some crazy Muslim might be offended and try to car bomb you for the 77 virgins. I find it strange that it is a peaceful religion but if you draw Muhammad they will kill you. Ah "Religion is the opiate of the people". Forget the war on drugs we need a war on religion. Religion kills more people and causes more problems than drugs ever have.

Amen Vender, Amen!

Religious views have caused more wars than anything in the history of our planet.

My new mantra is:

"What sets us apart from the lunatic-fringe/religious right-wingers is our ability to abandon previous knowledge if we found it to be untrue or unjustified."

Happy Sunday!

Mizerman

p.s. I'm sure this post will ruffle a lot of feathers but I'm too damned old and too damned sore to care :P

Bigots have rights just like Rand Paul, or the Texas Board of Education! Can you say Atlantic Triangular Trade? I think it has something to do with sugar.

Rand Paul is a "bigot" because he believes that Government should not tell Private Enterprise what they have to do? I love how everyone wants to jump the gun and slur a person because he thinks that the private sector should remain private. If people would take a step back and respond intelligently instead of reacting the world would be a much more civil place. The Libertarian website can be found here, Libertarian Party. Also, America is exceptional, nothing wrong with rooting for the home team! Drill Baby Drill!

Guest Wayne

MLM your absolutely right. The government darn well better not try to step in and tell BP what to do. They have every right as a private corporation to simply abandon this well as is, and in fact forbid anyone from interfereing by trying to stop what they started. I hope they can criminally prosecute the government for trespassing if it goes anywhere near the oil geyser.

Guest Wayne

I also defend the right of private companies to store uncasked spent nuclear waste next door to your home. Keep the government and it's ignorant regulations out of it.

Guest Wayne

If naturalized citizen's of Saudi Arabian descent brought their family oil riches to the United States, bought up every gas distributorship and all gas stations in, say Nevada, should they be permitted to refuse sales to citizen's of European descent? Or perhaps charge them 500% mark up while selling gas at cost to all others? I'm liking this Libertarian thing more and more as I ponder the possibilities.

I'm in mega pain today, just having a pissy day in general and low and behold I stumble upon this thread. OMG my ribs hurt from ROFLMAO!! You are just to freekin funny!

Dizz

darn right I can hang with the guy's and not be offended ; )

I'm in mega pain today, just having a pissy day in general and low and behold I stumble upon this thread. OMG my ribs hurt from ROFLMAO!! You are just to freekin funny!

Dizz

darn right I can hang with the guy's and not be offended ; )

TY,

Humor is One of the Best Medicines we have within Ourselfs.

If naturalized citizen's of Saudi Arabian descent brought their family oil riches to the United States, bought up every gas distributorship and all gas stations in, say Nevada, should they be permitted to refuse sales to citizen's of European descent? Or perhaps charge them 500% mark up while selling gas at cost to all others? I'm liking this Libertarian thing more and more as I ponder the possibilities.

Being Libertarian does not mean you have a free pass to be a/an (insert offensive curse word here).

I also defend the right of private companies to store uncasked spent nuclear waste next door to your home. Keep the government and it's ignorant regulations out of it.

Government is good for regulating Nuclear waste. Too bad they don't regulate who can use a computer.........lmao.

MLM your absolutely right. The government darn well better not try to step in and tell BP what to do. They have every right as a private corporation to simply abandon this well as is, and in fact forbid anyone from interfereing by trying to stop what they started. I hope they can criminally prosecute the government for trespassing if it goes anywhere near the oil geyser.

Thanks for testing my sarcasm meter, Wayne, I think it needed a little calibration and adjustment today.:)

The libertarian answer to your last strawman, of course, would be to recognize the fantastic opportunity that awaits the open-minded in Nevada. I would be quite tempted to sell my holdings here in Michigan, move to Nevada, and open a 'European friendly' gas station.

Disclaimer: I'm not a libertarian, of course -- they're much too rule-bound and conservative for my tastes.

Draw Mohammed Day content: I had to explain to everyone who entered my office that day what the silly stick-figure cartoon was that I had put up on my door....

Thanks for testing my sarcasm meter, Wayne, I think it needed a little calibration and adjustment today.:)

Disclaimer: I'm not a libertarian, of course -- they're much too rule-bound and conservative for my tastes.

Funny!

In the interest of not leaving other religions out of the artistic expression.... Religious fairness and all smile.gif

gallery_13571_127_46762.jpg

med_gallery_13571_127_17855.jpg

med_gallery_13571_127_183689.jpg

gallery_13571_127_130416.jpg

And just because this one made me laugh like hell.....

med_gallery_13571_127_33797.jpg

Im not prejudice! good post i give you pluses also++ cool.gif

Archived