Getting Rid Of A Patient?

casperthegoat

I am currently a caregiver and have had many problems with one of my patients. I feel like he will try to sabotage me if I cancel him as my patient and am wondering if there are any rules/regulations/etc.. regarding a caregiver canceling their patient. Is there a form like there is for a patient to get rid of their caregiver??? Please help. Thanks you....

A patient can drop a caregiver but a caregiver can't drop a patient. The change forms must be signed by the patient:( I have a patient I haven't heard from in 7 months and the only thing I can do is wait for my card to expire.. I now get all my patients to sign a blank change form so I have the ability to remove myself from a bad situation if need be.

You can drop a patient, send a certified letter to the patient, a copy of that letter to the state.

You must figure out what to do with the patients plants also was any money given up front?

Don't stay with a patient that is taking from your other patients or giving you stress,

there are too many good patients that will gladly fill the others spot.

I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for the great tip BlakDomina.

Thank you all for the tips so far. He currently receives 1 free ounce of medicine each month and only 1 ounce. He has not incurred any cost over than driving for I paid for his doctor visit, his card, everything. I just recently started growing and a new caregiver, so I have been learning the ropes and he was not happy with the medicine once or twice and threatened to sue me as well as do what he can to "shut me down" if he isnt happy in the future. Like i said, he hasn't paid for anything other than gas money and the medicine only once was bad, in which i said to disregard it and he would be compensated. For getting everything for free he is a greedy gentleman and told me he only wants "the big buds, the top of the plant, none of the bottom". and again, like i said, his only cost has been in gas money.

I may just tell him after this harvest is done he'll get two ounces and after that I cannot continue to cover these costs and give him 30 days notice or so before i drop him....

Guest Marywanna

YOU paid for his card and Dr approval?? DANG! Thats the first time I ever heard of a CG doing that! He gets a free oz every month,and he is COMPLAINING about it? You shouldn't have any problems finding patients,dump the idiot. If you are growing legally,he can't do anything about it. Just find another pt before you dump him so your 12 plants are safe. Pts like that make the rest look bad. MW

Thank you all for the tips so far. He currently receives 1 free ounce of medicine each month and only 1 ounce. He has not incurred any cost over than driving for I paid for his doctor visit, his card, everything. I just recently started growing and a new caregiver, so I have been learning the ropes and he was not happy with the medicine once or twice and threatened to sue me as well as do what he can to "shut me down" if he isnt happy in the future. Like i said, he hasn't paid for anything other than gas money and the medicine only once was bad, in which i said to disregard it and he would be compensated. For getting everything for free he is a greedy gentleman and told me he only wants "the big buds, the top of the plant, none of the bottom". and again, like i said, his only cost has been in gas money.

I may just tell him after this harvest is done he'll get two ounces and after that I cannot continue to cover these costs and give him 30 days notice or so before i drop him....

Sounds like you picked up one of my early problem patients. You aren't in the Lansing area are you? LOL... I too provided free meds and delivery to a patient who was never satisfied. Accused me of shorting him (even though he knew his scale was inconsistent,) complained that his deliveries weren't fast enough (next day delivery,) complained his meds weren't ready fast enough (he knew I wasn't growing when I signed him and had a written timeline,) etc. Some people are never happy no matter how good of a service you provide. Happens in every service business. People treat great waiters, masseusse's, hairdressers. MM caregivers like crap all the time. Comes with the territory. It all becomes worth it, though, when you have a great patient who is truly thankful for your work, introduces you to their family, refers you to a friend because of your great service...

Hang in there.

YOU paid for his card and Dr approval?? DANG! Thats the first time I ever heard of a CG doing that! He gets a free oz every month,and he is COMPLAINING about it? You shouldn't have any problems finding patients,dump the idiot. If you are growing legally,he can't do anything about it. Just find another pt before you dump him so your 12 plants are safe. Pts like that make the rest look bad. MW

Yea...i forgot to mention he is also my EX girlfriends step dad, so i wanted to be nice, that is why I paid for his card and what not, not to mention because he has no money. I do have another patient i just signed up as well as looking into becoming a patient myself. Thank you for the support

Yea...i forgot to mention he is also my EX girlfriends step dad, so i wanted to be nice, that is why I paid for his card and what not, not to mention because he has no money. I do have another patient i just signed up as well as looking into becoming a patient myself. Thank you for the support

lol thats a pretty big "forgot to mention". Screw him and just drop him.

Send him a letter (certified) ASAP and tell him that due to threats and that he is clearly unhappy

you are no longer able to continue to help him.

To be a sport Id even send a Change of Care Giver form and a check pre written to the state for the $10 fee

(make copies of it)

Dump him ASAP.

Tell him to try looking in the Metro Times or things along those lines for a CG who can fill his needs better.

Again do not wait do it ASAP! If you are close to a harvest tell him he can pick up his meds from that and thats the end of your relationship.

Tell him due to his attitude you now no longer can continue to provide for other patients and are just stopping all together thanks to his threats

(of course thats just a lie)

I am currently a caregiver and have had many problems with one of my patients. I feel like he will try to sabotage me if I cancel him as my patient and am wondering if there are any rules/regulations/etc.. regarding a caregiver canceling their patient. Is there a form like there is for a patient to get rid of their caregiver??? Please help. Thanks you....

Casper this is a nice system you have set up it sounds like what i am doing paying for vistis or help if needed and then a free oz a month if you are getting rich from robbing sick people you are just like the drug companies that we all love to complain about so casper keep up the good fight brother and good luck with your problem.

Wow, thanks to several of the posters... You guys said stuff I hadn't even thought of, the blank signed form one is brilliant.

What I did think of though, before you even let him have an inkling that you are going to drop him since you describe him as a dink and you do have personal ties...

Lead him on to think you are moving your grow to another location. Or let him think your grow failed due to mites or something, and you are dry sourcing elsewhere until you can fix the problem and get babies going again.

Secure the snot out of where your grow is, including putting in at least one little security cam. If your ex ever had keys to your place, change your locks now, along with the spare key stash location, or just nix having a spare for a while. (funny how many people don't think of that)

If you don't already have contact with a lawyer, get in touch with one that's mj friendly, just in case. It might be pro-bono, or worth a small fee just to have it on record before you do stuff.

You don't need to have a LEO friend, but make sure you know what you need to know in case it gets ugly. Find out the local process in case you need to go on record with a harassment complaint.

Make sure all your paperwork is in order and secure. If the ex or her dad knows where you keep paperwork, stash it somewhere else and/or have copies stashed somewhere else.

lol, I've had a few creepy guys in my past... I hope you wouldn't need any of these measures, but sometimes a touch of paranoia like that can really be helpful later.

Depends on the patient, I paid for 1 patients Dr. visit, another is a patient who switched to me

due to CG nightmares with his previous CG, I paid the $10 fee and offered to pay for his renewal

visit but he said no as it is his primary CG and he needs to see him anyway. I am gonna try and

make him take my money for the renewal fee at least. My other patient is very wealthy and had

no hesitation when I told him the Dr fees and compensation for medication.

Still need to find 2 patients but I am very selective and picky especially after I have read about the nightmares

some other CGs have had with patients they do not know long term.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Casper the goat,

As far as I know the law states he can discharge you at any time and you can discharge him.. The only requirement is returning his plants if he has paid you for what you are entitled for for electrical, supplies, & maintainence. In addition you need to file the paperwork to the State attesting to the change.

It's probably meant to be, don't sweat it.

Take Care of yourself Bro,

lilbuddy

Look on the bright side, you are able to grow 12 plants and he gets one oz. free per month. Let the contract run its course, can't be that much longer. Keep on growing and you will have a good supply for your new patient plus whatever you want to do with the remainder.

The alternative is that if you have no other patient currently, shut down your grow. Let him sue you, at best it is a small claims case. If you have a written contract it is probably void. Marijuana is illegal at the Federal level, contracts to do illegal things are void.

Archived