Police: Marijuana Grower Arrested In Kent Co.

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/mich-1376402-arrested-newschannel.html

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) – Drug enforcement officers in Kent County say that they have busted a man for growing marijuana in Grand Rapids.

On April 27th the Kent Area Narcotics Enforcement Team along with the Drug Enforcement Administration executed a search warrant at 343 Houseman NE. Police say that the home was occupied by Randolph OOM and his fiance'.

KANET was investigating after they received a tip that the couple were illegally growing and selling marijuana in their home.

Officers say that a hydroponic grow room with marijuana was found. There were 18 plants, a large amount of drying marijuana, five mason jars of processed marijuana, two pounds of marijuana clippings, miscellaneous paraphernalia associated with growing marijuana and $2,260 in cash. A loaded 0.38 caliber pistol with a scratched off serial number was also found sitting on a safe in the grow room.

An additional marijuana plant was discovered growing in another area of the home along with five rifles and a shotgun. Three of the five rifles were AR-15's a military style assault rife. There was also a 0.30 caliber military semi-automatic rifle as well as an SKS assault rifle. Loaded magazines and ammo cans were also found.

Detectives say they found military manuals in the home, including one for making booby traps.

OOM told police that he was a licensed care-giver under Michigan marijuana laws. He said that he grew marijuana for two registered patients.

OOM also admitted to selling marijuana to at least three people who do not have medical marijuana cards and one person who had someone else's card.

OOM said that he and his fiance' would take methadone pills in trade for marijuana. They would then sell the pills for profit.

Officers say that OOM admitted that he bought the pistol from a member of the Violators Motorcycle Club out of Detroit. He knew that the serial number had been removed when he bought the pistol three years ago. OOM said he kept it out of fear of being robbed.

Investigators have referred the case to the United States Attorney's Office in Grand Rapids for review.

The case was adopted by the DEA and the United States Attorney’s Office and presented to a Grand Jury.

On May 10th, OOM was arrested by DEA agents after being indicted by a federal jury. OOM was charged with one count of possession of a firearm with an obliterated serial number.

Additional federal charges could be possible. Police say that they are still investigating.

OOM is currently out on bond.

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/mich-1376402-arrested-newschannel.html

OOM also admitted to selling marijuana to at least three people who do not have medical marijuana cards and one person who had someone else's card.

OOM said that he and his fiance' would take methadone pills in trade for marijuana. They would then sell the pills for profit.

Is OOM really that Stupid or where these words put into his mouth ?

Looks Like some good Propaganda for the Boys in Blue.

OMG!!!! :o REALLY!! OOM IS A FREAKING MORON!!!!!! :o REALLY!! Yeah some great propaganda for those boy's in blue..... REALLY!!! :o WTF!! I still can't believe it... Great...just what KANET needs..

OMG!!!! :o REALLY!! OOM IS A FREAKING MORON!!!!!! :o REALLY!! Yeah some great propaganda for those boy's in blue..... REALLY!!! :o WTF!! I still can't believe it... Great...just what KANET needs..

Guess no one ever told him to not to tell them chit....gezzzz

Im assuming OOM is Asian and may not understand english that well and was maybe just shacking his head in a Yes Responce to the LEO's Questions.

Or OOM could be the dullest tool in the shed.

LMFHO!!! :lol: I didn't think of it like that... Yeah.. He may be of asian decent but I think he is DEFINETLY the dullest tool in ANY shed!!

There are going to be criminals that try to hide under Michigan Medical Marijuana laws. I just pray that they don't ruin access to medicine for people who desperately need it. and Oom is definitely a few grapes short of a fruit salad.

It is funny that patients were trading heavily addictive narcotics for a pain killer that works and is not addictive. It just would have been nice if the methadone went down the drain instead of being resold.

I Bet the LEO's took advantage of OOM's limited understanding of the English Language for Obvious Reasons.

The War is Not Over and we all know that they will do anything to Protect their Incomes.

thank you that is why i think they are pushing are case you see they get paid to do it i have to pay to defend us

There are going to be criminals that try to hide under Michigan Medical Marijuana laws.

Registering with the State Really doesn't make sense, you get added Penalties on top of the Regular Penalties. They would be better off using the AD to defend themselfs in Reality.

Again, Ya Can't Fix STUPID.

Pure bs if you ask me why would anyone be stupid enough to admit so much wrongdoing? <_<

Im not buying it that anyones this ignorant to dig that deep of a hole for themself. :angry:

(Side note)Police obtained the warrant on false pretences he was a caregiver and can legaly grow marijuana if he gets a lawyer i would bet he would get this all tossed out as fruit from the poisonous tree.

Pure bs if you ask me why would anyone be stupid enough to admit so much wrongdoing? dry.gif

Im not buying it that anyones this ignorant to dig that deep of a hole for themself. angry.gif

(Side note)Police obtained the warrant on false pretences he was a caregiver and can legaly grow marijuana if he gets a lawyer i would bet he would get this all tossed out as fruit from the poisonous tree.

i would think your right

i would think your right

Maybe that's why it got handed up to the FED's, they don't believe in medical cannabis.

Hmmm. but what about the 4 people still receiving it from the federal government? Guess that don't count.

Im assuming OOM is Asian and may not understand english that well and was maybe just shacking his head in a Yes Responce to the LEO's Questions.

Or OOM could be the dullest tool in the shed.

dude that is the only explanation, why would any one volunteer that kind of info? rolleyes.gif

dude that is the only explanation, why would any one volunteer that kind of info? rolleyes.gif

Really Crazy for sure, Not too Smart Obviously, He's not Asian and He Looks like he understands English.

His Pic is in this Link http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/05/grand_rapids_police_find_weapo.html

How do the LEO's know when too Raid ? More times than not when they Raid it seems the Caregiver/Patients are Harvesting and/or drying out the Plants.

Archived