Fibromyalgia Patients - You Do Not Need To Suffer From Pain.

I am finally legally using medical cannabis for my fibromyalgia pain. I went to Dr. Ron Zaph in Allegan to get my MM papers signed. I recently found out, to by disbelief, that Dr. Zaph passed away! I was so shocked and saddened. Rest in peace, Dr. Zapf.

I received my vaporizer a few days ago. Wow...this is the way to go! No more lighting and inhaling smoke!!!

I definitely am benefiting from Medical Cannabis! :) And just think...my regular M.D. would not prescribe or sign my Medical Cannabis papers. :rolleyes::angry:

Fibromyalgia patients; If you have fibromyalgia and are tired of suffering with the pain, Medical Cannabis is a sure way to relief! It is not the magic bullet or a cure, but it definitely helps one cope with the ongoing pain of this frustrating disease. I highly recommend using medical cannabis.

A little information about myself:

1. Devout Christian

2. Never used Cannabis in my life until recently. I am over 50 yrs. old. (Oh, I tried it a few times out of curiosity when I was under 20 years old, but that was the extent of it.)

3. I have never been arrested and have had only one speeding ticket in my life. That was 32 year ago.

4. I have been happily married to one sweet wife for 32 years.

5. I have had fibromyalgia for more than 15 years.

hi Dan, i have had fibro now for 3 years, agree that cannabis works well for (most of) my fibro pain. I still take nine meds tho, my stomach is tearing up, but im down to once a day for tramadol, tylenol #4, flexeril, and prn on the ambien...still on cymbalta, savella, garapentin/neurontin, symbiak, fish oil, magnesium, vit d, motrin...oops that's 12...i had a severe lumbar sprain with tearing of the ligaments 3 years ago and thats when the fibro went crazy. Have also had 54 trigger point injections, $27,000 worth that my insurance paid, and as soon as they wore off (6 every two weeks for 4 months) i was right back to square one. Oh yeah, I'm on Metformin now too, because all these meds have made me diabetic. Ok, 13 meds. No longer have insurance, either, and I am going bankrupt from the cost of the meds.

Now i'm getting lymph node swelling in both arms and legs for the past 2 days. Never had this before, never had cancer or anything. I'm seeing my doc tomorrow...I never thought I would say this, but I hope he tells me I just have fibro, or a med reaction, and nothing else like lymphoma, for instance. I'm sure at the very least, I am going to need bloodwork and a biopsy. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :(

A little information about myself:

1. Catholic until about 10 years ago, just didn't feel it anymore...probably just my church and a nasty divorce but I feel much more connected to something spiritual when it is on my terms, and doesn't involve passing the basket.

2. Used cannabis my whole life, with an occasional hiatus here or there based on accessibility.

3. I have a drug felony for manufacturing, and about 14 million speeding tickets.

4. I have 4 kids, 2 dogs, and a blind cat. Try finding a bf with those qualifications!

5. I have had fibromyalgia for 3 years.

Guest Medicinal Patient

Hey Christina

If possible let us know what the Dr says. I have lumps in my lower legs an the ortho dr said they were fatty tumors upon a quick inspection. They look nothing like the dramatic photos I have seen that show redness or infected looking lumps. Are any of yours on bone? Sometimes the ones in my legs get bigger and then reduce in size. I still can't figure out the pattern and what I might be doing or what happens to cause the flare ups. Its pure hell when pressed against lots of nerves. Bad enough to where I couldn't sit up at all for over 6weeks. My Dr is worthless and don't care. Even tho I tell her its getting worse and my legs will start shaking for no apparent reason after standing too long. Maybe its muscle weakness I don't know. I hope your recent problems are not more serious than your Fibro. Thats hell enough in itself.

Good Luck at the Dr.

I have fibromyalgia also along with hep C,I've had these conditions for a long time, 20 years or more.

I encourage everyone with fibro to do stretches, excercise is better than taking a bunch of pills. I believe I developed the hep C from a home made tatoo when I was 17 years old. I didn't have symptoms for some time, late 20's .I truly believe that excercise made it easier to move without hardly any pain.

I've slacked on excercising over the past year, I've been out of work for that long an gained a few pounds, its not that I eat anymore,I just haven't been excercising, I'd been working on the 3med org, which meant ALOT of computer work, traveling an phone calls.

I need to practice what I'm preaching, and I soon will.

I've noticed how much more I hurt from not excercising.

Once you get past the first two weeks of working out you notice a difference in how you feel mentally an physically.

I've owned a weight bench from the time I was 19years old, I had gained over 100 pounds with my first pregnancy, single parent, sat home all the time with no car, no money tano go anywhere, didn't have a car anyways, so I asked my grandma to buy me a weight bench for my birthday . I still have one.

My point of all this is for all of us that have a dibiltating condition, we have to keep our muscles flexible an our joints (no pun intended. )

Trust me you'll feel soooo much better.

I only take one medication besides mm, an thats ultram (tramedol )

I've been on the same pills for 18 years, an same dosage.

Today when your watching TV or on the computer, get up an go stretch or go for a short walk, if your in a wheel chair, you know what your limits are.

Pills not only tear your stomach up, they tear your liver an kidneys an more.

I feel your pain.

saw the doc today. the things i thought were lymph nodes are actually trigger points that are really active. he thinks its a sign the fibro is starting to flare up so we are upping meds :(

Cindy im glad u posted because i could tell from it u have a great attitude about things. I am kinda at the mercy of this thing right now, but eventually i think it will run its course. my goals for the short term is taking care of myself, getting the blood sugar controlled with diet so i can drop the metformin, and using mmj in place of pain meds as much as possible. the last thing i can get rid of is the fibro meds tho, but im going to focus on getting ahold of whatever studies i can find on fibro research.

also i have not been taking savella with food, a big no-no for my stomach. getting rid of the nausea i have been having will be a big improvement!

my dogs and cats have always LOVED playing with each other, and they all eat out of the same bowl. until recently we had another cat, who would jump on top of the fridge, where the bag of cat food is kept. She would knock it over, and then knock food down for the dogs and blind cat. The blind cat, btw, hones in on food by running in tight, rapid circles until she bumps into it. picture this in a small kitchen, with two giant pit bulls begging for a cat to feed them. crazy family!

• 11 months later...

I have a question as a caregiver, are there strains that you feel work best for the Fibromyalgia, or did you have to try a few strains to find the best one for you, thanks in advance for any information always looking to be a better provider.

I have a question as a caregiver, are there strains that you feel work best for the Fibromyalgia, or did you have to try a few strains to find the best one for you, thanks in advance for any information always looking to be a better provider.

HI: I also suffer from Fibro....I've found for me that a strong sativa blend works great during the day because it get's me moving around and doing stuff. One of the best things for Fibro is exercise (believe it or not) and a good nights sleep....so Sativa by day, Indica at night.

I absolutely agree. I'm new to Fibro, (2 yrs), and have R.A. as well, confusing the symptoms. Sativa in the am, indica at night to sleep works best for me as well. Coupled with Celebrex and a little excercise, fish oil and prayer..bow.gif

HI: I also suffer from Fibro....I've found for me that a strong sativa blend works great during the day because it get's me moving around and doing stuff. One of the best things for Fibro is exercise (believe it or not) and a good nights sleep....so Sativa by day, Indica at night.

I have fibro too, and diabetes, celiac disease, osteo arthritis I swear in every joint. I had a knee replacement this year and HAD to exersize but I did most of that in the pool. All of this along with perifrial nerve damage from the diabetes, and the fibro still kicks my butt. I thank God every day for marijuana.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived