New With Tons Of Questions!

I am new to this & not sure i will be able to find the replys if anyone does reply--but--here goes- I have grown before years ago & now have 2 clones 11 weeks old in 3 gal containers under 400w Halide bulb-I plan to change to HPS when i start bloom. Things look like they are going good except the edges of some of the leaves turn brown---It is not a big problem but with only 2 plants i sure don't want it to become one. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions--oR am i even in the right place to ask?? Any InFo on Anything would be helpful!!! Thanksss

A shot in the dark is that your pH is drifting too high/low.

Need more info, for a better guess/solution...

Like:

Type of media: Soil, Coir, Hydro, Aero? Probably hand watering/feeding? Water from faucet? City? Well? check pH? eC? Type of Nutes?

Anyway Welcome, Cartoon Girl, We'll hook you up!

A shot in the dark is that your pH is drifting too high/low.

Need more info, for a better guess/solution...

Like:

Type of media: Soil, Coir, Hydro, Aero? Probably hand watering/feeding? Water from faucet? City? Well? check pH? eC? Type of Nutes?

Anyway Welcome, Cartoon Girl, We'll hook you up!

Thanks for your information-Here is the info --Grow medium is Pro-mix-BX-peatbased w/mycorise-I am feeding with Dyna-grow-7-9-5-right now-Yes I am watering by hand /water is city filtered & sits a good time before use at room temp with 1/2 tsp per gal nutrients-I water approx 32 oz a day each plant-I have NOT checked ph-which I will do. thanks for your help--I hope this info gives you a better idea of my grow 7 what i could do better--again thanks!

Welcome2520to2520the2520Group.jpg

" cartowngirl "

Welcome to MMMA 2.0

My best suggestion that is really helpful is get this book :

Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible by

Jorge Cernantes ... It has lots of pictures and good information ...

Hope this helps ....

sounds like a little over watering and ph issues. dont water them everyday let the dirt dry out a little before you water, when i water i like to have 33% run off and please please drain this run off water dont let your plant absorb it back up. PH is very important for nutrient uptake you want your water PH around 6.2-6.8 when you water if your using detroit water your PH is probably around 7.2-7.8

Thanks for your reply! Yes i am using Det water-I honestly don't acyually know what you mean by "run-off" in this instance. I now water them daily-BUT do not soak them--are you saying I should soak them til water comes out of the bottom of the container holes--then let them dry out?? I would appreciate it if you can clear this up for me--i am gettin ready to transplant into 5 gals this weekend 7 hope to begin flowering in 2 wks. Again thanks for any info u can give

I am new to this & not sure i will be able to find the replys if anyone does reply--but--here goes- I have grown before years ago & now have 2 clones 11 weeks old in 3 gal containers under 400w Halide bulb-I plan to change to HPS when i start bloom. Things look like they are going good except the edges of some of the leaves turn brown---It is not a big problem but with only 2 plants i sure don't want it to become one. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions--oR am i even in the right place to ask?? Any InFo on Anything would be helpful!!! Thanksss

hi there!! welcome to the boards!

that link jipo sent you should have your answers, but if not, get a camera out and post us a pic and we will get it straightened out for you. also, a few of us have a help thread going and if you have the time, it's worth the read:

http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/index.php?/topic/18150-need-your-grow-questions-answered-come-on-in/

feel free to pop in anytime!! no question too big, and none too small :)

hi there!! welcome to the boards!

that link jipo sent you should have your answers, but if not, get a camera out and post us a pic and we will get it straightened out for you. also, a few of us have a help thread going and if you have the time, it's worth the read:

http://www.michiganm...red-come-on-in/

feel free to pop in anytime!! no question too big, and none too small smile.gif

lets get that rep in the pluses +++ lol

yes soak the dirt and let it dry before the next watering. run off is the water that drains out of the bottom of your pot

Ok-thanks-lol--got it on the run-off--The reason i did not have a clue was i have never watered them til that point-which I was wondering if the water was gettin all the way down-SOOO I bought a ph tester & soil moisture tester-Ph on my plain water was 7-the soil was just below 7 but it was DRY-Is there a trick or method to watering that works best? I am gonna try to put a pic up to help everyone see whats going on--thanks so much

those stick ph meters dont work for squat. when i water if my plant is in a 5 gallon bucket i use at least 3/4 of a 5 gallon bucket to water, i let the water completely run off and drain it i dont water till my moisture stick reads 3

Ok that makes sence--thanks for the moisture ##-by what you are saying then should i have them on the dryer side when I transplant? Also should I water the soil i put in the bottom of 5 gal before I put the plant in? I am attaching a pic -maybe it will help--thanks for your help--I am watering only 32 oz a day right now--for fear of overwateringpost-13734-1273958407836_thumb.jpg

That is nute burn on the tips. Back off on the nutes.

wow, how has this question been around for 4 days without an answer?? we slipping. sorry :D good eye indica jones

is there anyway you can get us pics?

indica jones may be right but your plants are at 11 weeks old? i'm thinking that if you have gotten them this far without burning them, maybe thats not it??

leaves will turn brown, die, and fall off over time naturally. not every leaf makes it to the end :D so it could possibly be natural, but it could be nute burn or maybe even a deficiency. pics would be best.

wow, how has this question been around for 4 days without an answer?? we slipping. sorry :D good eye indica jones

is there anyway you can get us pics?

indica jones may be right but your plants are at 11 weeks old? i'm thinking that if you have gotten them this far without burning them, maybe thats not it??

leaves will turn brown, die, and fall off over time naturally. not every leaf makes it to the end :D so it could possibly be natural, but it could be nute burn or maybe even a deficiency. pics would be best.

Thanks for the reply-I am still not sure if i am responding in the right place-lol--but here goes-They are now 12 weeks --I just transplanted into 5 gals--WOW--Tons of roots & I was surprised that there was not more room in the 5 gals--BUT-here are some pics that i hope u will get to see & will help in telling me if things are going as they should--I think the brown could be natural-as it is not a huge issue but It could also be burn-I am using 1/2 tsp Dyna grow in 1 gal water-when I transplanted I watered the medium (pro-mix) that I placed in the bottom with a mix os wate & nut mix water--then transplanted & added more nute water-that was yesterday & the pics were taken this am--any advice or comments are deffinetely appreciated--I am thinkin of starting to flower soon--maybe 2 wks--what do u think?? soory pics don't seem to be wantin to work i will try to get u a pic somehow!

Yeah........a pic is worth more than a description. What is the saying..........a picture is worth a thousand words. Remember large old leaves Macronutes........small leaves new growth Micronutes.

Also when doing soil/peat moss soiless mixes add about 1/2 to 1 cup of agriculture lime to every 5 gallons of mix. This will help with PH swings.

yeah there's not much doubt that you are more informed when it comes to soil, i just saw that she was at 11-12 weeks and the possibilities became endless.

and in this biz, pics are worth a MILLION words :)

Yeah........a pic is worth more than a description. What is the saying..........a picture is worth a thousand words. Remember large old leaves Macronutes........small leaves new growth Micronutes.

Also when doing soil/peat moss soiless mixes add about 1/2 to 1 cup of agriculture lime to every 5 gallons of mix. This will help with PH swings.

Thanks for alll your advice & for even answering me! I am thinkin from what u & bubblegrower have told me--and the fact that i have checked Ph & moisture --it might be normal--I am only loosin maybe 2/3 leaves a week * they are browning at the tip--non of the new growth has any brown & I am keepin a close eye on them-again thanks for all your help & I am sorry if I am in the wrong place fopr grow questions--I am such a beginer on the pc--better at the growing :))

yeah there's not much doubt that you are more informed when it comes to soil, i just saw that she was at 11-12 weeks and the possibilities became endless.

and in this biz, pics are worth a MILLION words :)

Thank you soo much for taking the time to send me an e mail--I was able(I think) to send you the pics on there--hopefully u will get time to give me your opinion. Again Thanks sooo much for your time & help! :)