Big Announcement For You & 3Ma

It has taken me several days to write this announcement.

It could very well be the most important announcement

I ever make (no pressure there).

It should come as no surprise that our community is fractured. Many individuals and groups have simply gone their own way. There is nothing wrong with doing your own thing. The problem comes when a common foe threatens everyone. Separately these individuals and groups will not be able to fend off the attacks. When one person falls it affects us all. The whole movement becomes weaker. With enough small attacks the whole movement WILL fail.

IF we fail the sick will suffer and there will be no one to fight for them. Somewhere in Michigan tonight a young child suffers due to a lack of medicine. Why because her caregiver was raided and the plants were taken.

Somewhere in Michigan one of our elderly sits alone in the dark and suffers. Medical Marijuana would ease their pain, but they are too afraid to try it. Fear of law enforcement and jail make them suffer on into the dawn.

Somewhere tonight a mother weeps in the night. Her family has gone to bed again with too little to eat. Why? Because her and her spouse are unable to find work. They are both skilled factory workers. She wonders if things would have been different if the grow store they were going to open had been allowed to exist.

Somewhere tonight a child cries longing for his family. He wants to go home. He is scared and alone. His families home was raided in the middle of the night. His best friend… his dog was shot in front of him. His mom and dad were taken away by men in mask with guns. What had they done that was so wrong. He had never seen them hurt anyone. He misses them and cries.

Somewhere tonight a man sits alone in his truck staring off in the distance. He quietly prays and asks God why? Why did this happen? All he ever wanted was a better life for his family. He had lost his job due to a injury, but did not worry too much. After all he had always been a good provider for his family. But now his plan to grow his own medicine had failed. Why? His home was raided and all his growing equipment had been taken. His kids were sent to foster homes. His wife had left him under the stress of the past months. What is he to do now? Everything he loved is gone. He sits alone in his truck. He can feel the cold steel of the gun in his hand and he wonders. Would anyone even miss him? Would anyone even know what had happened or care for that matter?

People these stories are very real. And very true. If they invoked a emotional reaction in you good. That was the point. Our families, friends, and loved ones are under attack. We must act. We can no longer allow this to continue.

Folks I am just a man. I make mistakes. I make lots of mistakes. I have been wrong before several times. But one thing I can say is this: I have always had the best of intentions. I always wanted to do what would help our movement and the people in it. After all that’s why I got involved. To help.

I have also fallen victim to the infighting, name calling, and bitter fighting. I even believed I could fight the powers that be on my own. The fact is I cant and you cant either. We need each other. Plain and simple. You may not be having problems right now in your area, but others are. And when they fall the problem will spread. And someday it will come to your front door.

It does not have too be this way. If we ALL work together we can win. We can take back our rights. We can live as free people without fear of attacks.

I have met with many of you. I have been to your clubs. I have fought for you rights. I have defended you choices. I have done this at township halls, city council meetings, rallies, marches, and everywhere I go. YOU are always first on my mind. When you hurt I hurt. When you are in fear I fear. I have been there for you and I will be there for you. In my time doing this I have truly come to see the BIG picture. Our enemies are strong and cunning. There is but ONE way to win this war. And make NO mistake it is a war. WE MUST STAND TOGETHER!

I have stated in the past that 3MA was on the wrong track. And I still don’t agree with everything going on. But I do believe the org can be saved and turned into a beacon of hope for all of us. I also stated in the past that I would have no more to do with them. This was one of the mistakes I made. It would be foolish for me to be blinded by my anger.

I have been asked by 3MA to come on board and guide the political direction of the 3MA. I don’t take this lightly. And I can’t do it without YOU! This could make or break the movement. They want me to unite EVERYONE in our movement. And I have agreed to try. I understand that not everyone is willing to work together. But at this point we MUST put our personal opinions aside. Please think of the people in the stories above. Is there anything more important than them? Is the petty bickering really more important. I don’t think it is. If you still want to stand off and alone then that’s your choice. I can’t force you to have an open mind. But we WILL be the force in Michigan. And if anyone wishes to continue to propagate the bickering and fighting they WILL BE SEEN BY ALL FOR WHAT/WHO THEY REALLY ARE.

Soon I will start making my way around to each and every compassion club, club, org, or meeting. I want to hear what each one of you wants from the 3MA. Your voice will count. We will be setting up a voting system to make sure of that.

If you have had past problems with 3MA as I have then please just give me a chance. I can’t fix everything alone. And I can’t do anything without you.

YOU ARE THE 3MA.And without you 3MA will be no more. All I ask is that you listen with an open mind.

Here is how this works:

First off how much do I get paid? NOTHING

What do I hope to accomplish? A better life for us all.

Am I a stakeholder or stockholder? Yes… I have a stake in the world I leave to my kids. Yes I have stock. Stock in my state and countries well being.

Why? That’s simple …because I care!

I don’t work for 3MA. I represent YOU the people.

I have been given very wide discretionary powers in my actions with 3MA.

I have been given access to support to complete the missions set by YOU the people.

I will be involved in every aspect of the 3MA’s activities. I will not be micro managing, but I will be watching.

The business end of 3MA will NOT control the mission of the people.

3MA will be for the people and by the people.

The first task is to make face-to-face contact with everyone I can. It would do no good to be about the people if I don’t know the people.

I will not exclude ANY person or group. Everyone is welcome.

Each voice will have a vote in what we do next.

I will not be relying on my opinions or past experiences. I will be relying on YOUR opinions, your voices, you’re votes.

You will ALL have an equal say in where we go from here.

As this new direction is implemented I will be requesting help from our members. It will take us all. I know some members have illness and limitations. Support comes in many forms. I ask that each one of you try to help is some way.

We CAN win this. But it will take us all.

Change starts with YOU!

I leave you with a quote by Margaret Mead:

“A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.”

Thank You

John Wells

Humble servant

Please forward this to help get the word out.

Interesting post Welj. I've never really gotten involved with the politics or bickering that occurs on the boards, but your right. We need to stick together as a community. All the stories you mentioned are very true, and I've been close to being a victim myself. Looking forward to seeing you at a compassion club meeting soon.

John thank you for all your hard work. I'd love to meet with you. The club I'm trying to join is inactive at the moment, another member from here, and I, are hoping to get it going again, it may resume in June anyway, we hope. Whether we succeed or not I'd still like to meet you if you're ever in my area. I'm not able to travel far but have abilities I can use to help. Although I'm tired of fighting, I voted for MM, so I feel responsibility in seeing it work as it was intended. I will do whatever I can. Handling stress and conflict isn't easy for me, though I've been lucky sometimes to succeed in diplomatically settling differences. I wish you and the 3MA success, though I don't know what 3MA is exactly. I'd like to know what else I can do besides trying to keep the peace, staying informed, educating others, and most of all being a compassionate friend. What direct action will help, such as, writing letters? If I understood more about 3MA I could have a better idea what I could do. If they are far away from me I couldn't attend any meetings. If we met or at least talked online I could have an idea what's needed and how I can best fill that need or help find others who can. A strong network can do wonders. With all the "bots" around here I wouldn't wanna have that info floating loosely around. Is this a physical group in an office? I wonder if I've seen a website for them.

Sincerely, Sb

John Congrats.

Everyone else 3ma is MMMA or the Michigan Medical Marijuana Association, the sponsors of this forum and probably the largest Michigan based medical marijuana activist group. In short, 3ma is YOU!

Thanks John....

I have been trying for months to pull the groups together ...

But , I too am only one man ,

I go to as many meeting as my SSI check will allow me to go ...

I too have seen w/ my own eyes some of the story's you have spoke of ...

I too have had my Life Threaten by members of a compassion group ...

So i can understand and see why many groups have decided to do their own thing ...

I cannot change them , but what i can do is " Lead by Example " like you have said ...

It has not been easy , The Problem is that I can only do so much ... I NEED HELP

I've been to some groups that really have been doing really good job at helping others ...

and to some groups that have alot of good potential ...

There are some really good people out there ... and their are those not so good ...

What makes it hard is , that many people are struggling in Michigan !

And this has helped many people have the ability to make a little Cash ....

For Some, Big Money !

I got involved to learn and to help others ... and to share My Hopes and Dreams ...

It just takes time ... Lots of Time and Effort on my part and I am NOT giving up .

I just don't want to loose what we have Today ...

I enjoy growing my own Meds and sharing them w/ my Freinds ...

I really Enjoy the Fellowship the most ...

I too will be trying to make as many meetings as i can and do my best to Support your

Group w/ the hopes that you will support our group ...

Tarzan

3ma is MMMA or the Michigan Medical Marijuana Association, the sponsors of this forum and probably the largest Michigan based medical marijuana activist group. In short, 3ma is YOU!

TO ALL THE PEOPLE OF MMMA, (3MA), THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING THERE, FOR WORKING SO HARD, DESPITE SO MUCH OPPOSITION. I Proudly stand beside you, even though I'm a tired, reluctant warrior, we stand UNITED, to protect, defend, preserve, and enforce the law as it was decided by we the people. Whatever I can do I will do gladly.

Sincerely, Sb

Help Me Help You. We are going to change the state and then the country.

I can’t do this alone. I need a support staff. I don’t expect you to travel but I need a strong home based support group.

I am requesting help from people in or with exp in the following fields:

People to help in tracking down Compassion clubs, grow shops, and anyone we need to speak to.

Public relations

Media relations

Logistics

I.T.

Political Science

Mediation

Lobbyist To be announced when he is ready.

I will go into more detail on the jobs soon.

This is a list of support staff so far:

Assistant: To be named when she is ready

Tech guy / intern: Matt W. (my son)

I should also mention I will be setting up a joint Northern Michigan Regional Office.

In public relations, would this be a contact person who'd answer inquires about the function of the group and also write letters to compassion clubs, among other people, asking for their support not just funds but to work with us? I'm trying to think of the word that means, a "go-between" for the public and an organization. is it liaison? Someone with good communication skills, I'm not speaking necessarily about myself for the job, I've never done a job like that and would want someone experienced to do it but I could help write letters.

Sb

In public relations, would this be a contact person who'd answer inquires about the function of the group and also write letters to compassion clubs, among other people, asking for their support not just funds but to work with us? I'm trying to think of the word that means, a "go-between" for the public and an organization. is it liaison? Someone with good communication skills, I'm not speaking necessarily about myself for the job, I've never done a job like that and would want someone experienced to do it but I could help write letters.

Sb

My line of thinking on this was the media shows MM for the most part in a poor light. I would like to get some things going that would prove us to be a productive part of our state. things like road cleanup, toy drives, food drives, blanket drives, helping the homeless. Putting us out there in the public eye doing great things for the people of our state.

John, I agree, all good things come from taking care of our poor. Given the state of the economy in Michigan, that's most of us. We can pull together and accomplish great things. Look how much we changed the world today. We just need to put a few of these good days together in a row and we will be unstoppable. Now the good work starts! Lets just see how far we can take it. :)

Today the state next the country

My line of thinking on this was the media shows MM for the most part in a poor light. I would like to get some things going that would prove us to be a productive part of our state. things like road cleanup, toy drives, food drives, blanket drives, helping the homeless. Putting us out there in the public eye doing great things for the people of our state.

OH those are WONDERFUL IDEAS! The compassion clubs could do these things as regular activities! Yes?

Sb

my involement in the MMMA,and 3MED at times has left me wondering why do i even go to the sites,my posts get blocked here because they're not positive enought?and welj39 eats his own words and goes back to the org. he swore he wouldn't...the reason i think i come back,and others too, is for the community,the thought of doing something greater, for the good of ones self and others.Unity is hard to find,get a dozen people in a room and ask if its warm enought and see what you get..if i were a board member i'd be scared to do anything because everything you do turns into a controvesy.i feel for those guys,and John i wish you the best of luck, you have my support,this site has my support,we all have a stake in the actions we take,and each voice is important and must me heard,if that voice gets shouted down by the membership, so be it,but it must be heard first..and john if you can make peace in your heart and come back to the MMMA i think its great,speak with the members and keep their needs formost and you'll be a great asset to us all..and other then being a bit "overly" dramatic in your post i look forward to hearing from you here,and seeing you there...lol,,peace all..zb

John Wells, Thank You, Noble servant with vision.. Reading Your story strikes a cord with me and I am sure folks all over the state. I will stand up and help. Let me know how I can help. The 3Ma is us... Each and every one involved in this forum.. United we stand divided we may stagnate... A common goal for all patients from the border to the bridge and beyond. Thanks... Andrew

Archived