Mildew Smell ......heat.......humidity

thatoneartist

Hey, the last couple weeks were rough on my basement op. I finally got my AC unit and dehumidifier hooked up but still smell a little mildew. Was told to run a sulfur burner to help get rid of moisture in the air. Sound right? I mean the dehumidifier keeps it near 50%... Is that too high?

The sulfur burner should/will kill mold & mildew so you could run at a higher humidity but without the sulfur I have experienced some mold in the larger top buds with humidity above 50% even with lots of airflow. The strain will have somewhat of a determination on mold issues but to be on the safe side I tend to keep humidity on the lower end of the spectrum using a dehumidifier. Sounds like you need to kill the mold-sulfur-and control humidity but whatever you do keep air moving over and through the crop.

• 1 month later...

Another cheaper way to help with that also as silly as it sounds is to get yourself a bunch of boxes of baking soda and set them around (open). Depending on how big your grow area is probably five to ten boxes from like the dollar store or something. It will help as well. Will probably help with the odor as well.

Archived