Feminized God Bud Seeds

We just got finished running a crop of feminized god bud all but 1 hermied early so they were all pulled for oil but one did go the entire 8 weeks and came out looking awesome but upon closer inspection this one followed suit and created seeds as well .

My question is it worth my time planting these seeds because this is some really fine meds even with the seeds and id love to keep a mother or just grow a couple each grow.

sorry bro that sucks. godbud is awesome too. i've had it in a cross that was god bud dominant. very strong. did you get it from BCBD? if i knew i had 100% stable seed stock i would plant those but if you like what you tried i say go for it, probably 50% hermies at least. did that plant hermie too or was it just pollinated by the other hermies.

what's your room like? any problems?

what's your room like? any problems?

My grow room isnt 100% light tight but it gets pretty dark in there my entire room is 11x12x8 the flower box is 5x5x8 and the remainder of the grow room serves as a veg chamber .

Yes bc bud depot is where they came from not cheap either $150 for 10 plus 3 free beans.

I watch all my plants closely for males and hermies this specific plant showed zero signs of going hermi .

godbud.jpg

But even with it going hermie this medicine is very strong and something id love to have around.

If all of them hermied, it could be your grow conditions ie. light leaks you dont want light leaks into your flower room 100% dark when lights are out not even one led light. Crappy seed companies often sell hermie seeds, not saying the company you got yours from is, never used them, but many Canadian seed companies are known for seeds that herm. if you got some of those then I would find a new source.

If its good meds that you like and you get a few seeds no big deal, just keep in mind growing a hermie plant next to other 100% female plants will pollenate those as well., could be good could be bad.

I would see if you might have stressed your plants into a hermapohide, if not, then I would shop for a new strain.

Sorry to hear about your luck. Hermaphroditism is a survival mechanism cannabis plants use to continue the life cycle of it's genetics. Chances are you got your hands on a very sensitive strain.

The only way the cannabis plant will turn hermaphrodite is if it has some type of irregular and/or sudden stressor. This stressor could be anything from a sudden lack of nutrients all the way to light leaks. Also, different genetics will exhibit different stress level requirements. Meaning some genetics will hermaphrodite a lot easier than others and vice versa.

It has been my experience that some plants will turn hermie during the 1-2 week flushing period that many people do. This happens because of the sudden influx of plain water and sudden loss of nutrients. The plant responds by attempting to reproduce with itsself to preserve it's genetics... The flushing process is, believe it or not, one of the most stressful things you can do to a plant. I don't fush my plants, EVER. I don't flush for many reasons but, long story short, it literally makes no difference. I like to label the flushing process as one hell of a placebo effect.

I have done some decent testing on light leaks also... The basic conclusion I drew was that in order for the plants to have the hermaphrodite hormones triggered the light leak has to be sudden and/or sustained and very irreglular. The theory I decided was that the irregular lighting caused photosynthetic stress on the plant causing irregular hormone responses, in turn triggering the hermaphrodite gene.

I tested this by simply taking two small plants in two small grow boxes, both given the same environment and the same lighting (two seperate 70w hps fixtures). They were both clones from the same plant at pretty much exactly the same growth stage. Now, one box had a small BLUE LED flash light that would come ON when the regular grow lights would go OFF. This was setup for the entire flowering process. The other box had the exact same blue LED light but the light was turned on at irregular times and sometimes not at all. The plant with the regular blue LED light finished the bloom phase normally. The plant with the irregular blue LED light turned into a hermaphrodite very quickly.

In spite of my extensive experimentation with Hermaphroditism it is still a very unpredictable growth response, mainly because of the many genetic variations of the cannabis plant and the different stress levels required for each genetic line to trigger those hormones.

I HIGHLY recommend that you DO NOT purchase seeds from the BC Bud Depot!!! They are reknowned for falsifying genetic information on thier strains. Most, if not all of thier seeds are fake! Take my word with a grain of salt if you like, or take it seriously and do yourself a favor, do some more research into the genetics of your plants before your purchase.

I can tell you right now that if that picture above is an image of your God Bud plant that you got from BC Bud Depot, it is definitely NOT the real God Bud strain...

To my knowledge, the REAL God Bud is a clone only strain that turns purple around the 5th or 6th week of bloom. It gets so purple it eventually almost looks black. There are SOME situations where the plant won't turn as purple as the original plant (mainly because of environmental factors) but if it doesn't turn purple at all, it's DEFINITELY not God Bud.

My honest opinion, if you find seeds that claim to be GodBud, pass on it. Do not buy God Bud seeds. They are NOT real. I don't care who the hell says they are. God Bud is just like Purple Urkle, the originals are CLONE ONLY. You will not find ORIGINAL seeds of these plants. Anything you do find is a knock off or an altered hybrid that claims to be the real deal. (not saying it won't be good, just saying, if you're into legitemit genetics, mind your sources and do some research if you want reliable genetics.)

Here is an image of the REAL and ORIGINAL God Bud plant. You will NOT find another image like it. The REAL God Bud is an elite clone only high-grade strain created by underground breeders in British Columbia, the names of which I will not speak of (yes I've met them and yes I have seen this plant in person). The genetics were purchased in clone form by a very unreliable and devious individual who secretly worked for the depot, who wasn't supposed to have any connections with the commercial market...

A couple years later the God Bud strain became available by the BC Bud Depot. The bc bud depot now claims to be the original breeder of God Bud... So far from the truth it's not even funny. The BC Bud Depot back-bred it with a few strains and the genetics of that strain are now very unstable and unreliable, just like the rest of thier seeds...

You will NEVER get a plant that you purchase from the BC Bud Depot to look like the original, EVER! This kind of devious marketing scoundral crap pisses strain hunters and breeders off big time. Commercialization of strains has become a HUGE nuisance to the cannabis breeding culture. Just look around at all the seed banks and commercial breeders these days. A quick google search for "cannabis seeds" should put it into perspective for you...

IMG_5032.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Feminizing is done by using the pollen from a hermied female on the young-buds of a non-hermied plant...

"Selfed" seeds (the seeds that occur when a hermie gets seeded by it's own pollen) will also be hermies... since it is all her "damaged" genetics in those seeds...

by using that pollen on a "female" plant-- those seeds have a mixed genetics and a lower likelihood of hermy-ing.... HOWEVER-- they can still hermie just because that particular pollen was used.

Look up "Soma Feminizing" in google.. or "Mendel Genetics cannabis"... can be very helpful.

Feminizing is done by using the pollen from a hermied female on the young-buds of a non-hermied plant...

"Selfed" seeds (the seeds that occur when a hermie gets seeded by it's own pollen) will also be hermies... since it is all her "damaged" genetics in those seeds...

by using that pollen on a "female" plant-- those seeds have a mixed genetics and a lower likelihood of hermy-ing.... HOWEVER-- they can still hermie just because that particular pollen was used.

Look up "Soma Feminizing" in google.. or "Mendel Genetics cannabis"... can be very helpful.

Feminizing seeds does not "damage genetics"...

Hermaphroditism is a NATURAL evolutionary adaptation. Even regular seeds can turn hermie... Do your research.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/21773-feminized-seeds-and-hermaphroditism-a-clarification/

Please read...

Look-- we Know who each other is-- and the animosity you have for me...

that doesn't give you license to be rude HERE.

I did NOT say feminizing damaged the gentics... I said that selfing carried on the hermie gene into the seeds-- which many folks consider to be "bad genetics" since those seeds have a much higher incidence of also being hermies-- unlike actual "Feminized" seeds tha have hermie pollen used on female plants, mixing the genetics and making them stronger and LESS likely to hermie... unlike the 80%+ in selfed plants, truely feminized seeds have the same rate of hermies as regular seeds.

1st-- actually READ what was written-- then YOU do YOUR research before spouting off and starting drama...

This is not the place for it.

These seeds, and feminized seeds in general from this particular source is uber-notorious for hermy plants. I have personally heard hundreds if not thousands of complaints. It's a question of ethics and 'best'practices, or lack thereof. No matter what you did or didn't do, these seeds were always going to produce hermy plants. Period.The resultant seeds from those plants are going to be even more hermy-prone and are for most purposes IMHO a complete waste of time.

Hermaphroditism is a NATURAL evolutionary adaptation. Even regular seeds can turn hermie... Do your research.

http://michiganmedic...-clarification/

Please read...

I did NOT say feminizing damaged the gentics... I said that selfing carried on the hermie gene into the seeds-- which many folks consider to be "bad genetics" since those seeds have a much higher incidence of also being hermies-- unlike actual "Feminized" seeds tha have hermie pollen used on female plants, mixing the genetics and making them stronger and LESS likely to hermie... unlike the 80%+ in selfed plants, truely feminized seeds have the same rate of hermies as regular seeds.

1st-- actually READ what was written-- then YOU do YOUR research before spouting off and starting drama...

i fail to see the rudeness?

you made an improper post and THCfarmer corrected it.

he very well could have called you out on it and made it much worse.......... but he chose to politely correct you IMO:

http://michiganmedic...-clarification/

Please read...

i am not seeing rude here??

i am seeing great info that needs to be pleasantly passed around.

its rude for you to say this is rude.

No pun intended brotha. I'm just trying to make sure the information provided, on this topic, is clear and decisive. I honestly wasn't intending to show you up or anything of the kind man. We're all on here to learn and help one another.

"Do your research" and "Please Read" were not necessarily directed at you. It was more or less a generalized statement. My apologies, I do see how that could have been misinterpreted.

I'm just trying to make it perfeclty clear that the hermaphroditic tendancy of a Cannabis plant is a genetic trait. Be it feminized seeds or not if that particular strain is prone to hermaphroditism it will show, given the right environmental conditions. Feminizing does not and can not cause that genetic trait to change or become more prominant. If a breeder feminizes strain that is susceptible to that genetic trait, well then it's more likely that you'll have hermaphroditic tendancies on that line of seeds.

I'm not sure if that's what you meant or not but that's pretty much the only way a feminized seed could be more prone to becomming a hermie...

Archived