16X18 Area, Tents Or Build Rooms?

MiMedicalMJ

I have access to a basement area at a property I own (small commercial stand alone)

which is just NOT renting.....

I very well may take this part of the space and build it out to use for my CG duties.

It has 2 30 amp 220 breakers already there.

It has a small heater built in to the lower level (no ac but its never gotten very hot down there anyway)

Either way the space is 16X18.

I want to keep a portion of it open to use as a general work and storage area.

How should I best use my space????

Of course I can do a clone/veg room and 2 flowering rooms or 1 large flowering room.

I can build rooms or buy tents and keep the plants in the tent all of their life after they are

transplanted in early vegge.

What is my best bet???? If I do tents Id likely do 2 or 3... One normal size for early vegge and clone

and then one or two large tents dedicated to an entire life cycle onwards.

So what do you think?

What size rooms or what size tents and which route would you go?

I will want to put a portable AC unit in each tent or room I imagine as well as a dehumidifier.

sounds nice, i'd put 4x1000 watt hps ballast on a flip-flop type setup, 2 flower rooms or tents, 8x9', 4k HPS in each room, two 4x8 tables for ebb and flow per room(4 total), portable AC in each tent which also acts as dehumidifier, i'd have separate reservoirs for each room, 100gal size. i'd get a bunch of wall mount oscillating fans and a 12" vortex fan in each room pulling through 50lb of active carbon. very important that carbon filter. i'd use co2, go big if you're going to go big, this is not a closet type grow. vertical stadiums yield nicely but require lots of prep and configuration. i'd run lucas formula GH nutes. i'd look into a trimming machine. make it really simple for yourself to operate, focus on the basic functions of the op. being real tight.

i like tents because they are easy to tear down and build, make it easy for yourself if you're not a carpenter.

probably about 5000 to build that. could produce 8-10 pounds every 2-3 months. easy.

veg room i'd get T5 lights because they stay cool and give just enough light to root clones and keep a mother around. i also like 250 watt CMH lights for veg. good color spectrum and high lumens. cfls are a waste of time. leds are a waste of money.

best of luck.

sounds nice, i'd put 4x1000 watt hps ballast on a flip-flop type setup, 2 flower rooms or tents, 8x9', 4k HPS in each room, two 4x8 tables for ebb and flow per room(4 total), portable AC in each tent which also acts as dehumidifier, i'd have separate reservoirs for each room, 100gal size. i'd get a bunch of wall mount oscillating fans and a 12" vortex fan in each room pulling through 50lb of active carbon. very important that carbon filter. i'd use co2, go big if you're going to go big, this is not a closet type grow. vertical stadiums yield nicely but require lots of prep and configuration. i'd run lucas formula GH nutes. i'd look into a trimming machine. make it really simple for yourself to operate, focus on the basic functions of the op. being real tight.

i like tents because they are easy to tear down and build, make it easy for yourself if you're not a carpenter.

probably about 5000 to build that. could produce 8-10 pounds every 2-3 months. easy.

veg room i'd get T5 lights because they stay cool and give just enough light to root clones and keep a mother around. i also like 250 watt CMH lights for veg. good color spectrum and high lumens. cfls are a waste of time. leds are a waste of money.

best of luck.

Be sure to take the time to run adequate gauge wire for your power supply. Failure to do so could be catastrophic. 1000 w / 120 volts = 8.33 amps x 4= 33.3 amps. You should run two seperate 12 gauge circuits. Thats just barely exceeding the rule of not loading a circuit breaker more than 80 % of its rating. To be on the safe side, I would run 2-10 gauge so that you could expand lighting if necessary.

Be sure to take the time to run adequate gauge wire for your power supply. Failure to do so could be catastrophic. 1000 w / 120 volts = 8.33 amps x 4= 33.3 amps. You should run two seperate 12 gauge circuits. Thats just barely exceeding the rule of not loading a circuit breaker more than 80 % of its rating. To be on the safe side, I would run 2-10 gauge so that you could expand lighting if necessary.

He said he has two 30A 220V circuits.

So what do you think?

What size rooms or what size tents and which route would you go?

personally, i would grab a couple grams of my favorite meds, a pillow and blanket, and head into the grow area for the night :D

when you wake in the a.m. the answer will be clear to you.

personally, i would grab a couple grams of my favorite meds, a pillow and blanket, and head into the grow area for the night :D

when you wake in the a.m. the answer will be clear to you.

Ahhh... spoken like a true wise man ;) ..... vision in technicolor green form!!! Yepo.. sounds like a perfect place for a grow... Spend some quality time in there and plan it out well. If you need assistance you may PM me. I am a General Contractor and I have helped folks out setting up their grows all over the state. Peace, Love and Big Buds

hello i was thinking of a tent also but my basement is 7 foot high and so are the tentsohmy.gif so am going to put two wall up for my grow room they wont be 16 on center cost of 2 X 4's are not cheap lol but them tents cost to much $$

get yourself a pipe cutter and cut the all vertical tent poles by about 6", tent won't fit perfect but makes it easier to pull the cover on. have you seen the prices of tents on ebay? cheaper than your local store.

tents are awesome....check out these 2x 10'x20' Mammoth Tents, 1 veg, 1 bloom

http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=162320

Still no suggestions for what size tents would work best for me?

Ideally Id run 3 larger tents for veg and flowering.

A smaller tent to keep a couple Mommas and a cloaner.

As I said I do need to keep an open space for my sink, shelves etc.

Problem is when I grew in the past I was stuck with a small closet and had to make

do with what I had years ago, now I have a space where I can run a couple stages

at once and am sort of lost on how to utilize my space best for the long term

Still no suggestions for what size tents would work best for me?

Ideally Id run 3 larger tents for veg and flowering.

A smaller tent to keep a couple Mommas and a cloaner.

As I said I do need to keep an open space for my sink, shelves etc.

can you lock up a tent? just asking i was going to build a plastic room and then i kelped thinking how i was going to lock it up with all the Bust happeningohmy.gif if you build it they will come lol

Archived