My Run In With Leo

Patient/Law enforcement Interaction  

20 members have voted

1. 1. If you have had a knock and talk, how were you treated?

• Poorly, like a criminal
    • Descent
    • Respectfully

Just because the law forbids inspections doesn't mean you can't make a special request for one. Same with talking to LEO, you can do it as much as you like, they will listen and report your statements accurately while protecting your rights for you. Have I got that right?

NO!!!

If you are recording the statements being made, then you can guarantee their authenticity. If you let LEO document it, you will most likely find facts changed and/or omitted altogether. I videotaped both of my inspections, and had witnesses present as well. If you do allow an inspection, I strongly suggest you document it yourself and have unbiased witnesses present; meaning not family members or close friends. An inspection will show that you are operating within the boundaries of the law as much as possible at the time of the inspection, but it does not guarantee that you will not commit an illegal act in the future. But, if LEO decides to pull something on you at a later date and it is found that you have maintained your legality, your original inspection will help you immensely in a law suit. I have expanded my facility since my first inspections, and will be allowing them to make another inspection to show that I am still operating within the statutes boundaries. I intend to allow them to inspect me twice a year.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Wayne

Who are you inviting for inspections? Local police? County? State? One of the multi-jurisdictional narcotics teams? You may want to be certain they are all aware of your activities to assure they are on the same page.

Who are you inviting for inspections? Local police? County? State? One of the multi-jurisdictional narcotics teams? You may want to be certain they are all aware of your activities to assure they are on the same page.

Only local police whom have jurisdiction over your area; for me, that is County Sheriff and State police. If you live in a city zone, then City police would be another branch. All of the task forces operate under State police jurisdiction; if you notify the State police, they are the ones task forces utilize for information regarding investigation gathering and operational parameters. Task forces are made up of volunteer officers from local forces; i.e cowboys who want to have adrenaline rushes they don't get off of their regular posts. They do, of course, get paid for this and get to attend fun weekend war games as well.

Archived