I need to get some new nutes soon and was wondering if anyone has used the pH perfect line from advanced?

The advertisements make it seem pretty revolutionary (no more adjusting ph levels), and I like most of their other products, but have not talked to anyone who has used this new one that wasn't trying to sell it to me. Thanks for any info, Dan.

A.N. fertilizers are amazing for hydroponic systems. Very easy to use and very effective. I have seen quite a few of the organic line of fertilizers offered by A.N. used in many a hydroponic system. Very nice stuff.

Unfortunately I cannot offer any advice or feedback on the pH PERFECT line of fertilizers as I don't cultivate hydroponically.

If you grow in soil, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT use ANY of the A.N. fertilizers. NONE of them are designed for use in soil and will not work properly.

I need to get some new nutes soon and was wondering if anyone has used the pH perfect line from advanced?

The advertisements make it seem pretty revolutionary (no more adjusting ph levels), and I like most of their other products, but have not talked to anyone who has used this new one that wasn't trying to sell it to me. Thanks for any info, Dan.

i'm not sure that it is even for sale yet is it? they have been hyping it for 2 years now, but are obviously having problems. i have watched 10 different videos on the stuff but never seen a price or an ordering method. have you seen it for sale?? could ya please post the link?? thanks!!

THATS ALL I USE IS A-N NUTES IN SOIL NO PROBLEMS FOR ME IGUANA JUICE,WET BETTY ALSO, OVERDRIVE I CANT STRESS ENOUGH ABOUT A-N NUTES I KNOW A FEW PEOPLE THAT SWEAR BY IT IN SOIL THEY ALSO SEEM TO HAVE NO PROBLEMS,THATS THE FIRST IVE HEARD THAT ONE IM GONNA HAVE TO DO A COMPARISON,SEE IF OTHER NUTES DO ACT DIFFERNT,

i'm not sure that it is even for sale yet is it? they have been hyping it for 2 years now, but are obviously having problems. i have watched 10 different videos on the stuff but never seen a price or an ordering method. have you seen it for sale?? could ya please post the link?? thanks!!

I'm not sure, but I heard they stopped making it a few years ago! Maybe contact a sales rep from the company and see if it's still available.

THATS ALL I USE IS A-N NUTES IN SOIL NO PROBLEMS FOR ME IGUANA JUICE,WET BETTY ALSO, OVERDRIVE I CANT STRESS ENOUGH ABOUT A-N NUTES I KNOW A FEW PEOPLE THAT SWEAR BY IT IN SOIL THEY ALSO SEEM TO HAVE NO PROBLEMS,THATS THE FIRST IVE HEARD THAT ONE IM GONNA HAVE TO DO A COMPARISON,SEE IF OTHER NUTES DO ACT DIFFERNT,

http://advancednutri...ics/Support.php

- Call them or EMail them and ask if you can use ANY of thier fertilizers in a soil medium. I've done my research, have you?

Sure you can 'get away with it' by using low dosages of thier fertilizers but the fertilizers they produce are formulated for Hydroponics only. I'm sure that the plants will make use of what is available to them and indeed you are providing the right nutrients to them so they will use what they can but the problem is the way the fertilizers are formulated. They are formulated for hydroponic type nutrient availability, which is quite different from soil nutrient availability. You run the risk of causing many issues in your garden by using a hydroponic formula in a soil medium including salt build ups, pH fluctuations, complete nutrient lock, and in some cases even osmotic shock...

Will they work in a soil medium? Yes and no... Yes the right nutrients are there that the plant needs. Yes the roots will make use of SOME of it, but not all of it. So essentially you're effectively wasting your money. In a soil medium plants will NOT make total efficient use of the hydroponically formulated fertilizers... It's like this, you place a plastic bag full of apples in a horse pen. Sure the horse will eat the apples, all of them most likely, if it can get through the plastic... Therein lies the problem, you see. It's getting the nutrients to become available to the roots that becomes the problem with hydroponically formulated nutrients in a soil medium.

You have to understand that a hydroponic formula is much different than one that is suited for soil. This is because in a hydroponic medium the nutrients have to be "forced" into the roots because there are no bacteria and fungi in an tub of water (there are, but not the same as in a soil medium). So the fertilizer has to be formulated for delivery of nutrients in a completely hydrated situation. Thus it must contain different chemicals and chelating agents to make sure all the nutrients are available to the roots.

In a soil medium bacterias and fungi break down the fertilizers and nutrients in the soil and make them available to the plants naturally, as it would happen in nature. Also, in a soil medium there are times when the soil will dry up a little. This causes BIG problems with hydroponic fertilizers. Hydro formulas are meant to be used in a tub of water, they are never meant to dry up, at all. If they do what happens is they leave behind salts and other residues that can cause big problems with nutrient uptake as it changes the chemical and ionic compound in the soil.

Yes, there are fertilizers that are formulated and safe for both and yes the basic nutrient uptake process is the same no matter what medium you use. The differences are how the nutrients are made available to the plants roots. In that mannar hydroponic formulas, like the ones A.N. produces are drastically different from other more flexible formulas.

ALSO, a lot of times hydroponically formulated fertilizers contain A LOT more than is necessary for a soil medium. This is because in a hydroponic situation, your medium, water, does not contain ANY nutrients the plants can utilize. Thus, hydroponic fertilizers are more concentrated and formulated to compensate for this. You literally have to provide EVERYTHING to your plants MANUALLY in hydroponics. You have to remember that in a soil medium the soil already contains many, if not all of the nutrients the plant needs by itsself. Now if you blast it with a ton of nutrients from a hydro formula, you're going to kill the plant very quickly...

Do some research, look into it a little more, you'll find yourself not wanting to use hydroponically formulated stuff in soil, I gaurantee it! Not only that, but you'll get FAR better results if you grow in soil THE RIGHT WAY...

At any rate, Delta9Dan, here is a PDF file containing A LOT of information about A.N. There is a 3-4 page section on page 7, I believe, about the "University Developed" pH PERFECT fertilizers. - http://advancednutri...stemMagalog.pdf

Best of luck to you.

i got a little excited when i originally saw this thread pop up, as it has been a couple months since i have thought about the PhPerfect thing. time to resolve the matter to the back of my head for another couple months. i first heard about the PhPerfect miracle around christmas '08 and still have not seen a formula, a price, i have not seen a bottle, i have no idea what the label looks like.........

either somebody got too excited and started promoting the product before it was tested/licensed/registered and deemed salable, or its all just been a huge advertisement scheme to get folks like me to hop on an A.N. website every now and then to see what's up.

i'm sure it's the former, or something similar........... either way, it sure has been a tease for a couple years..... the thought of having a perfect ph reading all day everyday without effort is pretty amazing

Im not so sold on advanced yet.

First off.. I purcase their stuff from the store, but its NOT the ph perfect stuff at all, its old stock. Well at week 2 they change their whole feeding chart and it mixes to 3 times what they say in ppm/ec. Also the PH is all over the board, starts at 5.6, then jumps to 6.8, so i back it down to 5.6 (and if i dont do this it stays at 6.8), and then it decides to creep down to 4.2 overnight. Then you are constantly fighting it back up.

For the record i am growing Hindu Kush which blooms in 55 days and shows bloom in 7. This run with advanced it took 14 days to show bloom, and its not progressing any quicker. I am using:

SEnsi A+B

B-52

Voodoo Juice

Kushie Kush

Bud Candy

Pirahna

I'm a firm believer in their amino acid research, but their nutes are just too expensive to perform this poorly.

i called AN and asked if you could use there stuff in soil and i was told i could,i also asked if i could use it in a soilless media and was told i could,they sent me a feeding schedule for both..i rec'd these nurts in a kit from HTGSupply and have opened them but never used them,i'm quite happy with fox farm,if anyone whats to buy the advance nurts from me let me know maybe we can work out a deal...zb

i called AN and asked if you could use there stuff in soil and i was told i could,i also asked if i could use it in a soilless media and was told i could,they sent me a feeding schedule for both..i rec'd these nurts in a kit from HTGSupply and have opened them but never used them,i'm quite happy with fox farm,if anyone whats to buy the advance nurts from me let me know maybe we can work out a deal...zb

I find this VERY hard to believe. Especially considering the only thing available on thier homepage is a hydroponic nutrient calculator. There are no feeding schedulers available on thier homepage.

Not to mention when I called I was not offered anything like that. They didn't even ask for my Email address. AND I was re-educated on the differences between hydroponic gardening and soil gardening and the differences in the fertilizers that are made for both.

May we see both of these feeding charts?

I find this VERY hard to believe. Especially considering the only thing available on thier homepage is a hydroponic nutrient calculator. There are no feeding schedulers available on thier homepage.

Not to mention when I called I was not offered anything like that. They didn't even ask for my Email address. AND I was re-educated on the differences between hydroponic gardening and soil gardening and the differences in the fertilizers that are made for both.

May we see both of these feeding charts?

hey, I got what the advaced rep called a feeding schedule for every product they sell... This was the same man who was trying to sell me on the ph perfect. Actually there is an advertisement on the schedule for ph perfect, although no feeding info for the product. Funny. The chart is just a breakdown of different growing abilities(hobbyist to grand master) and what you should use and when. All feeding seems to be the same mixture level... Kinda crazy

I will try to send you a copy tomorrow or post the copy on here when Im not at my laptop.

P.S. There is no mention on this chart about soil vs. hydro so I'm thinking this is just the hydro chart.

Archived