Greenhouse Growing

Thumper

I have a 20 ft wide by 50 ft long Greenhouse(double layer inflated plastic covered with wood end walls) on my property that I would like to grow Medical Marijuana in. It has Electricity, a furnace, Fans, an overhead drip watering system with fertilizer injector (could easily be lowered to ground level.

My thoughts are:

1)Fence the facility and perhaps use razor wire - could top the fence with it and place some on the ground inside the fence (where can you puchase razor wire?).

2)Fence would need to be buried or a cement "rat" wall poured in the ground to discourage tunneling under the fence.

3)If Public view is an issue pricay fence strategically place could alleviate view when side are rolled up for ventilation. The greenhouse location is 250 ft off the road and behind a pole barn so public view is very minimal already.

4) perhaps double fencing would be needed - but I am not sure what good that would do since it would provide support for bridging the fence with boards or a ladder to break in.

I know I could grow successfully in the greenhouse. I imagine I would need light in winter to provide enough light.

DO YOU THINK I COULD GROW AS MUCH VOLUME AS IN GROW ROOMS??? I AM TRYING TO USE WHAT I HAVE AND AVOID THE EXP[ENSE OF BUILDING A GROW ROOM AND THE EXPENSE OF ALL THE HYDROPONICS EQUIPMENT.....???

HIT ME UP WITH YOUR COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS...

I could provide picture that I have on my computer but don't know how to url them???

I would think it should be fenced on the top also to satisfy the "enclosed" part of the law. A cage.

If you can manage to hook up an automatic timed motorized cover you could have the best flowering lamp money can't buy - the sun. Keep the vegging ones uncovered and do it perpetually, moving them from veg to flower whenever you like.

I believe it was Kingpinn who had a dog kennel in his yard with some black plastic around the sides and no top. Although he would have to elaborate more, just reading through some of the document wording he posted, it didn't sound like the kennel was an issue except for someone seeing what was inside and calling in the fuzz.

3)If Public view is an issue pricay fence strategically place could alleviate view when side are rolled up for ventilation. The greenhouse location is 250 ft off the road and behind a pole barn so public view is very minimal already.

public view means from the sky too "@ss holes" but as long as it is frosted (YOU CANT SEE THE MARY JANE THRU IT) you should be fine as for the razor wire and double fence pourd floor i wouldnt bother (DRAWS TOO MUCH ATTN. "WHATS IN THERE NEEDING ALL THAT PROTECTION") put a lock on the front door and it becomes an enclosed locked facility and your good still worryed got balls go ask the prosicuting attrny in your district to see if they will allow or if they are gonna mess with u or hire an attrny and JUST DO IT lol

• 1 month later...

I have spoken with several of those in the dispensary business and all of them have contacted the local police department for guidance. I would consult with a local lawyer and contact the local LEO and the local (city) prosecutor and definitely get it in writing if you are concerned.

There have been cases where open marijuana is classified as a public nuisance and shut down but I don't think the patient was prosecuted.

The law says locked, enclosed facility. Fence=locked. Not sure what = enclosed!

Archived