120 Days On The Dot

I know that there is a topic dedicated to this but I just thought that it was interesting that my card arrived 120 days exactly. Hopefully everybody can count on this number but who knows. Six employees for a thousand new apps a week at a hundred bucks a pop. The workers must make six figure salaries haha.

Gloomy day but a good day, I received my card, potted four tomato and two pepper plants using my soil from the last run to recycle it. How weird that a small plastic card takes so much stress off your shoulders. Thanks

Hey Zombiefryd check your mail, it has to be coming any day now. It was awesome to open my mailbox and see the Confidential envelope with the MDCH MMMP initials on it. I held it in the air and shook it. My neighbors must have thought it was a lottery check or something. But its almost just as good to me. Hope you get your card today.

aaa-1.jpg

To those of you receiving your Cards ...

I surely don't miss walking out to the mailbox

everyday , Only to be dissappointed that my card

was'nt there yet ....

I still have not forgot the day it came , After 108 days

of waiting and waiting , It finially came !

It was like 100 pounds of weight lifted off my shoulders ...

It's getting longer and longer wait time ...

Not sure how fast the renewals are taking ?

God willingly MDCH will get their chit together soon ?

It is totally unacceptable to have to wait this long to

get your card ...

Anyways... Congradulations to those who have received their cards

and to those still waiting : Hang in there and protect yourself Always ...

Hey Zombiefryd check your mail, it has to be coming any day now. It was awesome to open my mailbox and see the Confidential envelope with the MDCH MMMP initials on it. I held it in the air and shook it. My neighbors must have thought it was a lottery check or something. But its almost just as good to me. Hope you get your card today.

LOL. I have not been checking the mail at all, my wife does that, but when I take my boy out to the bus I will walk over and give a little peek see. Hope it will be there waiting on me...

Tarzan

Some people have posted that some renewals are taking as little as 20 days if I remember. Some have waited 50 days, and others longer, I think.

EDIT: No card in the mail... :(

Aren't you considered "legal" after they have cashed your check and you have a copy to prove it?

Regarding the LAW, yes, you are legal. Regarding the people enforcing the law, no...lol I have read of a few people get told by LEO and a judge that if they didnt have there card then they would get charged.

But how can they do that when it's in plain black and white text in the law books? Pretty simple to see and even easier to find because it's not lost in a jumble of bs. I just don't see how they can get away with it.

How they can get away with it is, they cant get your registry number off of any of the paperwork that you took copys of.

But that's not our fault - it's the failure of the state to be able to provide the cards within 20 days. Seems to me that it would be up to them to figure out a new way to work it.

We have copies of our applications, a registered mail receipt, and soon we'll have a copy of the returned check in a folder. That should say pretty plainly that we've mailed in our applications and that they've been approved.

Are people who have all this documentation still having issues with cops wanting to beat them down, steal their cars and take away their kids? I'd love to be able to rush into their homes while their guzzling their poison on their day off and terrorize them a bit. See how they like it. Not very nice of them to be such bullies. I know they're doing a job that's risky at times, but if they've done everything they should do before kicking someone's door in then they should damned well be able to tell a patient from an armed thug who would deserve such treatment.

But that's not our fault - it's the failure of the state to be able to provide the cards within 20 days. Seems to me that it would be up to them to figure out a new way to work it.

We have copies of our applications, a registered mail receipt, and soon we'll have a copy of the returned check in a folder. That should say pretty plainly that we've mailed in our applications and that they've been approved.

Are people who have all this documentation still having issues with cops wanting to beat them down, steal their cars and take away their kids? I'd love to be able to rush into their homes while their guzzling their poison on their day off and terrorize them a bit. See how they like it. Not very nice of them to be such bullies. I know they're doing a job that's risky at times, but if they've done everything they should do before kicking someone's door in then they should damned well be able to tell a patient from an armed thug who would deserve such treatment.

Yes, I have herd of a few different judges telling patients that they will give them 1 month to produce there card. I herd of a few cases that have been dismissed in court but the LEO side (I think) is still pushing for an appeal or some crap like that.

I got one question, you do have proof that you were accepted in the MMMP?

Well hopefully they cashed my money order too. I had to fill out a form at the post office to put a trace on the money order I sent them back in March. They said it could take sixty days, but on the paperwork, the form itself says 5-7 days for a trace and sixty days after you purchased it you can have the trace done and get your money back if it hasn't been cashed. I don't want any money back, although they shouldn't charge you for a full year if you have to wait 1/4 of it for your card. Seems to me they should send you a check for 25 bucks if they made you wait 120 days. But that's just my opinion, as silly as I am. I should have a hard copy of my cashed money order by the end of the week, providing they cashed it back in March. Nothing I am reading in the act talks about the actual cashing of the check/money order. Just says after so many days after submission you are deemed legal and your paperwork is your valid registry card until your hard card arrives. I just wish, and pray that MDCH would send you either a denial letter or a letter saying yeah, your approved here is your temp/permanent registry number to add to your paperwork for legal reasons. Would sure make this a lot less stressful. But again, silly me and my opinions.

----Nemo

OK, they cashed your check, they cash EVERYBODYS check. Even people that get denied.

As I understand the law, you are legal as long as they have cashed your check, it has been 20 days and you have your signed, dated paperwork and have NOT received a denial.

OK, they cashed your check, they cash EVERYBODYS check. Even people that get denied.

Are you sure about that?

I have heard from an atty, 2 compassion club leaders and some others they do not cash the check

if you are denied and that is why it is so important to some of the Disps that you have the cashed check

Are you sure about that?

I have heard from an atty, 2 compassion club leaders and some others they do not cash the check

if you are denied and that is why it is so important to some of the Disps that you have the cashed check

Actually yes, I am sure, they sent my friend a letter saying that some of his info was wrong, that was after his check was cashed. He re-submitted his paperwork, and never herd back from them.

THIS IS ON THE APPLICATION!!!

If determined incomplete, your application will be denied and you will receive a certified letter from the State of Michigan. You can then resubmit a copy of your application with all required documents for reconsideration without an additional fee (unless you were denied for an insufficient fee) for up to one year from receipt of your denied application.

So your telling me that they would keep your money for a year, without cashing it...

Hmm that is interesting.

Goes against what others who should be in the know say BUT no one really knows anything I guess when it comes down to it till its tested and specified in the law.

Glad someone was here to state experience otherwise....

Either way I am 81 days in (just counted for the first time haha)

so I have at least another 40 to go it would seem and that is best case I think.

Archived