Family Living In Fear

Living in fear

I was informed before the DARE program came to my child’s school that the officer teaching was very well informed and know all about medical marijuana.

Today after the program I had my child read me her report on the DARE program.

Here are some high lights from it.

1) Marijuana IS illegal in the USA.

2) Marijuana causes brain damage to short term memory.

Now folks my kid is no silly billy. She has a 4.0 g.p.a.. All A’s on the report card, never misses church (2x’s a week) is well liked by everyone she meets. She has also been taught the truth about MM.

So as she read her report she looked at me and stated after each stupid comment that she knew the truth.

So why would a well adjusted , intelligent child make statements on a report she knew to be false?

One word …FEAR.

Fear that if she spoke her mind she would get in trouble or bring trouble to our family.

If a heart can be broke mine just was.

I have been outspoken on MM for quite some time, but I too have had some fear about “making waves close to home”.

So now I see by allowing myself to fear I have allowed fear to enter my child’s life.

No more. I have called the officer teaching the program and I have offered to educate him on MM.

Will LEO now come after me and my family? I don’t know. Maybe, but if I allow them to teach misinformation to our youth ..our youth will grow up and teach more misinformation. It would be a never ending cycle of lies.

The danger to my family is clear and present, but the danger of doing nothing is just as great if not greater.

Here and now I make my stand.

If any harm comes to this family the public will know why.

John Wells

Oh John I am so sorry this has happened. There are so many times I've had similar instances of hearing misinformation from people but I am so afraid to speak up. I carry this fear throughout my life, not only with MM, but fear of expressing opinions and facts that are contraversial. I am in tears.

Sb

Guest Wayne

John is your child a minor? Were you provided information regarding this program being offered at your child's school? Did they provide opportunity to decline your child's participation? If not they violated your parental rights and you need to seek cousel.

Those that live in fear deserve neither freedom or liberty. Millions have died defending these rights. I will proudly join them if necessary.

The statement that "Marijuana causes brain damage to short term memory" associates two different issues that are really not associated in any way whatsoever. If the word "brain" was left out, the statement that "marijuana causes damage to short term memory" would not be far from the truth. But it would be far more accurate to say that scientific research has demonstrated that, during marijuana intoxication, low level memory loss is indeed a potential risk hazard; however, there is no risk at all for long term, permanent loss of memory that results from the use of marijuana, even when used in heavy amounts.

Regarding the question of brain damage, which is a completely separate issue, the preponderance of the research evidence suggests that the risk factor is practically nonexistent for adult light and moderate users. The research is less clear about adult very heavy long term users, and more research needs to be done. Even so, at this time, the risk for clearly-defined, permanent brain damage also seems to be very low for chronic users.

However, the risk factor for brain damage regarding teens is far different. I am not aware of significant research results from examations of the brains of teenagers who used marijuana, but the general consensus is that teens are far more vulnerable to physical and mental hazards from use of marijuana than adults. Their brains are still under development. The advice commonly given by experts in the field is that the use of marijuana by teens should be strongly discouraged.

During my research on medical marijuana, I found that not only are opponents of mmj often misinformed about it, but I also found that many advocates of medical marijuana hold various erroneous ideas about it. Most advocates are not nearly as familiar with the science of marijuana as would befit those who proclaim its benefits the loudest. Marijuana has lots of benefits. And it also has lots of various potential risks. Advocates of mmj should always keep these two together. The benefits should always be talked about in association with various potential hazards, BECAUSE IT CLEARLY HAS THESE TOO.

Kurt

I agree Mj has risks, however, everything people compare it to has much more and are much more toxic. Like any substance that may have some benefits, it must be used with care. I'm no scholar, just a very observant person who's been around it enough to know. Another point that may or may not be relevant to this discussion is, no one's ever died from cannabis.

Sincerely, Sb

John is your child a minor? Were you provided information regarding this program being offered at your child's school? Did they provide opportunity to decline your child's participation? If not they violated your parental rights and you need to seek cousel.

Those that live in fear deserve neither freedom or liberty. Millions have died defending these rights. I will proudly join them if necessary.

I believe I was led to believe the subject would come up mostly by common sense, they did however offer to allow me to decline. Which in its self would single out a child. So basically I am dammed if I do and dammed if I don’t. I take the high ground. I will defend my right to speak my mind when my child is as I see it "at risk" of being dumbed down and misinformed and I will defend to my death the right of others to do the same.

I don’t need my government in my healthcare choices or in the modeling of my child’s mind. If you cant tell it how it really is then don’t say it at all.

Sorry for the rant Wayne I got a little off track, but no I don’t think they violated my rights only my faith in them doing the right think.

Oh John I am so sorry this has happened. There are so many times I've had similar instances of hearing misinformation from people but I am so afraid to speak up. I carry this fear throughout my life, not only with MM, but fear of expressing opinions and facts that are contraversial. I am in tears.

Sb

Fear not my friend I will speak for you and others without a voice. I will march for those unable to do so. I will stand for those who cannot. It will be the load I bare, but its not heavy because you are all my brothers and sisters. We all support and help in our own way. So the load that seemed to much to bare is laid upon the backs of many and shared. Unite

The law thankfully protects you and your family John. If they should screw with you or your family, our entire movement would take it very personally. We are all with you John, and so are most of the people of Michigan. MMJ users or not. I'll take your back brother. Joe

This was very evident by the recent CC meeting in Atlanta. The people are pulling together as one. Each group, club, and person is acting as a spoke inside a wheel. All supporting the integrity of the wheel. All keeping the wheel on track. This is a good group it just needs a little alignment to help it stay on track with what the people want. I thank everyone for the support. This is true compassion. Unity

I agree Mj has risks, however, everything people compare it to has much more and are much more toxic. Like any substance that may have some benefits, it must be used with care. I'm no scholar, just a very observant person who's been around it enough to know. Another point that may or may not be relevant to this discussion is, no one's ever died from cannabis.

Sincerely, Sb

I agree with you and Joe. Almost every single thing we do involves some level of risk. We are always searching for the safest way to move forward. We take a risk in taking the next breath. But we do it anyway. Maybe its just my spiritual side, but it (MM)was put here for a reason. And is much safer than most of the crap we are being fed today. Again I can make my own health care choices.

Please keep us posted on any developments. I sincerely hope that just because you're trying to educate people that they don't hassle you. Be prepared with legal help if you can. I'm glad I'm not raising children today. They're so pressured, my childhood was bad enough. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Sincerely, Sb

Please keep us posted on any developments. I sincerely hope that just because you're trying to educate people that they don't hassle you. Be prepared with legal help if you can. I'm glad I'm not raising children today. They're so pressured, my childhood was bad enough. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Sincerely, Sb

I thank you

• 2 weeks later...

My childs school has written notification that whenever a DARE program, drug awareness class, etc is being conducted she is NOT to attend, and is to be allowed to go to the library and study facts and true information. I've already informed her of the truth regarding all drugs; their propaganda is not needed.

Wow, i'm sorry that happened. Your daughter didn't know better. The DARE program can only lie and misinform people for so long. Then, like most of us, will learn the truth as they get older. DARE shouldn't focus to much on Marijuana as opposed to Herion, Cocaine, Meth, etc.

Wow, i'm sorry that happened. Your daughter didn't know better. The DARE program can only lie and misinform people for so long. Then, like most of us, will learn the truth as they get older. DARE shouldn't focus to much on Marijuana as opposed to Herion, Cocaine, Meth, etc.

She knew better but told me she was scared to tell the truth because that was not what they had been teaching. I have now dropped off a bundle of information to the dept. Most likely a waste of ink, but remember DARE is funded by the public. The people give and the people can take away. Thanks John

• 4 weeks later...

Its so Great to get your life put on hold for this noble cause. 15 months and not to appeals court yet. Maybe i will live to 100 and be able to learn how to enjoy my life again. Love this new Marijuana Law so much grey a caveman cant read it. Maybe the 14 years million dollar fine would be better in the long term. At least the flippin thing be over

Wow! I'm so sorry to hear you have to go through this. My son who has used since middle school with a 4.5 grade average carried until the day he graduated was not affected in the least bit, memory or otherwise. Unfortunately when my granddaughter went through the DARE program MM it was still illegal and my son had no choice but to educate her on a few facts and yes she had to say no there is nothing in my house that looks like or smells like that. I just don't see the harm in marijuana, period! When will these self righteous people get a clue. When was the last time someone died from an overdose of marijuana???? Not one human case to date! This is the biggest reason I stay involved in politics. I can only influence people on a local level right now but its a start.

Dizz

I have not heard from them on changing the program, but they did drive 80 miles to pick up my son on a 3 year old MIP ticket for $152.00 lol.

He got it and never paid because evertime we asked the court they would say they had no record of it. Then he got questioned while hanging out at a store (his mom works for the chain) and they found this outstanding fine. So they call the other county and were told to hold him they would be right there. <_<

Well he was back out it 3 days.

This kind of crap goes on up here all the time.

• 4 weeks later...

The law thankfully protects you and your family John. If they should screw with you or your family, our entire movement would take it very personally. We are all with you John, and so are most of the people of Michigan. MMJ users or not. I'll take your back brother. Joe

ah, i'm a little confused here. the law protects who exactly? some clarification would be appreciated.

Archived