The Truth And Facts About Medical Marijuana

This is taken from something that I wrote and had published. After writing this and having it published, the reporter called to tell me, that after several people in her office read it, they started to view Marijuana differently-not realizing that it really treats these conditions or how.

Educating people on the truly remarkable difference's Marijuana has in effectively treating these conditions, is I believe the only way to get rid of the stigmatism that has long followed it. Alyscia Kenewell ccc

The Truths and Facts About Medical Marijuana

The unique biochemistry of Medical Marijuana makes it a very safe and effective treatment for a number of severe and debilitating conditions. Although it may have a stigma of being the “gateway” to drug addiction and the use of harder drugs, in actuality it is often used as a method to break drug addiction. Marijuana is non-toxic and you cannot die or overdose nor can you become highly addicted to it, which makes it a safe alternative to prescription pain medicine such as vicodin or oxycontrin.

Written references to the use of marijuana as a medicine date back nearly 5,000 years. Western medicine embraced marijuana's medical properties in the mid-1800s, and by the beginning of the 20th century, physicians had published more than 100 papers in the Western medical literature recommending its use for a variety of disorders. Cannabis remained in the United States pharmacopoeia until 1941, removed only after Congress passed the Marijuana Tax Act which severely hampered physicians from prescribing it. The American Medical Association (AMA) was one of the most vocal organizations to testify against the ban, arguing that it would deprive patients of a past, present and future medicine.

Modern research suggests that cannabis is a valuable aid in the treatment of a wide range of conditions which would include:

- Neuropathic pain (pain from nerve damage).

- Nausea and vomiting induced from chemotherapy treatment in cancer patients

- Glaucoma -intraocular pressure in patients with primary open-angle glaucoma.

- Fibromyalgia discomfort

- Crohn’s Disease

- ALS (Lou Gherigs Disease)

- Seizures or Epilepsy

- Alzheimers Disease.

Treatment in Alzheimers. The key ingredient in marijuana could be considerably better at suppressing the abnormal clumping of malformed proteins that is a hallmark of Alzheimers than any other currently approved drugs prescribed for the treatment of the disease. Marijuana therapy is also effective in reducing agitation in patients with Alzheimers.

Marijuana is also a powerful appetite stimulant, specifically for patients suffering from HIV, the AIDS wasting syndrome, or dementia.

Emerging research suggests that marijuana's medicinal properties may protect the body against some types of malignant tumors and are neuroprotective.

Organizations that have endorsed medical access to marijuana include:The Institue of Medicine; The American Academy of Family Physicians; American Bar Association; American Nurses Association; American Public Health Association; Lymphoma Foundation of America just to name a few.

Under Michigan law, physicians are allowed to authorize patients to grow their own marijuana plants or choose a caregiver to grow the plants for them. There are certain steps for a patient to follow to see if they qualify for the Michigan Medical Marijuana Program (MMMP). Once a patient is approved and registered they will be issued a patient ID card from the Michigan Dept. of Community Health. This card acts as a license to use and possess marijuana. The card is good for 1 year.

It is a very good letter. if so many medical orginizations recomend mm . than why are not more dr.s writing recomdations?

Peace!

Jim,

WHAT A GREAT QUESTION!! With all of the science behind it, and many Medical organizations supporting it, we wonder the same thing and are hopeful that will change. The only answer we have is int to many ways it has gotten a bad rap so to speak and many are afraid to get on board. One reporter who aired a positive story on Medical Marijuana quoted the movie refer madness, as being just one of the things that sent the wrong message.

We are trying to change that,by making people aware of the facts. Medical Marijuana has not only changed people's lives who suffer, but maybe in some case's saved them by allowing them to get off so many of the more harmful pain killers.

We have not forgotten how YOU treated us Compassion Club representatives at Dr. Bob's clinics. I think a public apology at the least is in order.

Ultrafishboy-

Nor have we forgotten........

You and some other's came on these forum's and said many false and negative things about me and Dr. Bob ( my husband) and I never came on to defended myself- nor did he for that matter aside from asking that you stop. You all owe him and me an apology- you took one of the most compassionate caring DR's involved in Medical Marijuana, a man who fights every day to educate people on Marijuana, and bring public support, and slammed him- and me as well all for what?

All because we had many patient's who were scared and skeptical and did not want to be approached by you and your compassion club member's, they wanted their privacy, so you were asked to leave.

I will not apologize for that, some people struggle with other's knowing they are a patient, and privacy matter's to them-so as much as we support the compassion clubs and all they do-the patient's in situation's like that come first and alway's will.

You never asked our reasons, you assumed and in my opinion you and the other's owe him and I the apology.

You come crawling back in here and expect us to welcome you with open arms when you were unnecessarily rude and unprofessional? Dr. Bob's clinic made mega-bucks off this community. You might rethink your demands. Take it somewhere else. You don't support compassion clubs. Money.

You come crawling back in here and expect us to welcome you with open arms when you were unnecessarily rude and unprofessional? Dr. Bob's clinic made mega-bucks off this community. You might rethink your demands. Take it somewhere else. You don't support compassion clubs. Money.

Enough is Enough. For one I was never in here before- so come crawling back in, I beg your pardon!! For two- who is we (you) you don't know me or my husband for that matter- Who are you to tell me what I do or don't support you think I was rude or unprofessional-and I think you were and are OUT OF LINE. as a Dr. it is Bob's responsibility to honor DR patient confidentiality, and if that means some are uncomfortable enough in traveling clinic's and don't want to be approached by you-or your club member's we have to honor that. And here you come grumbling about that once again month's later= WHAT are you trying to accomplish?

I am here posting positive things and trying to be positive, and I never brought up the past nor did I join in your negativity back then- so I will not take your insults. And I would ask that you take it somewhere else! If you have a positive contribution by all means make it, and if not then like I said you take it somewhere else!!! I will not keep or join in negative dialouge on this forum- and shame on you for attemptint to start it- or feeling you have the right to sit in judgement of me or my husband. PEACE!

Enough is Enough. For one I was never in here before- so come crawling back in, I beg your pardon!! For two- who is we (you) you don't know me or my husband for that matter- Who are you to tell me what I do or don't support you think I was rude or unprofessional-and I think you were and are OUT OF LINE. as a Dr. it is Bob's responsibility to honor DR patient confidentiality, and if that means some are uncomfortable enough in traveling clinic's and don't want to be approached by you-or your club member's we have to honor that. And here you come grumbling about that once again month's later= WHAT are you trying to accomplish?

I am here posting positive things and trying to be positive, and I never brought up the past nor did I join in your negativity back then- so I will not take your insults. And I would ask that you take it somewhere else! If you have a positive contribution by all means make it, and if not then like I said you take it somewhere else!!! I will not keep or join in negative dialouge on this forum- and shame on you for attemptint to start it- or feeling you have the right to sit in judgement of me or my husband. PEACE!

They should have got permission before way laying unsuspecting patients at the clinic.

ultrafishboy is out of his mind thinking that is okay.

We (Compassion Clubs) did have Dr. Kenewell's permission. He, in fact, encouraged us to attend.

You did not have his permission to attend or to approach patients, you were not encouraged to attend, we had no idea you would be there. You know this but if trying to convince other's differently is what you feel you need to do then go ahead.

Guest Marywanna

As a pt,I would have been PISSED OFF if I was approached by some CC and pressured into signing a CG at the Clinic. This AIN'T California. You attack the guy who is sticking his neck and his career out there to help MMJ pts. You are the one that should apologise. Bob Kenewell has more guts than any of the coward Drs. out there. And I wish I would have met his wife when I was there the other day. Aren't you the tough guy,jumping all over her.People DO know the truth,and you aren't telling it,ultrafishboy.

Our presence had nothing to do with signing up caregivers. It was about helping/assisting patients with information only and Dr. Bob knew that.

In fact, I never approached a patient. Dr. Kenewell brought them over and introduced them to me.

And, the only neck-sticking out that Dr. Kenewell should have a concern about was associating with Sonny/Rev. Wayne.

Marywanna, you weren't there - you don't know the truth.

Our presence had nothing to do with signing up caregivers. It was about helping/assisting patients with information only and Dr. Bob knew that.

In fact, I never approached a patient. Dr. Kenewell brought them over and introduced them to me.

And, the only neck-sticking out that Dr. Kenewell should have a concern about was associating with Sonny/Rev. Wayne.

Marywanna, you weren't there - you don't know the truth.

I will ask one more time- unless you have a positive contribution,get off this topic!! And don't speak of Bob ( Dr. Kenewell) as if he agreed with you- supports the resistance you gave him or I when asked to leave after approaching the patient's that did not wish to be approached, or your false ramblings here in the past or now. Speak the truth or BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY.

It's a shame that you calling yourself a compassion member, key word there compassionate are still on here saying these things, is there a more productive way you could spend your time, why not put your effort's into trying to bring a change- eliminate the negativity, show this community and the public that view this site a positive image of the mmma or is your ego so large you feel inclined to be right, convince other's of that, and just continue on and on and on......when does your BS end?

I will ask one more time- unless you have a positive contribution,get off this topic!! And don't speak of Bob ( Dr. Kenewell) as if he agreed with you- supports the resistance you gave him or I when asked to leave after approaching the patient's that did not wish to be approached, or your false ramblings here in the past or now. Speak the truth or BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY.

It's a shame that you calling yourself a compassion member, key word there compassionate are still on here saying these things, is there a more productive way you could spend your time, why not put your effort's into trying to bring a change- eliminate the negativity, show this community and the public that view this site a positive image of the mmma or is your ego so large you feel inclined to be right, convince other's of that, and just continue on and on and on......when does your BS end?

I think you both should show class and drop it, but thats not likely to happen. It takes two to argue, neither one of you are looking good right now.

I think you both should show class and drop it, but thats not likely to happen. It takes two to argue, neither one of you are looking good right now.

You are right, letting it get to me was wrong. So much was said by these people and it is frustrating all this time later he will keep this going or bring it up. I really am here to keep it positive, so thank you for the reminder that I should just ignore it, you are right.

You are right, letting it get to me was wrong. So much was said by these people and it is frustrating all this time later he will keep this going or bring it up. I really am here to keep it positive, so thank you for the reminder that I should just ignore it, you are right.

Im sorry that you and your husbands name was spoken badly about, but when you respond to this other guy it just gives him more ammo to troll on. We dont need any more trolls, dont feed him lol !

My Question to you " ultrafishboy " :

Why you felt the need to come on someone

Postive Post and Bring up the Past ?

Just to start Chit ?

This is why So Many people have left MMMA

is becuase people like you bring up the past

and starting trouble ....

We Don't need it ... and i won't stand for it ... Period !

Take a look people rating you ...

It's obvious they don't want to hear it either ....

I have known Doctor Kenewell & Alyscia

for along time and are Very Compassionate

and have done more for me then my own personal

doctor , that i have been seeing for years ...

My Sincere Applogy to Dr. Kenewell for not seeing this sooner

Archived