Personal Experiences

Medical Marijuana has been known for its healing properties for thousands of years. It comes from a plant known as Cannabis. This plant has helped many who suffer severe pain, among other problems. Since using MM, thousands of patients have seen amazing results, which have helped improve the quality of their lives. Not only that, but many were able to quit some very addictive and toxic prescription drugs. Of all the medications people use, Marijuana may be the least toxic. No one has ever died from Marijuana. Medical researchers are compiling evidence that supports its medicinal value. It's time to acknowledge Medical Mj and consider that, if thousands of people have positive results from it, there may be something to it. Like any medicine, it's not for everyone. Every day, more people are changing their views on this subject. Though they may not use it themselves, they have voted for it and supported those who choose this as the medicine that's right for their conditions.

The stories presented here are from those who use Marijuana legally.

I met my wife in the early 90's at an Ohio college. She had epilepsy and smoked pot. There were no medical laws at this time...... she just had epilepsy and smoked pot. Shortly after our graduation, California passed Prop 215 and we caught the next thing headed that way. She was a smoker, I wanted to grow, we were young and dumb....... and hey, it's California right? So we got there, she applied for a patient card and we started cultivating.

When we found out shortly after that we were pregnant, she stopped EVERYTHING cold turkey. Cigarettes, the occasional beer, and yes even the cannabis smoking. We were in to see the doctor and started on all the vitamins and regular appointments and stuff very early in the pregnancy. By the third month, she was having a REAL rough go of it. Morning sickness became a 24/7 plague. She couldn't keep ANYTHING down. Saltine crackers and water would be on a 5 minute time limit in her stomach.

IT GOT REAL BAD

By the middle of month 4 she had been hospitalized twice for dehydration. Not totally uncommon I understand, but when it is your girlfriend and your baby, that doesn't matter. We tried every medication on Earth. And then one day, after taking 3 bites of lunch and vomiting them back up minutes later, she had a breakdown. She was a frail bundle of nerves and all I could think about was the baby inside her, and the possibility of her seizing while pregnant and in this poor physical condition. Against her wishes, best judgment, and motherly instincts, she finally gave in to my begging and smoked a joint. I just wanted to see her calm and relaxed for once after 2 months of hell. Well, my wish came true. Of course the effects of marijuana are instant, and within minutes she was smiling and feeling somewhat better. Yes, her papers say that Medical Marijuana will help ease the effects of her epilepsy, but I also knew that it helps a lot of people with nauseousness and had been pleading with her for a few weeks to give it a shot, but the "mother inside her" feared harming the baby. So anyways, we giggle for a bit and she decides she has "the munchies".

In the next 30 minutes, she prepared and devoured an entire large pepperoni pizza AND held it down. From then on, she smoked nearly every other day until delivery. The remainder of her pregnancy was a storybook of health and perfection. She was in labor for only 7 hours, and our first daughter was born 100% healthy at 7lbs 5oz.

Thank God, 13 years later, I have a cheer leading, track running, honor roll achieving, and in my opinion, "Most Beautiful Daughter on Earth" award winning kid for my child.......

........THANK YOU MEDICAL MARIJUANA.

I am not implying that the ingestion of ANY substance other than food is healthy during pregnancy. Our situation was extreme, and I honestly believe in my heart that without the help of MMJ, my oldest daughter would either be disabled or wouldn't even be here at all today.

I met my wife in the early 90's at an Ohio college. She had epilepsy and smoked pot. There were no medical laws at this time...... she just had epilepsy and smoked pot. Shortly after our graduation, California passed Prop 215 and we caught the next thing headed that way. She was a smoker, I wanted to grow, we were young and dumb....... and hey, it's California right? So we got there, she applied for a patient card and we started cultivating.

When we found out shortly after that we were pregnant, she stopped EVERYTHING cold turkey. Cigarettes, the occasional beer, and yes even the cannabis smoking. We were in to see the doctor and started on all the vitamins and regular appointments and stuff very early in the pregnancy. By the third month, she was having a REAL rough go of it. Morning sickness became a 24/7 plague. She couldn't keep ANYTHING down. Saltine crackers and water would be on a 5 minute time limit in her stomach.

IT GOT REAL BAD

By the middle of month 4 she had been hospitalized twice for dehydration. Not totally uncommon I understand, but when it is your girlfriend and your baby, that doesn't matter. We tried every medication on Earth. And then one day, after taking 3 bites of lunch and vomiting them back up minutes later, she had a breakdown. She was a frail bundle of nerves and all I could think about was the baby inside her, and the possibility of her seizing while pregnant and in this poor physical condition. Against her wishes, best judgment, and motherly instincts, she finally gave in to my begging and smoked a joint. I just wanted to see her calm and relaxed for once after 2 months of hell. Well, my wish came true. Of course the effects of marijuana are instant, and within minutes she was smiling and feeling somewhat better. Yes, her papers say that Medical Marijuana will help ease the effects of her epilepsy, but I also knew that it helps a lot of people with nauseousness and had been pleading with her for a few weeks to give it a shot, but the "mother inside her" feared harming the baby. So anyways, we giggle for a bit and she decides she has "the munchies".

In the next 30 minutes, she prepared and devoured an entire large pepperoni pizza AND held it down. From then on, she smoked nearly every other day until delivery. The remainder of her pregnancy was a storybook of health and perfection. She was in labor for only 7 hours, and our first daughter was born 100% healthy at 7lbs 5oz.

Thank God, 13 years later, I have a cheer leading, track running, honor roll achieving, and in my opinion, "Most Beautiful Daughter on Earth" award winning kid for my child.......

........THANK YOU MEDICAL MARIJUANA.

I am not implying that the ingestion of ANY substance other than food is healthy during pregnancy. Our situation was extreme, and I honestly believe in my heart that without the help of MMJ, my oldest daughter either wouldn't be here today, or she would not be as healthy.

That is a great story.

It helps my wife and I with our chronic pain better than anything the doctor prescribes (and our doctor has prescribed us basically every pain pill known to man-kind and even morphine patches, lolli-pops, etc...)

While it has been expensive at times in regards to "being legal" and all the costs associated with doing so, we are so much better off.

Really looking forward to the medical marijuana expo in Novi this August.

Congrats to Brad!

Mizerman :)

SilverBlue, thanks for starting this thread and I hope you get many responses.

I was a recreational user of marijuana for years. I would smoke three or four times a year when it was offered to me by friends. I had my kidneys fail and ended up on dialysis. I needed five blood pressure medicines, an anti-depressant, sleeping pills and a handful of other medications to adjust my chemistry. I had nausea and would go days at a time with no appetite.

I smoked some marijuana with a friend one night when I was having some really bad nausea. I got suddenly hungry and ate more that night than I had in the previous four days. The next day I had no nausea and a decent appetite. I was aware that some states had medical marijuana laws and did a little research into the claims of medical marijuana and it's effect on nausea. I decided to give it a try as a medicine. I acquired some marijuana and a small pipe. I started smoking a little every night. It took me awhile to figure out how much I needed to get the effect i wanted. I did not want to walk around stoned all the time. I did not want to smoke during the day or make it obvious to my kids that Dad was high. I just wanted to be able to sit down for a meal without throwing up half way through. I settled on three to five hits (depending on the potency of what I was smoking) once a day, usually during the late evening.

Results: I went from feeling nauseous almost continually and throwing up three or four times a week to rarely feeling nauseous and throwing up less than once a week. Over the next six months my doctors took me off three of my blood pressure medicines and reduced the dosage of one of the others. I stopped feeling depressed and removed myself from my anti depressant. I started taking fewer sleeping pills to the point that I would only take one when I had been tossing and turning for more than an hour, which happened about once every other week.

I used mj recreationally many years ago, and noticed it had an unexpected benefit- it eased my depression! Sadly I've been depressed since I was a child, born with multiple disabilities, enduring countless traumatic experiences and living in virtual isolation. I tried mj in my teens, and loved it. I didn't use other drugs too often, including alcohol. Several years later, after becoming a widow, I got severely depressed one night. The marriage wasn't a happy one, but I still loved him. My life seemed totally hopeless and wished I was dead. I NEVER threatened suicide or even tried it, but made the mistake of expressing my wishes to someone, who suggested I smoke some pot, but I refused. What happened to me next would've been avoided had I smoked. After a week of trauma which included being forced to go to a mental hospital, I got out of that HORRIBLE place, thanks to my guitar, and knowing I had some mj waiting for me. This was in another state. So after that I started smoking regularly. I knew it

wasn't the cure-all to my troubles, but at least it helped me function without falling to pieces every day from extreme loneliness. I even voluntarily sought therapy, which failed because I was afraid of being punished again for expressing my true feelings. There was no one I could talk to, but I still had music, and Marijuana. I wished it were legal but never dreamed one day its medical properties would finally be recognized. I could've told

them how it helped me but I didn't dare risk it. I even tried their prescriptions but all they did was make me a zombie, even after adjusting the dosages myself. One psychiatrist even apologized to me for giving me something I had a bad reaction to. I was able to quit each one instantly because I hadn't taken them for long.

Then I moved to Cali. I voted for medical use, and quit using mj recreationally, so I could apply for it legally without fear. I wasn't enjoying it as much as I used to, anyway. I talked with others who had glaucoma who believed it helped keep their pressure down. I know it kept mine from hitting me sooner. Around 2000 I started having trouble sleeping, and since I've come to this site I've read a few stories of how it's helped people

sleep better. I didn't apply in Cali because I read the DEA wouldn't allow it, then I read there were hardly any cards being issued.

Since coming here, I found out how much has changed. I should've tried getting my records when I visited there last summer but didn't think of it.

Now in MI, I voted for MM but hadn't applied because I was seeing an optometrist instead of an ophthalmologist. In my area, the one ophthalmologist I had briefly was a jerk and let me go, due to an big argument, (not about mj). He refused to treat me even in an emergency, which is a blessing, because he's caused a lot of blindness up here, yet is still in practice because at one time he was very good and highly recommended. After he dumped me, I had to find someone who could give me my eyedrops and test my pressure. I tried getting my records from Cali, where I did see a qualified physician but he must've moved and I don't know what to do. I talked to a cg who called the MMMCC, who confirmed I had to see an ophthalmologist and be seen 3 times. This I had read and even e-mailed them about awhile ago, but the cg thought I had significant enough proof to bypass that. NOT! So despite ALREADY HAVING PROOF of my condition, I can't apply. I don't know if I can get my records from Cali. I voted for this thing, I KNOW it'll help me, so I'm just gonna stay clean and WAIT. I think this is unfair, but by the time I apply, maybe the system will be working better and the law will be better, too.

I know by revealing my story, it will show up in some search systems but I want people to read it and see how mj helped me, and will help me again when I am a legally registered patient. Even if my other conditions aren't yet on the approved list, I know I'll still get relief from those problems, too.

Sincerely, Sb

nice job with your personal experience story, sb. u are a great communicator. i can tell you must be feeling better, at least i think you are?

Hi, thanks for the compliment. I'm ok but would feel better if I knew I could get my records from Cali. I don't know how long they keep them on file. If I had thought of it when I was there I would've gone over to the hospital where I had my surgery, to ask. Meanwhile, I still have to see the opthamalogist anyway, even if I weren't applying for MM. The waiting is the hardest part. I wish I could get MM for sleeplessness, I haven't had a good night's sleep in years. The sleep clinic was no help either, they couldn't find anything wrong but were happy to push their drugs on me, I said NO. I should put this in the Patients section I don't wanna mess up this thread. :(

Sb

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here goes my story, smoked pot at age 12,(flowerchild) quit at 20, got married, divorced, worked hard machinist and welding jobs. Had a heart attack,(I only weighed 145) had a stroke, disabled due to dementia and heart condition. Sat in a chair for years getting fat and not saying much! Then Last year my cousin suggested I use Marijuana for my "Agitated Alzheimers" and see how I feel, as I was going nuts not making sense with my words. I bought a bag and it took me a month of daily use to realize I felt better and I wasn't stumbling over my words or sentences. I started listening to old music,(PinkyFloyd and well you know I am 57 years old and returning to my childhood!) I started writing and well I made a friend of a neighbor and we started walking. I lost 60 pounds last year and hope to lose the other 40 this year. You realize I finally looked in the mirror(hadn't looked at myself much for years) and realized I didn't know who that fat old woman was! Well needless to say, I also visited my heart doctor and my internal Medicine doctor. My blood pressure was soooooo low the doc took me off the meds I had been on for over 12 years. I was taken off from all my pain meds but my Nerve med, *Neurontin, I still take a remeron for sleep. I told them I wanted off any and all meds that affected my thinking and my ability to function. Well, I am off 6 pills,(saving the medicare program expensive drugs I don't need) and I am once again social after being a recluse for almost 8 years. (Also back riding my Yamaha V-Star)I have a whole new view on pot, I don't get "high" like when I was young, it is soothing, and gives me the ability to write what I have to say and not sit in darkness day after day with The Price is Right ringing in my ears! Now mind you I have had a few set backs. I have history of broken back, knee and foots surgeries, cancer, so when I awoke from the pharmacutical depression and started walking and moving around I had the unpleasant realization that I had a lot of aches that was covered up with all the pills they had me on. So now I get daily reminders of all my unpleasant physical experiences in the past, and yes I re-injured my back shoveling this past winter, and yes I give up trying to act like a teenager! But with daily inhaling 4 x's a day I am able to function with out a cloud in my head! My doctors are blown away as in just one year my whole medical profile had to be changed! My doctor could not sign my paper last year because he works for BronsonLakeview, however he did tell me where to go. He thought it wonderful as he had never heard a peep out of me for years. Just a lump on a chair and everyone would talk around me about me, well no more of that! I do have a voice now, and Yes I say too much now! But I am growing and learning and I am doing so much better now that I am off that Aricept and Namenda for Alzheimers, sure I know I will surcome to this one day if my heart doesn't poop out first! But folks, that vaporizer has put a world of difference in my life! I love growing it, I grow for a patient and so it feels like I have a job again! It's the most wonderful thing to feel your worth again and be able to give to the community again! I love my VanBuren County Compassion Club! Thankyou Dave and Ronda for talking me thru my hydroponics! Bubblegrower you rock guy! Kids If this old lady can have a comeback, so can you! Find a way to give and it all gives back to ya! Snooze you loose, it's time to cruz. Peace and Love and just Imagine!

wolfgama, Thank you so much for sharing your story! I'm nearly in tears. There are so many people benefiting from MM and reclaiming their lives. I believe there are so many more who we haven't heard from, these stories could fill many rooms! If only all these experiences could be compiled in one place and be given to those who doubt MM's healing abilities.

Sincerely, Sb

Archived