A Must Attend Event!

OK, the primary excuse used by law enforcement to justify their harassment of medical cannabis patients and caregivers is because the law is still too new and many issues need to be clarified.

We have an opportunity to help law enforcement learn this new law. From June 26 - 30, the Michigan Association of Chiefs of Police have their annual meeting at Shanty Creek Resort in Bellaire, MI. Here we have the top cops from many Michigan municipalities all in one place at the same time.

This is a fantastic opportunity for the MMMA to prepare a handout for the chiefs to help them learn. I am not suggesting a demonstration or protest (as tempting as that sounds), just having a presence there letting the chiefs know that we're keeping an eye on them sends a very powerful message.

Just floating this idea, what do you think? Check out the event:

http://www.michiganpolicechiefs.org/page.cfm/6/

Guest Cannabinoid Kid

Brad, I think its a GREAT idea.. If they don't want to take the time out of there busy schedule to educate themselves on the law, maybe we should take the time to offer our help. Education is the key and these folks need to wake up and enforce the law that 63% of Michiganians voted for.

I have been trying to contact you Brad, your phone mail box is always full...lol. Hope all is good your way bro. Please call me asap.

Thanks

Clark

Wow I would love to but I would really be "OUT OF THE CLOSET" our Chief and his deputies will definitely be there. In fact was taking to them after my board meeting about it yesterday. They would probably have a heart attack if I showed up......I want to make it through the 2012 election so I better opt out on this one. But that is a great idea.

Let me offer all of you who do attend a bit of advice.......and please take no offense here. If you don't have a nice sports shirt get one and definitely wear a nice pair of Dockers type pants / shorts. One more thing put that long hair into a pony tail and use hair spray to keep it all in place. Trust me, they base their opinions on you looks first and then how well you present yourself while explaining the facts. Leave all the "street talk", dude and the rest at home that day as well.

Now with that said I have nothing but respect for each and everyone here and the hard work you have done.

We need to get rid of the stereotypical "pot head" look when dealing with government and LEO. Please go and get the word out for us. When its time I will come out of the closet and stand with each and every one of you.

Dizz

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I would love to but I would really be "OUT OF THE CLOSET" our Chief and his deputies will definitely be there. In fact was taking to them after my board meeting about it yesterday. They would probably have a heart attack if I showed up......I want to make it through the 2012 election so I better opt out on this one. But that is a great idea.

Let me offer all of you who do attend a bit of advice.......and please take no offense here. If you don't have a nice sports shirt get one and definitely wear a nice pair of Dockers type pants / shorts. One more thing put that long hair into a pony tail and use hair spray to keep it all in place. Trust me, they base their opinions on you looks first and then how well you present yourself while explaining the facts. Leave all the "street talk", dude and the rest at home that day as well.

Now with that said I have nothing but respect for each and everyone here and the hard work you have done.

We need to get rid of the stereotypical "pot head" look when dealing with government and LEO. Please go and get the word out for us. When its time I will come out of the closet and stand with each and every one of you.

Dizz

Excellent points, Diz.

If we go up there blowing MMJ in peoples faces we will just P.O a lot of people that we could have otherwise made a positive impression on while kindly trying to present our position on the LAW.

Thanks again, Diz... you the girl!

I think it is a great idea, but were we invited? Or is it an public meeting? I would hate to show up and get asked to leave before having a chance to educate em. Keep us posted. You know me...I dont mind walking into the lion's den lol. John Wells

Dizz

For some reason, your advice reminded me of these other [relatively wise] words:

"Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in shabby clothes also comes in . . . if you give special attention and a good seat to the rich person, but you say to the poor one, "You can stand over there, or else sit on the floor . . . well, is there not a division in your minds? have you not become judges with evil thoughts?"

". . . But Yahweh said to Samuel, 'Don't look on his face, or on the height of his stature; because I have rejected him: for [Yahweh sees] not as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but Yahweh looks at the heart.'"

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love Yahweh, to all who are the called according to His purpose".

But, we can certainly appreciate your Fears.

On that note:

"When you are brought before synagogues, rulers and authorities, do not worry about how you will defend yourselves or what you will say . . . for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say . ." ". . . for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit . . . speaking through you . . ."

“Judge not, that you be not judged".

And, "Go with The FLOW".

Cannabis Cures - Without Fears.

FREE the CURE!

And, Share the Faithful Harvest

I think it is a great idea, but were we invited? Or is it an public meeting? I would hate to show up and get asked to leave before having a chance to educate em. Keep us posted. You know me...I dont mind walking into the lion's den lol. John Wells

I'm sure the place of the meeting has a parking lot where hand outs could be presented.

Unless the owners of the property DO NOT ask you to leave, and assuming no disrespect is shown to the police officers and everyone is orderly and not damaging any property then no one is breaking any laws that I can think of... but if it is private property and you are asked to leave then you must... or you can be arrested for trespassing.

It would certainly seem to be worth the try.. where else would there be that many LEOs in one place to present ideas to them.

Guest Medicinal Patient

Dizz

I respectfully disagree with your pov. Your vision of a " non pot head" reminds me of pat from snl in the outfit you describe as being most appropriate.

What do you suggest the women wear? Should someone not attend if they can't afford such attire? Are you suggesting it could/would hurt the cause by being truthful to ones self by being yourself and not changing you and how you dress for the sake of someone elses opinions?

They the police and some of society already have preconceived notions about people who medicate with Medical Marijuana now and before it became medically legal.

Wearing dockers or not, once they realize why you are there I believe the police would still have the same mentality of you can't put lipstick on a pig (no pun).

You will get the same amount of respect whether wearing a moomoo with curlers as you would dressing as spiffy as pat does imho. They will continue to be close minded on the benefits of med mj until a loved one or themselves finds themself in pain and sick and/or dying and finding relief from this plant.

Even then, they too might wish to remain in the closet and not wish to reveal that they are pro mj or willing to openly admit that there is medicinal benefits. I say don't change who you are for them, because they sure as hell won't change for us. Not anytime soon anyway. Its going to be a long long process before med mj is accepted by alot in our society. If anything, the way some people dress would reflect on how poor this state is and not because ones a pot head as you call it.

Bsides...Who would tell someone like Willie Nelson to tie his hair back! I would be proud to stand next to someone like him AS HE IS. Respectfully.

pat.jpg

Guest Medicinal Patient

Brad,

Thank you for all your hard work throughout the state. Your activism in the med mj community is to be admired. Thank You

Archived