Saginaw County Protest July 1St 2010 9Am

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Registered patient 04/20/09. Raided 05/13/09.Had my card for law enforcement at the door. Was treated as a common criminal.Had property stolen. I broke no laws.Was completely within my rights. Im still fighting a court battle . They still have my stolen property. They took my meds at the time of the raid. Im wondering why im i being harrassed. Why is my life being put on hold. And when is this nightmare going to end .Or is this crap going to follow me to my grave.

Rule 27. (1) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with the act, if the qualifying patient possesses an amount of marijuana that does not exceed the following:

Im here to tell ya this statement is BULL PUCKY.They have been messin with me for over a year now

Who's here that can honestly say that this rule 27 backs patients up

Registered patient 04/20/09. Raided 05/13/09.Had my card for law enforcement at the door. Was treated as a common criminal.Had property stolen. I broke no laws.Was completely within my rights. Im still fighting a court battle . They still have my stolen property. They took my meds at the time of the raid. Im wondering why im i being harrassed. Why is my life being put on hold. And when is this nightmare going to end .Or is this crap going to follow me to my grave.

Rule 27. (1) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with the act, if the qualifying patient possesses an amount of marijuana that does not exceed the following:

Im here to tell ya this statement is BULL PUCKY.They have been messin with me for over a year now

Who's here that can honestly say that this rule 27 backs patients up

marijuana.jpgmarijuana.jpgmarijuana.jpgmarijuana.jpg

Please join us Thursday July 1st at 9.00 am

at Saginaw county court house at the corner of Court

and Michigan 111 South Michigan Saginaw Michigan 48602

for Peaceful Demonstration July 1st starting at 9am to

protest Saginaw County Sheriff Dept and DEA Raids arrest and

property seizures of Medical Marijuana Patients

and Caregivers for more information or to volunteer

Please contact John at 989-607-0384 .

This Protest is about our rights as Medical Marijuana Patients

and our rights as Americans

marijuana.jpgmarijuana.jpgmarijuana.jpgmarijuana.jpg

lets go am ready

Hey all, Just back from protest and I think we got our message out there , At lunch time you had a hard time talking to any body because of all the horn blowing from passing cars and trucks in support of us. Well I was happy to see a lot of the folks on the MMMA, It was great to meet face to face. Was worth the 2 hr drive. :thumbsu:

I am so sorry you couldn't find a ride. But you were there. The MMMA did not go there with it's own agenda, we went there representing you. You folks have told us your point of view. We are a democratic organization. The people in our community determines our agenda. We are people powered. Please give us some time to rectify this situation. We should organize across our community into multiple car pools.

The event was a huge success with lots of support from the Saginaw public. John and I got a lot of video, so stand by folks. The folks driving past were honking their horns so much, it was hard to talk.

The situation there is horrific with a very activist LEO terrorizing the local community of sick people(Patients) and their caregivers. The stories I heard literally ripped my heart out. John the organizers fiance was arrested during our event for a $23 tax lien and thrown in jail. The crowd donated the $500 that had to be raised to get her out of jail. I have never seen a more un American Fascist Sheriffs department in my entire life. I will soon be writing an open letter to the Saginaw Government. Please take the time to read it. I will also be posting the contact info to receive a petition, for Saginaw County Citizens only, to recall this power hungry candidate for Adult Protective Services Criminal of the year. The Government of Saginaw County should be embarrassed to have this person represent the community. In addition, this individual is a poor representation of law enforcement. I am sure his fellow law enforcement officers are embarrassed by him. There is no doubt in my mind that this person is using his position of power merely to obtain power and money. He is robbing his own community to enrich himself. That is not an accusation, that is a fact. Call him and ask him why he drives a $30,000 car, when teachers and fellow police are being laid off.

The protesters did a great job. We protested and talked with friends old and new. We were all amazed at the response of the public. The people are with us. They know it is their vote that is being ignored. They understand the magnitude of our struggle. Off to write my post. It's going to be a humdinger.

Thank you Joe. You are right of course and I do know

the community as a whole were represented by all

who were able to make it. :)

I think a car pool would be a wonderful thing. :thumbsu:

There are many I'm sure that would love to

be in attendance but, due to various reasons,

have no way to get to these events.

I for one would love to have an area on the

site that persons who are attending can let

us know they have room for rider/s

and those who don't, have a way can connect.

Thank you for the great update.

Will be waiting for your post and

of course Johns vid!

Good idea Imiubu, I was by my self and would of like some folk to talk to on the way down from the north woods .

I have thought of this but the credit goes to

BB as, he is the one who actually put it in a

post... Hope it catches on :goodjob:

peace

The horns were blarring....non stop it seemed all day. Good support from the people. Never knew my minute to fame would be protecting my private rights.....oh well. .......I worked a professional job for 30 years and retired about 8 yrs ago, with medical disabilities. I am glad this is available for my inflamation, asthma, dgd, copd, etc. what a blessing. THe support was great....the public seemed to agree with our mission. Thank you voters. Remember to vote.

Today in Saginaw

WOW! It was great! The most fun I have had in a long time.

Honking horns non-stop. We have the support of the people in Saginaw.

That was VERY CLEAR!

So LEO bettered get their head on strait.

And the fact that YOU LEO targeted John’s fiance (THAT’S RIGHT YOU TARGETED HER) IS SICK! Your officers even went on to try and taunt, harrass, degrade and belittle her. But it did not work did it. You know why because she knew she was better than that. She held her head high and had faith in her family and friends.

And it just goes to show how scared you are. The recall is coming.

John R as I said “you are a friend and if you call I will come”

To the people who showed up today to support. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. It was great to meet so many new friends and to see some old friends. We did more than just support and talk to day. We bonded and brothers and sisters. We were UNITED as one.

We went in faced the emeny on their own turff and delt a strong blow for the people of Michign. And we left no man or woman behind.

We came , we saw , we kicked a**!

Media coverage was also great. I seen many during the day and all wanted to talk to patients and hear their stories.

Local business owners were also big supporters and we returned the favor.

And the compassion showed by all supporters was OUTSTANDING!

When we needed money to pay the government off for her release. I made two stops and had more that enough to pay the blood money.

PB I have always respected what you try to do, but today I seen a side of you that will forever be burned in my mind. The compassion you showed is beyond words. I am gald to call you friend.

For the people who follow what I post here you know most of my post have become more formal and informative in nature. Not much personal stuff any more, but I am going to add this tid bit as I am unable to contain my feelings on the subject. Both of my older boys “volenterred” to come and show support. Not expecting anything in return. That in its self seems to be in limited supply nowdays.

They got there picked up signs and spent all day supporting. I was moved to tears as I have never in my life been more proud of the young men we have raised. And I did tell them so.

I am also proud of all of you. You are Great. Thank everyone for everything.

John Wells

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/news/story.aspx?id=477719 video at this link

Medical marijuana supporters protest a local sheriff saying he's harassing them for no good reason.

However, the sheriff says, he's simply enforcing the law.

Medical marijuana patients, growers, care-givers, and activists demonstrate at the Saginaw County Courthouse.

They say, law enforcement is raiding their homes and giving them a hard time. They say, law enforcement doesn't like medical marijuana and is violating their rights.

Tara Corum, from the Tri-City Compassion Club, says "We're not criminals. We're law-abiding citizens. It was passed as a law, and we're trying to stay within those laws."

John Roberts, vice president of the Tri-City Compassion Club, says "Our patients had to suffer because they don't believe in it. I don't give a rat's {expletive} what they believe in."

In 2008, Michigan voters approved a measure by 63% allowing medical marijuana with restrictions.

Roberts says, "They fail to recognize that these people are patients, and they're preying on the weakest and vulnerable."

However, the sheriff says many of these protesters are either unaware of the current laws or are intentionally disregarding them.

Saginaw County Sheriff William Federspiel says, "The one person I saw out there on the street corner is one of the people that was in question. We had raided his house, and I can't speak about his case specifically, but he himself admitted to me that he was in violation, that he didn't know, but ignorance of the law is no excuse."

The sheriff says, many of the activists are trying to expand the law on their own by bending or breaking it.

Federspiel says, "If you go 20 MPH over the speed limit, you're probably going to get a ticket for 20 MPH over. Same with medical marijuana. If you're supposed to have 10 plants and have 20 plants, then I must enforce the law."

Federspiel says he supports the use of medical marijuana. He has an aunt with a chronic illness.

Some of the protesters say they voted for Federspiel because he supports the use of medical marijuana, and now they feel betrayed.

Archived