Has Anyone Here Been Pulled Over With Marijuana In The Car, With An Actual Plastic Card?

And they knew about your marijuana? How did they treat you? Did they check your card, id, and let you leave? Im wondering what the LEO hassle level is like for those who actually have a card. Im even more interested in those who have had a card and the cop found the marijuana as well ( or you just told him it was there). Does the cop still let you leave with your marijuana as long as you have the hard card? Thanks in advance!

I haven't yet but I talked to my bosses brother whose a washtenaw sheriff he says all leo knows the rules. The prosecutor is pushing to have them give out DUI's if you say anything about smoking before or during driving. However Medicating earlier in the day is fine. He said choose your words carefully because there are alot of key words that can change a cops probable cause.

I'm not sure that all LEO knows. A friend of mine is a Detroit officer and she says that there has not been one word from their superiors re: Michigan's MMJ law. No training, no briefing, nothing. She was actually quizzing me about it! This was back in February, so maybe something has changed in the last 90 days, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I'm not sure that all LEO knows. A friend of mine is a Detroit officer and she says that there has not been one word from their superiors re: Michigan's MMJ law. No training, no briefing, nothing. She was actually quizzing me about it! This was back in February, so maybe something has changed in the last 90 days, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Detroit's been decriminalized anyways, I've never had a problem with any Detroit cops finding my stash :lol:

Before the law was put into place friends have gotten busted with up to an ounce without much problems. Most officers will make you pour it down the sewer on sprinkle it throughout a lawn. At least thats what a family member who is a Detroit Sgt. does. But I hear you may have hassles in other cities.

Detroit's been decriminalized anyways, I've never had a problem with any Detroit cops finding my stash :lol:

LOL......you must not have gone to the expo last year then. The first day rained so they weren't as picky on who they "searched" (oh, they being the off duty Detroit LEO that were hired to be security, which was perfectly fine)

But, the second day was nice and sunny, and they were AMAZED at the people producing their MM for them.

I actually had a really good post about it on the old website. Needless to say, we are at a MM event, and they are DEMANDING we show them our MM. I pull mine out and she gave, loudly, this HUGE speech about how she can't believe this law, and that usually when she finds M on "perps" they hide it and throw it, and now here we are with it in nice little containers, SHOWING it to her! (well duh, you just threatened us to)

IDK~ I've heard that Detroit cops don't care about M. But, if that is the case why all the holier than thou crap at the expo?

LOL~~~~ I'll get over it........B)

I was stopped with a card and MMJ in the truck. The subject never came up. I got a verbal warning for speeding. As often as I get pulled over for speeding I have never had a cop ask to search my car, ask if I had drugs or anything. I probably get stopped three times for every one ticket I get.

420Peace TheSmartestManAlive,

Detroit Police seam to be cool with Marijuana with or without a card.

I have watched security guards outside a hip hop club smoke blunts while talking to the Detroit Police.

One security guard told me later that he does not blow the smoke toward the officer because that would be disrespectful.

I have overheard Detroit Police say that smells good as they walk by pot smokers...

Thanks to Tim Beck and others soon everyone in Detroit that reaches 21 years of age can have an ounce of weed.

We welcome you back to Motown!

Detroiterdam

I was told if you ever need to show ID or anything to not have the MM card visible. That would give them a reason to check you out more.

If I remember right, It said that applying for a registry card, having paper work for a registry card, or having a registry card gives LEO NO grounds for search. Correct me if I am wrong.

I was pulled over in Hazel Park about 2 months ago. I "turned on a red light, while there was no turn on red".

Officer asked for my ID, insurance, and registration. Then asked me how much marijuana i had with me in the car. First, i just simply handed him my patient card without saying anything else about the MMJ. He asked again, "OK, so how much marijuana do you have in the car tonight?". I only had a small amount inside of my grinder, which was in the glove box. I showed him how little i had with me, at which point he asked me if i was familiar with the laws and rules, mentioning that it was still illegal to drive while stoned. I said i was well aware of many of the rules that go along with the MMP. "Well, your stoned and driving right now". I simply kept looking at him, keeping my mouth shut. He tried telling that i was stoned, or high...but i made it obvious to him i wasnt going to have a back and forth conversation about it. He took my info back to his car, less than 5 min later "today's your lucky day, i have another call that i have to go to" and he let me go. Didnt even give me a ticket for the original reason he pulled me over.

I knew my car smelled like MMJ (typical!), I knew i wasn't stoned or smoking inside my car either, I had my plastic patient card with me, I knew LEO was trying to get me to say something that could be used against me later on. He never asked to do a search, and seemed satisfied once i did show him the amount i was carrying at the time.

If i had any concern at all, it was the fact that i had 12 clones with me, in a cooler in the back seat. While I am a caregiver for others, I'm not my own caregiver. So, my card says "not allowed to possess plants". Had LEO of noticed/found the clones and my card saying im not allowed to possess the plants, I'm wondering if they would have given me the opportunity to provide proof that i could possess plants or just taken them or taken me! For that reason, i now keep a copy of one of my caregiver cards in my car, just in case i do ever have a clone around....

Before the law was put into place friends have gotten busted with up to an ounce without much problems. Most officers will make you pour it down the sewer on sprinkle it throughout a lawn. At least thats what a family member who is a Detroit Sgt. does. But I hear you may have hassles in other cities.

I got pulled over in Livonia a few years ago and got a possession charge for having stray seeds and stems on my floor. :lol: Also in march I got caught with 9 grams of White Rhino in livonia, they abruptly put me in jail, and gave me charges, unfortunately the AD Lawyer wanted more then the court fees so I told them I'd plea guilty if they honor my card and they did.

It seems weird to me that I could find something that would make me want to move into Detroit ..

You still don't want to.. :lol:

LOL......you must not have gone to the expo last year then. The first day rained so they weren't as picky on who they "searched" (oh, they being the off duty Detroit LEO that were hired to be security, which was perfectly fine)

But, the second day was nice and sunny, and they were AMAZED at the people producing their MM for them.

I actually had a really good post about it on the old website. Needless to say, we are at a MM event, and they are DEMANDING we show them our MM. I pull mine out and she gave, loudly, this HUGE speech about how she can't believe this law, and that usually when she finds M on "perps" they hide it and throw it, and now here we are with it in nice little containers, SHOWING it to her! (well duh, you just threatened us to)

IDK~ I've heard that Detroit cops don't care about M. But, if that is the case why all the holier than thou crap at the expo?

LOL~~~~ I'll get over it........B)

Probably because it was a big expo, Cops are still cops. One time I was picking my friend up in Brightmoore and I was waiting for him to come out of his house and a black unmarked car parked behind me a guy came up in street clothes and flashed a badge said get out of the car, began to search my car found a bong and some weed, asked what I was doing here I told him I was picking up my friend and he told me I was full of bunny muffin, I'm buying drugs, puts all my bunny muffin on the hood of his car and sits me in his backseat, rifles through my car some more when my friend walked out, he asked my friend his name and for his ID, after seeing that I was telling the truth and my friend did live there he gave me back the weed and bong and wrote me a ticket for no seatbelt since I didn't have it on his my friends driveway...

And they knew about your marijuana? How did they treat you? Did they check your card, id, and let you leave? Im wondering what the LEO hassle level is like for those who actually have a card. Im even more interested in those who have had a card and the cop found the marijuana as well ( or you just told him it was there). Does the cop still let you leave with your marijuana as long as you have the hard card? Thanks in advance!

In Detroit as long as your not running a Crack/Heroin/Meth major smack house they don't give a fux. They have much better things to chase after than weed smokin. Most Detroit cops take the weed they find and smoke it...lol...after dealing with all the stuff they deal with on a daily they need to relax too..!

Archived