Medicinal Marijuana: Mi Voters Say Yes, Mdch Says Not Yet

Headlines: "Medicinal Marijuana: MI Voters Say Yes, MDCH Says Not Yet"

excerpted propaganda from the article:

*** The Michigan Municipal League quotes James McCurtis, Jr., public information officer for the MDCH, as follows: "Since the law in Michigan does not address dispensaries or offer a regulating system for them, the Michigan Department of Community Health interprets the law as saying that it is illegal to operate a marijuana dispensary." McCurtis claimed that similar laws in other states allow for dispensaries and establish systems to regulate those facilities. ***

Let me just repeat that: "the Michigan Department of Community Health interprets the law as saying that it is illegal to operate a marijuana dispensary." McCurtis claimed.

Well, aside from the fact that a vast number of Michigan's citizens like me don't agree - AT ALL - that a patient who is lawfully protected by the Spirit of the Law, while acquiring Medicinal Cannabis from another patient / caregiver who is also protected by the statutes of the MMMA, could somehow be considered "illegal," as Mr. McCuris has misled the author of the story into publishing - dispite his statements made at the cost of potential harm and more unnecessary pain caused to Michigan's already suffering residents who would otherwise be trusting the MDCH to comply with the Will of the People of Michigan . . .

. . . it sure would be nice if Mr. McCurtis could work on refocusing his rather un-compassionately negative comments and energies on interpreting and adhering to the plain and simple language of the Law's "rules and regulations" of the MMMA; At least enough to show a bit more compassion and concern in regards to "helping" Michigan's resident-patients by following and obeying the Law that he was actually - specifically - appointed to follow.

(I.e.: The Law CLEARLY says 20 days - NOT 120 DAYS!)

Hate to have to get so anti-smarmy, especially in company with such Worthy News, but it sure doesn't seem AT ALL fair to me that any wonderful news for Michigan residents can be so carelessly and heartlessly trashed by a so-called "Health-Care Professional," particularly on the time and dime of "We the People" who pay Mr. McCurtis' annual salary for his cushy desk-job.

Then there's the apparently standard, harmful 1/2 truths such as this:

*** The Michigan Medical Marihuana Act states that qualifying patients in possession of 2.5 ounces or less of medical marijuana cannot be penalized, provided that they have a valid registration card. ***

And, even More Lies, White-lies and Off-white lies:

*** Qualifying patients: To be a qualifying patient, an individual must have been diagnosed by a physician with a specific debilitating medical condition, such as cancer, ALS, or AIDS. These patients must not possess more than 2.5 ounces and 12 marijuana plants, and any plants must be kept in an enclosed and locked facility. In addition, the patient must have a valid registration card issued in his or her name. ***

Looks like SOMEONE hasn't even bothered to READ the MMMA: So, no real wonder that any talking head attached to the corporate body of MiDCH is "promulgating" more harm than good for "We the People" of this wonderful State of Michigan.

Maybe it's WAY PAST time for some new blood in the MDCH?!

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/medicinal-marijuana-mi-voters-say-yes-mdch-says-not-yet,1308614.shtml

FREE the CURE!

People keep asking the MDCH folks to issue their legal opinion on topics.

They do not control the law. They do not write law. They are not allowed to change the law.

I have seen a quote from "James McCurtis, Jr., public information officer for the MDCH," in which he told CNN that it was legal for a caregiver to use marijuana.

I'm guessing that Mr. McCurtis has never read the entire law.

People keep asking the MDCH folks to issue their legal opinion on topics.

They do not control the law. They do not write law. They are not allowed to change the law.

I have seen a quote from "James McCurtis, Jr., public information officer for the MDCH," in which he told CNN that it was legal for a caregiver to use marijuana.

I'm guessing that Mr. McCurtis has never read the entire law.

i think a caregiver use is covered im no attrny but the law contridicts it self and if not that is crazy the product must be tested before it goes to the patient to make sure it is good u think produce farmers dont taste the product before it goes to the store im a patient/caregiver so i know im ok but for all the otheres i think this is a good defence

There shall be a presumption that a qualifying patient or primary caregiver is engaged in the medical use of marihuana. in accordance with this act if the qualifying patient or primary caregiver:

i know what it says below that but in the deffinitions of the law

medical use: means the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, internal possession, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the administration of marihuana to treat or alleviate a registered qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the debilitating medical condition

as for the other things hopefully its time for a change in our elected officalls vote em out

Headlines: "Medicinal Marijuana: MI Voters Say Yes, MDCH Says Not Yet"

excerpted propaganda from the article:

*** The Michigan Municipal League quotes James McCurtis, Jr., public information officer for the MDCH, as follows: "Since the law in Michigan does not address dispensaries or offer a regulating system for them, the Michigan Department of Community Health interprets the law as saying that it is illegal to operate a marijuana dispensary." McCurtis claimed that similar laws in other states allow for dispensaries and establish systems to regulate those facilities. ***

Let me just repeat that: "the Michigan Department of Community Health interprets the law as saying that it is illegal to operate a marijuana dispensary." McCurtis claimed.

Well, aside from the fact that a vast number of Michigan's citizens like me don't agree - AT ALL - that a patient who is lawfully protected by the Spirit of the Law, while acquiring Medicinal Cannabis from another patient / caregiver who is also protected by the statutes of the MMMA, could somehow be considered "illegal," as Mr. McCuris has misled the author of the story into publishing - dispite his statements made at the cost of potential harm and more unnecessary pain caused to Michigan's already suffering residents who would otherwise be trusting the MDCH to comply with the Will of the People of Michigan . . .

. . . it sure would be nice if Mr. McCurtis could work on refocusing his rather un-compassionately negative comments and energies on interpreting and adhering to the plain and simple language of the Law's "rules and regulations" of the MMMA; At least enough to show a bit more compassion and concern in regards to "helping" Michigan's resident-patients by following and obeying the Law that he was actually - specifically - appointed to follow.

(I.e.: The Law CLEARLY says 20 days - NOT 120 DAYS!)

Hate to have to get so anti-smarmy, especially in company with such Worthy News, but it sure doesn't seem AT ALL fair to me that any wonderful news for Michigan residents can be so carelessly and heartlessly trashed by a so-called "Health-Care Professional," particularly on the time and dime of "We the People" who pay Mr. McCurtis' annual salary for his cushy desk-job.

Then there's the apparently standard, harmful 1/2 truths such as this:

*** The Michigan Medical Marihuana Act states that qualifying patients in possession of 2.5 ounces or less of medical marijuana cannot be penalized, provided that they have a valid registration card. ***

And, even More Lies, White-lies and Off-white lies:

*** Qualifying patients: To be a qualifying patient, an individual must have been diagnosed by a physician with a specific debilitating medical condition, such as cancer, ALS, or AIDS. These patients must not possess more than 2.5 ounces and 12 marijuana plants, and any plants must be kept in an enclosed and locked facility. In addition, the patient must have a valid registration card issued in his or her name. ***

Looks like SOMEONE hasn't even bothered to READ the MMMA: So, no real wonder that any talking head attached to the corporate body of MiDCH is "promulgating" more harm than good for "We the People" of this wonderful State of Michigan.

Maybe it's WAY PAST time for some new blood in the MDCH?!

http://www.earthtime...ch-says-not-yet,1308614.shtml

FREE the CURE!

i guess he will say we all need cards next the card is best but you don't have to have it just ask us Vote him out this guy says one thing then other to some one else just to get his name in the news

we will see him in Nov: with no job

Archived