Lawyer

cough80

I just wanted to know if anyone has directly spoke with a lawyer in regards to supplying more than 5 patients with meds. The law is very vauge and there are so many differnt interpitations of the law on this board, so i want to know what lawyers have said in regards to this matter. I'm planning on moving to michigan in the winter and my wife and I want to become caregivers to suppor our selves while we finish school, so I need to know if we can serve moere than 10 people because we refuse to sell medicine for the rip off rates we have seen. There is no need for any strain going for more than 250 an oz, and that is severly pushing it.

What I am thinking he is trying to say is, Can he be the CG for 5 people and in the same building but separate rooms, can his wife be a CG for 5 people.

I can not give you any advice on this. You would be over 99 plants and as such it could become a federal issue. If I were you, I would talk to a lawer and then maybe you and your lawer can talk to the local PD and tell them what you want to do. I cant remember what the law says, if at all, about what you want to do.

Guest Wayne

Don't these legal dispensaries supply cannabis to more than five people? If not how can they support all the overhead? If they can, can't everybody? The way I'm taking intrepation of the law in these forums it would seem I could provide free samples at high school basketball games to anyone over 18 who attests to having a condition covered by the AD. It's all good.

Don't these legal dispensaries supply cannabis to more than five people? If not how can they support all the overhead? If they can, can't everybody? The way I'm taking intrepation of the law in these forums it would seem I could provide free samples at high school basketball games to anyone over 18 who attests to having a condition covered by the AD. It's all good.

NO. Yes the legal dispensaries supply cannabis to more than five people, but I think to even operate they have to be non-profit and can only supply cannabis to CARD HOLDING PATIENTS. I would say not everybody would be able to be a dispensary as it costs more money than the average person can afford and you have to get permission to start your business. These places would not be growing anything. And if you take Cannabis to a high school, you WILL get in BIG trouble. So, its not all good.

yes the law does clearly state you can only provide to 5 people, but it also states you can provide to someone who you are connected through the registration process, and the number five fails to appear in that section of the law. So if i am a caregiver and my patient also happens to be a caregiver am i not connected to any of thier patients? Its all up to interpitation because they didnt state the number five in that section. Also what is the punishment for providing to more than five people because I didnt see that in the law. Can anyone tell me or give me an example of someone who has been burned because of this.

yes the law does clearly state you can only provide to 5 people, but it also states you can provide to someone who you are connected through the registration process, and the number five fails to appear in that section of the law. So if i am a caregiver and my patient also happens to be a caregiver am i not connected to any of thier patients? Its all up to interpitation because they didnt state the number five in that section. Also what is the punishment for providing to more than five people because I didnt see that in the law. Can anyone tell me or give me an example of someone who has been burned because of this.

i think it was TJ Rice he was the first one to get busted he was over on the old forums i will see if i can find it

I have seen oz's for $500 on craigslist I just can't see them getting that but they keep listing them

http://www.craigslist.org/about/prohibited.items

Right in there, it says,

Controlled substances or illegal drugs, substances and items used to manufacture controlled substances and drug paraphernalia.

So I dont see how people are listing that as it violates the Rules on Craiglists site...

You are so right about not charging an arm an a leg for mm,theres no reason to charge so much

You an your wife can only have 5 plants each

you mean 5 patients each and that wouuld mean we could have up to 144 plants, but I would never go over 99.

you mean 5 patients each and that wouuld mean we could have up to 144 plants, but I would never go over 99.

If you do go that route, I would make sure that the rooms are separated in a clear way. IF you did have any problems with LEO and it was all in the same room, I know they would be breaking stuff and taking your TV...

Our grows would be in seperate rooms and every thing would be properly documented to show which plants/rooms belong to which one of us. I have been searching for hours for anything related to someone providing to more than 5 patients and havent come up with anything. Please can someone provide me with some solid info on the consequenses. Because all I keep finding is people being busted for selling to non patients.

Our grows would be in seperate rooms and every thing would be properly documented to show which plants/rooms belong to which one of us. I have been searching for hours for anything related to someone providing to more than 5 patients and havent come up with anything. Please can someone provide me with some solid info on the consequenses. Because all I keep finding is people being busted for selling to non patients.

i would say the best thing you could do is ask a Lawyer that way you will know for sure

I can tell you that I have directly spoken to many atty's about it. This is completely legal. No gray area as long as the rooms adhere to the guidelines set forth by the state. Meaning... no more than 60/72 plants per room and they'd better be inside and locked with those neat little RESTRICTED AREA signs on each one outlining who's plants they belong to and I would definitely have all paperwork/cards close by.

I'm not asking about the rooms, I know that since were living together everything has to be kept seperate. I have no worries about that issue.

WHAT ARE THE PENALTIES FOR PROVIDEING TO MORE THAN MY 5 PATIENTS? I cant find them anywhere.

I don't no about anyone else but for 15 to 25 bucks a gram these dispensaries can keep their meds. 700 dollars for an oz of MM is ridiculous. IMHO

That is why I want to know more about the penalties, because if I can provide for people I would be able to have a low afordable price, and still be able to pay my bills. I'm not trying to become a milionaire like these people in california and colorado. I just thought we have been paying these high prices over the years because it was a crime, but then why are people still having to pay a high amount when it is legal?

Are you even qualified to take on any patients? What is your experience or are you just one of the "revolutionists caregivers" that thinks by undercutting the local pricing everyone will want you stuff? Not trying to be a dick here, but do you know how to grow? Have you every been a caregiver for multiple patients, will you be able to a stock enough meds to keep your patients from going without?

This area of the law is still undefined.

I think there are cases already getting ready to test this, if not there will be very soon.

Call an attorney.....

If you are serious about doing this as a business you really need to pony up a couple bucks to set up a corporation and

get all of your questions answered by an Atty, If you are going to be a CG it would also be wise to have an attorney or retainer.

There are two leading Mi MMJ Attys

Are you even qualified to take on any patients? What is your experience or are you just one of the "revolutionists caregivers" that thinks by undercutting the local pricing everyone will want you stuff? Not trying to be a dick here, but do you know how to grow? Have you every been a caregiver for multiple patients, will you be able to a stock enough meds to keep your patients from going without?

Yes I have expierence. I'm not going to move my family across the country to do something I have never done before. I use a DWC system and have been for a while. I have only provided for myself and a few friends, but I dont see an issue with doing it on a larger scale especialy since I'm hoping to do thiss full time while I'm finishing school. I plan on having a perpetual harvest evey week, harvesting 6 plants a week. That should be able to provide more than enough meds for the amount of patients my wife and I could handle.

P.S

Everyone have a back up plan, because MM is only going to last a few years until its legalized. When that happens corporate america will take over and ruin everything for us mom and pop growers.

This area of the law is still undefined.

I think there are cases already getting ready to test this, if not there will be very soon.

Call an attorney.....

If you are serious about doing this as a business you really need to pony up a couple bucks to set up a corporation and

get all of your questions answered by an Atty, If you are going to be a CG it would also be wise to have an attorney or retainer.

There are two leading Mi MMJ Attys

We were alreasdy planning on incorporating to protect our personal assets, and I was just hoping I wasnt going to have to pay the lawyer another few hundred bucks to awnser a question. But that looks like a plan now. I'll post what the lawyer has to say after I speak to one.

(k) Any registered qualifying patient or registered primary caregiver who sells marihuana to someone who is not allowed to use marihuana for medical purposes under this act shall have his or her registry identification card revoked and is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 2 years or a fine of not more than $2,000.00, or both, in addition to any other penalties for the distribution of marihuana.

As this reads as long as you sell to a registered patient your good! There aren't many test cases on nthis that have worked their way thru the courts yet. If you decide to do this anytime soon you are taking a risk(at least for now).

As long as you were selling an amount that you and the patient are legal to possess than in THEORY you should be fine. I, personally, can't see a judge doing much but a slap on the wrist.

Good Luck!

(k) Any registered qualifying patient or registered primary caregiver who sells marihuana to someone who is not allowed to use marihuana for medical purposes under this act shall have his or her registry identification card revoked and is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 2 years or a fine of not more than $2,000.00, or both, in addition to any other penalties for the distribution of marihuana.

As this reads as long as you sell to a registered patient your good! There aren't many test cases on nthis that have worked their way thru the courts yet. If you decide to do this anytime soon you are taking a risk(at least for now).

As long as you were selling an amount that you and the patient are legal to possess than in THEORY you should be fine. I, personally, can't see a judge doing much but a slap on the wrist.

Good Luck!

That is exactly how I'm reading it. I would fight even a slap on the wrist. If there is no punishment in the law itself, how can I recieve any punishment? That would be like trying to give someone the punishment for murder when all they did was assualt. But in this case there is no punishment what so ever.

Archived