A Visit To Willow Ranch

Good day to all of you! Yesterday several Compassion Club leaders met with Clark, the fellow who is organizing the Great Lakes Compassion Clubs' Music Fest. We got to tour the site and talk about how this event will be run. Clark has been working on this event for several months and has done a great job organizing this event. This could well go down in the annuls as the premier event of everyone's summer.

Situated in the rolling hills of western Michigan, Willow Farm is 41 acres of Michigan's finery. While the site is somewhat rough, Pip Willow, the owner of this piece of heaven has promised that there will be improvements made prior to our arrival. He has an impressive crew/family working on the site, and I'm sure that he will follow thru on those promises. There are lots of primitive sites, for those of you who can rough it, there also will be several sites available for those of you with RV's, but they are only available on a first come, first served, basis. While not every campsite has a fire pit, they are situated throughout the sites in such a way that no one will be far from a camp fire. We all agreed to set aside a prime spot on the site for what we will call "Compassion Commons", a rather large area, with a very nice firepit (huge) that will be a social gathering area for all of us.

There will be a large tent, near the parking area, where speakers and seminars will take place. This area should hold well over 400 people at a time. Surrounding this tent, the compassion clubs will have thier vending areas and informational tables. That is the basic premise of this gathering, to educate.

The musical line-up is shaping up to be very entertaining, covering a wide range of musical tastes. While I have only heard of some of these folks, the headliners include the Howling Diablos, Covert Operations and Echoes of Pink Floyd...that gives us a great rock/blues ensemble, an excellent jam band and a bit of psychedelia...I am sure that all musical tastes will be quenched by this line-up.

So, please try to make plans to come and join us, out in the woods, for an event that should be well worth your while. Tickets are $50 for the three day event and that cost includes your camping. If you can't come for the entire weekend, come out and join us for a day or two, there are motels available that are within 10 miles of the site, and they are reasonable.

If you are interested in having a premium weekend of entertainment and education, come on out. Check out the site at http://glccmusicfest.com/ . Come on folks, isn't it time for us to get together and enjoy each other's company? I am sooooo looking forward to this. The hippie in me is itchin' to get back, get back, get back to where we once belonged....

Peace and Respect...Doug 'j.b.' Orton

The MMMA will do whatever we can to help with this event. This is going to be a great MMJ event, and really anybody that loves music, is going to love this. Clark deserves our admiration as well as all those that have made this event, what will surely be the premiere event of the year.

John maybe we'll all be standing around that campfire sooner than what we thought. Thanks Great Lakes Compassion Clubs Music Fest!

We may be standing around it, but I dont think it will be lit lol :lol:

Should be a lot of fun. I cant wait. See ya there.

Guest Cannabinoid Kid

Thank you to all that attended the meeting yesterday at the Willow Ranch. It was great to see all of you.

The Willow Ranch is just that, it's a ranch. The Willow does have handicap accessable restrooms. We will also be bringing in many handicap accessable porta potty's as well. I know what your thinking, same as I....ewwww porta pottie's! For an event this size we will need more restrooms that the facility has. Having said that, the company providing them will be pumping and cleening them daily. I have made arraingments to have them serviced more than they usually do for that very reason. I want people to have clean rest rooms, that is a MUST.

The Willow ranch is not flat in all areas, and it has some areas that has beach sand, but where the stage, vendors, education pavillion and other things of interest are accessable by all. We will have plenty of staff on duty as well as many great people attending this event that we will do our best to help make everyone feel comfortable. This is a 43 acre ranch and does require some moving around.

It's great to see many of you getting excited about this event. We will all have a great, fun, safe time. This is a great opportunity for us all to come together in a positive way and help educate the public and learn a few things along the way ourselves. I think it's going to be great to spend 3 days with so many of you. We spent 5 hrs at the Ranch yesterday and the time flew by and it was time to say our good bye's.

I hope this event will bring us all together for a common cause to educate the public, while unifying as a community. This is a positive event focused on positive issues.

Thanks again to all.

Clark

Guest Cannabinoid Kid

Clark, I've already spoken with Michael and John about putting an ad up on the MMMA site. Please let us know where you want us to link to, and we'll get it done. Thanks, Joe

Joe,

Thank you for the help. I will have to contact the web designer and ask her to coordinate with you on how to get this done. I am not computer savy..lol.

I spoke with Greg recently and would like the opportunity to sit down with you and Michael as well.

It's always been my opinion that the success of this event depends on all those involved, from the educational guest speakers, organizations, bands, and staff just to mention a few.

This event is 100% postive energy focused. Its about peace, love, tolerance, education and moving forward with a positive energy and attitude.

Thank you to the MMMA for your support and help in making what will surely be an event we will all enjoy, remember and be proud of.

Clark

Guest Cannabinoid Kid

I have had an idea tossing around in my head and am not quite sure what to do.

While we have many great things planned for the music fest, we would still like to come up with other ideas as we approach the event.

I don't know if any of you have seen the movie "Busted". It has many great ways in how to deal with LEO when encounterd by an officer. I have watched this movie many times and still pic up something new every time I watch it.

I think it would be neat if we could get some members of our community to make a "Busted" play.

Instead of watching the movie, have real people re-enact the scenes in a play setting.

This is NOT about police bashing, but rather how to react when confronted by LEO and working with the law instead of against it. While I don't have Nicolis Cage's and Sandra Bullocks phone numbers, maybe some people in this very community would like to do something like this. Seems to me a really cool special person in our community actually drives a black squat car with search lights already on it...lol...kinda would be fun if you ask me. Just an idea I thought I would toss out there.

There were 8 compassion clubs represented at the meeting on Saturday. It was wonderful to hang out with like-minded team players. Just a small taste of what the MusicFest will be for all of us hopefully. Clark has worked on this diligently and deserves all of our support.

Don't forget to support the Make-A-Wish foundation at the dunk tank that will be there. Clark has a list of people who we'll be sitting in the dunk tank.

Ooooh, a dunk tank...to benefit one of my fave charities. Make-a-Wish has been a huge part of my grandsons life, sending him to Disney once, to NYC to play a concert with O.A.R. last year, and gifting him a guitar signed by the surviving members of the Grateful Dead. You can bet that I'll be sitting in that seat, so if any of you are interested in dunking "Juztbudz", I bet you can't!!! Get your whimpy arms in shape for the event...lol...I'll be dry all day! Peace...j.b.

Guest Cannabinoid Kid

Ooooh, a dunk tank...to benefit one of my fave charities. Make-a-Wish has been a huge part of my grandsons life, sending him to Disney once, to NYC to play a concert with O.A.R. last year, and gifting him a guitar signed by the surviving members of the Grateful Dead. You can bet that I'll be sitting in that seat, so if any of you are interested in dunking "Juztbudz", I bet you can't!!! Get your whimpy arms in shape for the event...lol...I'll be dry all day! Peace...j.b.

ROFLMAO......yeah ok Doug, think what ya wanna think. I got $5.00 that say's you'll end up in the drink not once but 5 times : ) Just sayin. I played some ball in my day so take a snorkel and mask along.

Thanks for the positive attitude. Many of the band members have voluntered to get in the tank as well as our very own Greg Fransisco. This should be a ton of fun and for such a GREAT cause. I know of at least 10 people I personally want to dunk....got my throwing arm ready.

Guest Cannabinoid Kid

I have had a lot of people ask if I plan on getting in the dunk tank. All I can say is...sharks in the tank couldn't keep me from joining in on this...lol. I'll jump in for awhile. I got a snorkel and mask, so lets get it on. :P

Your on Doug, I'm dunkin your butt..My arm is ready and you wont be dry long..lol :P

I had lots of fun meeting everyone.

We will be there on Thursday the 29th to help out if need be.

Doug, you just don't seem to talk @#$# enough to be in the tank :)

Allright, allright...I may be soft spoken and gentle, but I'll also have the PIC's, some of BACC's mouthiest women (lol) egging all of you on!!! This is gonna be fun...I know I'm going to get soaked, more than once, but we'll still all have a blast doin' it....and it is for a great cause.

Peace...j.b.

Thanks for the demonstration at Willow Ranch on Saturday, HC.

Your more then welcome Ultrafisboy. I vaped off the alcohol yesterday and will make more candies today maybe, or tomorrow.

Archived