Anyone Here Ever Grown The Real Deal Ubc Chemo?

Mvc-800f.jpg

Chemo (key-mo)

A continuation of the popular UBC Chemo no longer offered by Federation seeds.

Here is the original description from federation.

UBC Chemo

Indoor / Outdoor

Very strong with a hashy flavour, UBC Chemo was developed in the 1970's for cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy. Exhibiting characteristics of being a polyploid, woody stock and odd shaped leaves give the UBC Chemo a bonsai-like appearance. Recognized amongst the medical community as the best strain available for chronic pain and nausea.

Flowering 9 weeks

elusive to say the least. i have never seen the strain in person

Mvc-800f.jpg

Chemo (key-mo)

A continuation of the popular UBC Chemo no longer offered by Federation seeds.

Here is the original description from federation.

UBC Chemo

Indoor / Outdoor

Very strong with a hashy flavour, UBC Chemo was developed in the 1970's for cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy. Exhibiting characteristics of being a polyploid, woody stock and odd shaped leaves give the UBC Chemo a bonsai-like appearance. Recognized amongst the medical community as the best strain available for chronic pain and nausea.

Flowering 9 weeks

elusive to say the least. i have never seen the strain in person

Thank you for the info BG! ;)

It is a different one that's for sure. Never seen anything like it(not that I'm an expert!). I have two in veg right now.

I originally chased this strain to try for our cancer patient and it took a while but I did find it in another part of the state. It is shared in a small community and I believe it's made available when it needs to be. ;)

I was gifted 4 cuttings. Two took, two did not.

I wanna flower soon, but I'm having a hard time finding good cuts to take off them still and I don't want to lose the genetics. Branchy with single leafs. Very odd looking strain.

i honestly do not know the story. i know that i have heard of this strain before, and i know that it is old. :)

it is something that as a cultivator i would love the chance to play with. i'm sure thats what lespaul wants it for too. what they considered to be "stabilized" back then is nothing compared to our standards today. and that opens the door for serious dreams/possibilities

That's a very good question. I'd love to know the answer as well. I'd love to find some history on this strain and what became of it.

It's one of the legends like G-13. No one will ever know the real truth. I missed the issue but a couple of months back there was a small piece on Chemo. I think the article was titled something like Canada's top strains or something along those lines. It had some nice info. I can find out fom a friends collection but someone here can probably find it quicker.

It's one of the legends like G-13. No one will ever know the real truth. I missed the issue but a couple of months back there was a small piece on Chemo. I think the article was titled something like Canada's top strains or something along those lines. It had some nice info. I can find out fom a friends collection but someone here can probably find it quicker.

I'm looking at the article now! :o:lol:

By Dr. Greenthumb, right? I wasn't sure if this was his version because it just says Chemo, not UBC Chemo or if this was his description of it after years of experience growing it.

BTW, here's that top ten list...

Romulan

Lowryder

Island Sweet Skunk

Blue Dynamite

Blueberry

BC God Bud

M-39

Chemo(doesn't say UBC)

The Purps

Sweet Tooth

I'm looking at the article now! :o:lol:

By Dr. Greenthumb, right? I wasn't sure if this was his version because it just says Chemo, not UBC Chemo or if this was his description of it after years of experience growing it.

BTW, here's that top ten list...

Romulan

Lowryder

Island Sweet Skunk

Blue Dynamite

Blueberry

BC God Bud

M-39

Chemo(doesn't say UBC)

The Purps

Sweet Tooth

He is talking about the clone only cut that he uses in his crosses that he has held for decades. I asked him about it when I ordered my Chemdawg#4. They made it sound like he has a seed version of it, but he doesn't. I hope he is able to get it in his elites eventually. The UBC thing is part of the myth, as is Mississippi Government G-13. There are legends Chemo was developed by the U.S. government that I have also heard. We'll never know the truth of it.

He is talking about the clone only cut that he uses in his crosses that he has held for decades. I asked him about it when I ordered my Chemdawg#4. They made it sound like he has a seed version of it, but he doesn't. I hope he is able to get it in his elites eventually. The UBC thing is part of the myth, as is Mississippi Government G-13. There are legends Chemo was developed by the U.S. government that I have also heard. We'll never know the truth of it.

I appreciate the info brother!

• 2 weeks later...

The true UBC Chemo is a polyploid. Has an extra gene. Easy to spot with the 1 & 3 finger leaves and red stems. If you grow it large enough you may see a few 5 finger leaves but I have not seen more than that. 80%-20% Indica/Sativa. Clone only and since last summer has been shared in a few SE MI compassion clubs. It's the real deal.

About 30 days into flower, she starts smelling like a citrus based cleaning fluid. Rather low odor to grow, but very strong if you squeeze a bud. You can top it, you can fim it. Easy to grow, but easy to lock the N. I've always run it in dirt. Dunno what it does in water.

The Chemo is very hardy and I've never had one hermie. Some stems and stalks will turn red during flower. Leaves may turn early but don't worry.

Grow 12-12 to at least 63 days, not much more. Buds are above average density and sticky as if dipped in syrup. Average bud size from 22g - 40g dried weight. Dries in about a week to jar. Taste of citrus hash, thick smoke, expands like crazy. Immediate head rush and can turn a La-Z-Boy to quicksand. The original cancer strain and melts MS cramps like wax.

I can recommend it.

Peace.

Archived