Breaking News From Msp

A primary caregiver who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for assisting a qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process with the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the primary caregiver possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed:

(1) 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana for each qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process; and

See people read this part of the law and automatically assume that Caregivers can only transfer to their own patients. But this is not true, see this part of the law is under a section called "PROTECTIONS" not penalties. There is only one penalty, and that is for selling to someone not authorized to use marijuana for medical purposes. Everything else is a separate protection. Section 4b protects caregivers for for assisting with a patient's medical use specifically referring to plant count and amount of dry usable the caregiver is able to possess. However if you read further to section 4(d)and(e) neither of these require a caregiver to be connected to the patient through the department:

(d) There shall be a presumption that a qualifying patient or primary caregiver is engaged in the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act if the qualifying patient or primary caregiver:

(1) is in possession of a registry identification card; and

(2) is in possession of an amount of marihuana that does not exceed the amount allowed under this act. The presumption may be rebutted by evidence that conduct related to marihuana was not for the purpose of alleviating the qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the debilitating medical condition, in accordance with this act.

(e) A registered primary caregiver may receive compensation for costs associated with assisting a registered qualifying patient in the medical use of marihuana. Any such compensation shall not constitute the sale of controlled substances.

These are both separate protections as well. Section 4d allows a patient or a caregiver to "engage" in the medical use of marihuana. Section 4e specifically states "a" primary cg may receive compensation for assisting "a" qualifying patient. Notice how again there is no mention of the primary caregiver and the patient being connected through department.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SFC, You guys and Mary are in fact a business. She is a lobbyist and you guys are a non profit the same as we are. As I understand your structure, regular folks don't get to vote. Just businesses. The MMMAA must function as a business also to pay it's bills and expand services for our members(including paying for a lobbyist, if our members decide, that is what they want). I'm afraid you're still involved in a turf war and fail to see the severity of the situation. Don't let your emotions get in the way of our collective duty to the people. Empire building in our community must end. The MMMA will nor participate in turf wars. We are interested in preventing the destruction of our law by LEO and the government. It is in everybody's interest to work together. Our community is growing daily. We seek peaceful coexistence and cooperation. Thanks, Joe

It's really hard to not get sucked into this craziness. So, I am only going to say this.

There is NO turf war on our end. We started something because what we were wanting was NOT being done yet! All this everyone gets a vote crap is a brand new concept over here, and you know it. It's part of the biggest problem WE had! Things were being decided, things were being done, and we were all told afterward. Like the members were an after thought. Which is fine for the free forums. But, there should be some accountability to the PAYING members!

Things may be changing now, and that is great! But, don't make us out as the enemy, because we are NOT. We are just you, in a few months after the MMMA has dashed your hopes and dreams. (I won't go into my own personal drama, if you want to know, PM me and I'll tell you)

It would be nice if we can work together, but all this finger pointing and name calling is just ugly and nasty.

Someone pointed out that we are only 44 members strong. I don't know if those are the numbers but if they are.......Imagine, only 44 people are donating enough $ to support a lobbyist. Compare that to the MMMA's membership #'s. There should be enough to do SOMETHING!!!!????

It's really hard to not get sucked into this craziness. So, I am only going to say this.

There is NO turf war on our end. We started something because what we were wanting was NOT being done yet! All this everyone gets a vote crap is a brand new concept over here, and you know it. It's part of the biggest problem WE had! Things were being decided, things were being done, and we were all told afterward. Like the members were an after thought. Which is fine for the free forums. But, there should be some accountability to the PAYING members!

Things may be changing now, and that is great! But, don't make us out as the enemy, because we are NOT. We are just you, in a few months after the MMMA has dashed your hopes and dreams. (I won't go into my own personal drama, if you want to know, PM me and I'll tell you)

It would be nice if we can work together, but all this finger pointing and name calling is just ugly and nasty.

Someone pointed out that we are only 44 members strong. I don't know if those are the numbers but if they are.......Imagine, only 44 people are donating enough $ to support a lobbyist. Compare that to the MMMA's membership #'s. There should be enough to do SOMETHING!!!!????

I think the 44# was a mistake. I would think you guy have more members but I dont know. Just saying I think it was a mistake with no ill intent.

And I thank you for noticing the changes over here. It is a daunting task, but you know me. lol Anyway you are welcome here. I respect what you are trying to do. No we wont all agree on how to get there but I hope we can all support each other when we need to. Thanks John

I am sorry Joe, but I do not believe it is possible to have it both ways. The MMMA is either a business, or a political activist. Greg made his choice. Nothing wrong with that, it is what it is. We stuck with politics, we took a cross section of the community and are now off to battle our foes. Whether anyone agree's with how we are doing it is irrelevant, we put our money up to get things happening. We would have gladly done the same thing here (many of us did try to do just that) But the whole business side of things kept muddying the waters, and even still the water is muddy!

John, you are alright bro, and I am more confident than ever that you "get it". PB you are also a warrior in this battle, even if we don't always agree on tactics. Peace..

Thank you SFC. I do get it. And I am doing my best to make shure others do as well. Hang in there I am gaining ground. John

...deeep sigh.. If I had seen this kinda thread before I registered I would never have joined. I'm seeing a lot of words. What are the details? What are the decisions? What proposals, what direction, what now, what next? "We must be united," this is true. OK, if we're united, what happens next? "Everyone has a vote." OK, WHAT are we voting on?

No offense to anyone here, but I see a lot of peoples' interpretations of the law, which may not matter if those who are enforcing it see it differently even if it's wrong and contrary to our understanding/beliefs. For example, if whoever's enforcing it says no p2p transfers and no dispensaries, we may have to abide by it, at least for now, while we work on clarifying it. It does seem in some places the law is vague. WHO interprets the laws? What say do we really have in those decisions, IF any, once a law becomes law? Everyone has their own idea of how the law works and how it should work. Someone said there's a storm brewing, I can feel it too, it's gonna be HUGE, like an F5 tornado. I can FEEL IT and I'm really scared. It's gonna knock us down so hard and fast, we won't know what hit us, the wind will be knocked out of us so badly it's gonna take a very long time till we're able to get up, dust ourselves off and realize we've been had, then we may have to start all over again. Many things have happened that we never believed would or could- some bad, some good. While people argue, our enemies are plotting and strategizing and they have a definite plan, which they are strongly united behind. This country inherited a BIG MESS, but those who caused it are angry that they're being made to account for it and they are pisssssed. They want it all their way or now way, they want that control, and they are very sore losers. They'll use every dirty trick they can, even if it's been done before, they have the money, they have the motivation, they have the means, and they're all LAUGHING at us. We have a bigger enemy than eachother. We MUST come together and agree on the most important issues and get that message out there as quickly as possible to as many people as possible. One thing I can agree on is BEING UNITED. They don't play fair, they know they'd lose if they did; they'll lie, cheat and steal at every opportunity. Look around you, see how many areas are zoning out MM, see how many legal patients and caregivers are going through HELL, which affects their families and friends, too. I'm not a fighter, I'm doing my best, I've been fighting all my life for justice- I AM TIRED.

It seems to me that this law, like so many others, wasn't well written; that's why so many are interpreting it as they think it is. Those who oppose us will see it one way, those who side with us see it differently. There has to be a way to clearly define the law so EVERYONE understands it and carries it out to it's full extent, that includes LEO, employers, doctors, landlords, etc.. People can argue all day what it means but will never totally agree on everything. Some people don't wanna compromise. When it comes to our health, why should we?.

I think one of the most important issues that needs addressing RIGHT NOW is the ARRESTS MUST STOP, this includes seizure of property, damage to property, and anything else related to these arrests that is unjust. The law protects those who are legal, LEO is not listening; landlords are not listening, people are being harassed and I don't know if anyone's actually been evicted yet, but this scares the crap out of me. An eviction can affect someone for the rest of their lives. People are losing jobs because of this, doctors are dismissing patients. The bad press keeps coming. The war keeps going. Misinformation is what's fueling all of this. Something that needs to be done is presenting a good image of the MM community.

I saw a very good post by Diziedot about how to dress when meeting with LEO. Dizz, I don;t know you but I am very glad you are here, though I'm sorry you are ill and I sincerely hope you can continue standing with us, considering the position you're in. I think you'd make a great lobbyist for 3MA if you were ever able to do so. I've read many of your posts and I really appreciate you being here.

Well everyone, I've said what I've been feeling for quite awhile and I hope we can get it together. We need to protect the law and make it work for us, we need to have a positive image, people need to see that this community is responsible, focused, strong, and caring; we need to focus on the most important issues that will accomplish these goals.

November isn't that far away.- we'd better be ready.

Sincerely, Sb :(

My personal opinion is "We all" need to get the dollar signs out of our eyes, and worry about protecting, and or clarifying our law first,and foremost. Very early, Many, including myself ,immediately looked only at cornering our share of the market. But very early on I realized this would be bad for all of us. Proceed cautiously, and deliberately or we will lose the initiative that we have fought so hard for. We must keep public opinion on our side. Many of us are doing amazing things with this plant as MEDICINE, that is what we need to concentrate on. We achieve great results on that front we will win the rest of the war. I promise.

If you are in it for the money, that is fine, just try not to make to many waves whilst doing it. And don't pretend to be saving the world either.

Don't speak for me- I'm not in it for any profit and I certainly can't save anyone but myself. I'm just an observer explaining the situation as I see it, sharing what I sense is coming, trying to make sense of it all, and hoping by the time I am a patient some of this mess will be straightened out.

Sb

That was not directed at you Sb. This goes back a ways..

Ok SFC,, I just wanted to be sure I wasn't included in this mess, I'm trying to stay out of it but just sharing my observations and how I feel because I want 3MA to work. I see too much division and it's very sad.

Sb

Everybody needs to calm down. Instead of typing behind our computers we need a show of force. I don't believe that we have any new information now than we did before. We all knew LEO was against p2p transfers from the beginning. As a matter of fact we all know LEO has been against this law period and have been blindly disregarding it since the beginning. Unfortunately we also knew that people would needlessly be dragged through the "justice" system because of politics. We are just normal people up against the huge Goliath of big Government and Corporations. There are huge interests against medical marijuana the biggest one not being LEO but the Pharmaceutical Companies who have vested interest in not seeing patients using cannabis. Think of all the prescription pharmaceutical drugs that patients have gotten rid of because of MM. I always get great pleasure when a patient tells me how mm got them off their prescription drugs. My point is you guys can waste your money and pay Mary L. to play fish and swim around a pool full of sharks. But the only real way to fight back is the grassroots way. We march, we demonstrate, we get into our communities and let them know what medical marijuana is really all about. They actually fear the people more than the people fear them. They don't want public backlash for their actions. We go after the good ole boy prosecutors and make them lose reelection. We become the flies that keep buzzing in their ears, we become the itch they can't scratch. This is the hardest thing to accomplish because we need something more valuable then money we need people's time and effort.

SFC wasn't talking about you SB. Your post was right on the money. All the different groups agree that the focus should be on the patients and those that support them. SFC is a good person. He is doing what he thinks is best for the movement. I hope someday I can earn back his trust.

Please be patient with us as we work through our problems. We will unite. I want SFC and his entire organization to know I am sorry for any part I had in dividing our community. The MMMA was going through a rough patch. I am a former Marine, so I am very protective. I defended the MMMA to the best of my ability. I just wasn't good enough to hold the community together. There is not a day that goes by that I don't recognize and regret my failures. I am sorry folks got hurt. Sometimes the best of intentions are ill conceived. So don't blame anyone but me for this disruption.

We will put up a hell of a fight for you and your rights. We will not allow LEO to change one jot or tittle of Prop I. The voting part of this new direction will allow anyone to put forth a proposal and allow everyone to vote on it. This will become our platform. Something the entire community will be able to rally around. I am sorry that this thread caused you distress, but your post was a result. Your post was a good thing.

We may not be hitting on all all of our cylinders, but I glad that everybody is getting a chance to say what's on their mind. I am the most imperfect human on earth, but never doubt that I love this community and would gladly give up my freedom or life to defend it. Please keep the faith and continue to bring focus to our movement. Thanks, Joe

OK Joe, thanks for your message. I'm doing my best and I know you are, too. All I know is I can feel the storm coming and it's stressing me out. I'm very sensitive to the energies. During the 60's, as a child, I felt it, though I couldn't explain it, I felt it before 9/11 and I couldn't explain it. I don't feel safer, I don't feel strong or very hopeful and I'm sorry for feeling this way. We all have our battles to fight. War is hell, I just wish we could all get along, for the patients' sake, and those who care for them. If I could I'd grow and visit those who can't get out and bring their meds for them, and do errands for them, keep them company, help them with whatever they need, and not charge a thing. I'm stuck in a situation that limits me so I can only visit from my computer.

I think a Patients' Bill of Rights is one thing we should have in print, distributed far and wide, though I don't know who will oversee and enforce those rules. This proposal, and getting the arrests to stop, would be a good beginning. When I first came here and saw how many stories that told of the violations against patients, I was seriously considering abandoning the whole idea of registering, but I don't wanna be a victim of fear, I'm tired of the paranoia they hold on us, it's psychological terrorism. I couldn't handle it if they came after me. There's strength in numbers, no one can fight this alone, I just wanna see us be strong, united, succeed, and keep the rights we have so we can live in Peace without worrying someone's gonna ruin it for us. Disagreements can be healthy but when they distract from the cause, it's very upseting. I don't like to complain. I hope when all this stuff gets hashed out, (pun not intended), 3MA will be stronger, better, and able to accomplish great things.

Sincerely, Sb

Everybody needs to calm down. Instead of typing behind our computers we need a show of force. I don't believe that we have any new information now than we did before. We all knew LEO was against p2p transfers from the beginning. As a matter of fact we all know LEO has been against this law period and have been blindly disregarding it since the beginning. Unfortunately we also knew that people would needlessly be dragged through the "justice" system because of politics. We are just normal people up against the huge Goliath of big Government and Corporations. There are huge interests against medical marijuana the biggest one not being LEO but the Pharmaceutical Companies who have vested interest in not seeing patients using cannabis. Think of all the prescription pharmaceutical drugs that patients have gotten rid of because of MM. I always get great pleasure when a patient tells me how mm got them off their prescription drugs. My point is you guys can waste your money and pay Mary L. to play fish and swim around a pool full of sharks. But the only real way to fight back is the grassroots way. We march, we demonstrate, we get into our communities and let them know what medical marijuana is really all about. They actually fear the people more than the people fear them. They don't want public backlash for their actions. We go after the good ole boy prosecutors and make them lose reelection. We become the flies that keep buzzing in their ears, we become the itch they can't scratch. This is the hardest thing to accomplish because we need something more valuable then money we need people's time and effort.

Well said, VERY WELL Said.

One thing those greedy pharma people forget is, not everyone will want MM so they're always guaranteed an income, sadly they're too blinded by their own greed to see it, they have more money than we'll ever see and they could prob'ly never spend it all. I hate those kind of people, they ruined my life and countless others, they wring us dry, cause unnecessary suffering, blame us for our being angry, sick, and poor, then profit by our miseries.

It's amazing to me how so few can control so many.

I don't know what I'm gonna do.

Sb

Please be patient with us as we work through our problems. We will unite. I want SFC and his entire organization to know I am sorry for any part I had in dividing our community. The MMMA was going through a rough patch. I am a former Marine, so I am very protective. I defended the MMMA to the best of my ability. I just wasn't good enough to hold the community together. There is not a day that goes by that I don't recognize and regret my failures. I am sorry folks got hurt. Sometimes the best of intentions are ill conceived. So don't blame anyone but me for this disruption.

Blueberry, there is absolutely no reason why you should take any sort of "I just wasn't good enough to hold the community together."stance. You are not solely responsible for the splinter factions, nor are you responsible for putting humpty back together again. You have a large group behind you, never forget that. The growing pangs of the new program are going to be difficult. There are and will be those that will corrode the spirit of the culture from the inside, that is not your fault. Every growing community gets bad apples.

Frankly, there hasn't been any real infighting on the boards since then. What I believe I have witnessed over the past couple of months is a tightening and organizing of the community. There are more people volunteering their time everyday to help move the MMMA forward.

It is an unfortunate trait of human nature and the internets, that splinter factions who run off and start their own forum, always seem to feel the need to return to the original forum to stir shite.

Please Sb do not let unnecessary drama from a few expats affect your opinion or the MMMA or this forum. There may be a storm on the wind coming, but I believe we can brace against it, the numbers are behind MMJ more than ever. Hang in there sister, it will all come together just fine. I have faith that it will. Don't stress.

Julie~ AGAIN, with the name calling and ugliness.

We have NOT called anyone here names, so to insinuate that because we made a decision to take things into our own hands we are "bad apples" and, the cause of "infighting"?

1. I was disgusted with the MMMA when they decided to have volunteers work the expo. Many of the OVER worked volunteers that worked for many hours with no relief in the pouring rain and then blistering heat. Let's keep in mind that many of these volunteers are PATIENTS! These people were promised a measley Tshirt, which they never recieved for the most part. Oh, What we thought was a fundraiser for the MMMA, we found was a for profit venture for Genco. Who was Genco? Many of the leaders from the MMMA. Get it?

2. Then a little thing called the Cannabis cup is announced. At first many were curious. How would this work? Could this be done? We all know the drama that came from that. And, the dismissal of Brandy Zink, which I still don't know what happened there.

3. There has been nothing but reasons to NOT trust the MMMA leadership. (All prior to Joe) Do you think we came to the MMMA with the intent of causing trouble? No, we were involved in a community that WAS not what they were representing to be.

If you want to make money, this is AMERICA, go for it. But, don't do it off the backs of the sick. Exactly what we are all against, is what the MMMA did to US. BUT..........WE are the bad apples, WE are the trouble makers..........

There, I said it..........it's out there.

Julie~ AGAIN, with the name calling and ugliness…

…We have NOT called anyone here names,

Um, well ah, yeah Irishgreen, people from the CPU muddied their “help” with flat out mis information that could not be let go. Let me know if you feel it is necessary to cover the whole interaction, my overwhelming Capricorn sense of justice just might compel me to subject these fine folks with a recap. Since Lost and 24 are off the air I am sure they would enjoy the show.

Your group isn't helping, you all ran off in a big dramatic huff, and comeback in a big dramatic huff. I see who you are following for exactly who they are, from experience. Someday you may too, unless of course you are equally as false as she is, or just a fool.

You all went away for whatever reasons, fine and dandy. If you want to live in the past, you are only wasting your own time. I choose to see the potential of the MMMA and what the MMMA is capable of, to see it for it's possibilities.

Do you think the growing pangs this organization has been through is something unique? It's not, the MMMA is not the first organization to attempt to wrangle this new mmj world and have it's disagreements. Let me clue you into something else, drama like this is all entertainment for the lurkers. I just am interested in keeping the facts straight.

If you want to help, then help. You want to lend some information, then lend some information. Awesome. What Hayduke brought was a painted turd. That is no way to accomplish anything.

We all need to move on. The future is moving at us at the speed of light. We are brothers and sisters in this fight. We will be all we have soon. Our adversaries are getting their ducks in a row and the election is upon us. They will never accept us, so let's forgive each other. Let's get into the fight, not with each other, but those that would undo Prop I.

You are right Joe.

Time to redirect the energy. Sorry, I was distracted there for a bit.

:blink:

as always Ron, you are very loose with the truth. I guess nothing with you changes. Mary Lindemann was never the lobbyist for 3Med. That is a flat out lie.

O.K.

However she did hang out with them a lot...

I have heard here speak on behalf of 3med several times.

But if you say she was not a lobbyiest for 3med so be it...

Now she is hanging out with CPU

That's O.K. as well

I don’t think anyone has a problem with the basic premise of our Michigan Medical Marihuana Act, which states that : “under state law the medical use of marihuana; to provide protections for the medical use of marihuana; to provide for a system of registry identification cards for qualifying patients and primary caregivers; to impose a fee for registry application and renewal; to provide for the promulgation of rules; to provide for the administration of this act; to provide for enforcement of this act; to provide for affirmative defenses; and to provide for penalties for violations of this act.”

I think that we all also understand. “Sec. 6. (a) The department shall issue registry identification cards to qualifying patients who submit (1) A written certification.” Let me point out that a, “ (h) "Qualifying patient" means a person who has been diagnosed by a physician as having a debilitating medical condition.” We also find in, “Sec. 3 (i) "Registry identification card" means a document issued by the department that identifies a person as a registered qualifying patient or registered primary caregiver.” Additionally in Sec 3 is, “(l) "Written certification" means a document signed by a physician, stating the patient's debilitating medical condition and stating that, in the physician's professional opinion, the patient is likely to receive therapeutic or palliative benefit from the medical use of marihuana to treat or alleviate the patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the debilitating medical condition.”

Granted, the law does state that, “Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution,“ No where in the law does it say that the doctor’s statement towards use has to be in writing, nor is it required that all patients must register with the State.

All this to say that I can see how persons w/o a card will or can be arrested. That arrested person can then benefit from Sec. 8, the Affirmative Defense portion of the law. That being said, the law give a time for which those patients who choose to register, are to receive their cards [sec. © The department shall verify the information contained in an application or renewal submitted pursuant to this section, and shall approve or deny an application or renewal within 15 days of receiving it; and (e) The department shall issue registry identification cards within 5 days of approving an application or renewal]. Sec. 9B states that, “If the department fails to issue a valid registry identification card in response to a valid application or renewal submitted pursuant to this act within 20 days of its submission, the registry identification card shall be deemed granted, and a copy of the registry identification application or renewal shall be deemed a valid registry identification card.“

It is not the MSP that is wrong, it is the MDCH. What penalties are there to punish the MDCH for violating Sec. 2B, “… changing state law will have the practical effect of protecting from arrest the vast majority of seriously ill people who have a medical need to use marihuana”?

There have been many here who have complained about the MDCH processing delay. And I am sure that the department have received written complaints about the service. With notifications asserted, is a class action suit possible?

Ron I have been VERY nice to you lately. And I have even used kid gloves when dealing with some of the things you do around here, But HD is right ...that is a flat out lie. And you know it. Now stop with the crap. John

420Peace John Mod

What are you talking about?

Free Speach

Who gave you the kid gloves?

What things I do around here are you refering too?

Did not Mary at least hang out with 3med touting your message?

O.K. she was not a 3med lobbyiest...It did seam she was to many of us not in the 3med inner circle.

You and Victor were singing her praises...that's O.K

I just do not want to sing along...That should be O.K. as well...

You are sounding viscious again...

Um, well ah, yeah Irishgreen, people from the CPU muddied their “help” with flat out mis information that could not be let go. Let me know if you feel it is necessary to cover the whole interaction, my overwhelming Capricorn sense of justice just might compel me to subject these fine folks with a recap. Since Lost and 24 are off the air I am sure they would enjoy the show.

Your group isn't helping, you all ran off in a big dramatic huff, and comeback in a big dramatic huff. I see who you are following for exactly who they are, from experience. Someday you may too, unless of course you are equally as false as she is, or just a fool.

You all went away for whatever reasons, fine and dandy. If you want to live in the past, you are only wasting your own time. I choose to see the potential of the MMMA and what the MMMA is capable of, to see it for it's possibilities.

Do you think the growing pangs this organization has been through is something unique? It's not, the MMMA is not the first organization to attempt to wrangle this new mmj world and have it's disagreements. Let me clue you into something else, drama like this is all entertainment for the lurkers. I just am interested in keeping the facts straight.

If you want to help, then help. You want to lend some information, then lend some information. Awesome. What Hayduke brought was a painted turd. That is no way to accomplish anything.

420Peace Julies

I believe your insight is correct

Notice the 3ma distractors still use the 3ma to get there message out

Do not let the negs get you down

AHHHH Julie~ I too, am a Capricorn. We can beat both our stubborn heads together until our horns fall off.

BUT will it help?

We didn't come BACK here. I NEVER really LEFT! I had been quiet for a little while after the restructuring, to see where the MMMA was going. But, If you go to my profile, you will see that I am pretty active here.

Then we put a little info out. (NOT on the MMMA website mind you) And we get ATTACKED!

Your words are interesting though......"wrangle this MMJ world" sounds like a person that is trying to "control' something. Makes a person think. What is YOUR ulterior motive?

Why are you so angry? All we did was report back what we were told. Have you been able to set up a meeting with the MSP? I realize that it may NOT be a giant step. But, it was the first step. I mean you keep talking about growing pains. CPU JUST started! And, we aren't trying to be the MMMA, if THAT is the concern.

We are who we are. Sorry you don't like it.

Well...

Now that we've all gotten THAT off our chests...

IT'S TIME TO LEGALIZE IT!!!

It is rapidly becoming obvious that we are left with NO ALTERNATIVE but to put CANNABIS LEGALIZATION to a PUBLIC VOTE!

And THAT is where I'll be putting my energy in the future.

And I refuse to get lost in a vortex of incrementation and self explanation... far too much energy lost in all of that.

Well...

Now that we've all gotten THAT off our chests...

IT'S TIME TO LEGALIZE IT!!!

It is rapidly becoming obvious that we are left with NO ALTERNATIVE but to put CANNABIS LEGALIZATION to a PUBLIC VOTE!

And THAT is where I'll be putting my energy in the future.

And I refuse to get lost in a vortex of incrementation and self explanation... far too much energy lost in all of that.

420Peace greenbuddha

As Ed would tell Johnny

You are Correct Sir!

AHHHH Julie~ I too, am a Capricorn. We can beat both our stubborn heads together until our horns fall off.

ROTFL

I think we most likely have more in common than just Saturn right backed by Irish might. If I ever run into you at a meeting, please allow me to buy you a coffee.

BUT will it help?

Absolutely! Not the butting heads part, but the fierceness and passion, YES!

We didn't come BACK here. I NEVER really LEFT! I had been quiet for a little while after the restructuring, to see where the MMMA was going. But, If you go to my profile, you will see that I am pretty active here.

Then we put a little info out. (NOT on the MMMA website mind you) And we get ATTACKED!

This is where I have a problem. Sure, Hayduke posted the info about your meeting at 3ish on Tuesday on your own forum, and you guys discussed it for awhile. At almost 9p on Tuesday HC receives an email, having never heard of CPU, asks wtf? Celliach comes on and says, you aren't part of the club, so too bad. The beginning of what I see as the negativity.

At 7:42a on Wednesday Hayduke comes on and in his opening paragraph with FALSE information. At 7:50 on your own board, Todd is ridiculing Peanutbutter. Not nice.

So then at 10ish John starts this thread with actual information regarding your meeting with MSP.

Following my response to Haydukes false assertions about me, the lies were continued and perpetuated. They continued even following John and Joe's verification that no, the MMMA has not hired a lobbyist, there is not Californian influence infiltrating the MMMA.

Yet you want to claim some sort of altruism for providing us with information? Why would I believe that these posters have good intentions at heart?

Your words are interesting though......"wrangle this MMJ world" sounds like a person that is trying to "control' something. Makes a person think. What is YOUR ulterior motive?

Sorry, its a term used for organizing a large group, from my other job. What I meant by it, is the community is growing rapidly, people are scared, they want reliable information and there are very few resources yet available. Then there are those of us who want to get in on the action, so to speak, on guiding the process of this program and help see it to what we know it can be. There are over 14,000 members here, there is great potential in that if harnessed. Joe, John, and Michael are working diligently in matching skill sets and inclination to the needs of the organization. That is what I meant by wrangling.

Why are you so angry? All we did was report back what we were told. Have you been able to set up a meeting with the MSP? I realize that it may NOT be a giant step. But, it was the first step. I mean you keep talking about growing pains. CPU JUST started! And, we aren't trying to be the MMMA, if THAT is the concern.

We are who we are. Sorry you don't like it.

What makes me angry Irish, are bald faced lies. I do not know you or the members of your group, and while I appreciate your intentions, I question your judgment. I understand you are only passing on what is fed to you. Let me show you an example of what that is:

hayduke

Michigan Cannabis Leader

Re: Cannabis Patients United (CPU) announcement

Apparently it was a similar message today at the Lansing hearing. Interestingly enough, Jule S (Schneider) from California and Greg Starks introduced themselves as the lobbyist of the MMMA. They were not in favor of forcing compassionate care centers to be of a non profit nature....

no kidding, why does that not surprise me. So here again we see outside of Michigan folks running the show at the old MMMA.... nah, gotta be wrong, couldn't be.... could it?

Since I have already addressed the fact that I am not a Lobbyist and that I have resided in California for a few years, I would like to draw your attention to this:

"They were not in favor of forcing compassionate care centers to be of a non profit nature...."

I cant entirely tell from his post's lack of punctuation, but this appears to have been cut and pasted from somewhere else. I just happen to know exactly where he is getting his information. What cracks me up is how ridiculous this is. The minutes of the Lansing City meeting are public record that anyone can verify.

Not only were Compassionate Care Centers never discussed at this meeting, but as the draft ordinance is written there is no force needed in Lansing where non-profits are concerned. Non-profit Compassion Care Centers are being defined as non-profit entities, completely separate from dispensaries, or for-profit entities, and exempt from the moratorium they are proposing. So her assertion that Greg and I for some reason are against "forcing" Compassionate Care Centers to be non-profit is laughable, because according to the proposed ordinance, Compassionate Care Centers are by definition non-profit.

So Irish, I understand you are being led blindly, what makes me angry is that you are paying good money for it.

BTW, I am looking forward to sharing that cup with you.

Peace,

Julie

Archived