My Encounter With Ak-47 For The First Time.

I did try a little of the AK47 that I have heard so much about for pain. I am happy to report that it's nearly twenty-four hours since I have had to take my morphine! :) AND THAT, is as Martha would say...."Is a good thing." I will definitely have to add that to my medicine cabinet. There is only one thing that I would change, from the perspective of trying it for pain for the first time, and I don't think the change really involves the strain itself.

I don't own a vaporizer, haven't been able to grow enough to try to make any medibles or tinctures, so I smoke it. I smoke a pack of cigarettes a day, although it's actually more like a half a pack now that I have been medicating with MM. Because of this, taste and texture and feel is a big factor for me.

The intake is nice, fluffy and filling and I could hear the medicine crackling in the bowl as the flame from my lighter licked it. Shortly after hearing that distinct crackle, I could feel the top of my lungs start to heave. It was the dreaded hacking cough and it was coming my way with both barrels blazing.

I coughed, and coughed, then I hacked and coughed some more. I was coughing now so hard that I could feel my throat and bronchial walls thickening. "Is this a trait of the strain?" I thought to myself through the breaks in my bout with the hack monster. Most likely not, is what I keep trying to convince myself.

When I felt it in my hands before loading my pipe, it was crisp, nearly too crisp. However when I broke the flower bud apart in my hands, it was sticky, gooey with syrup-like resin. Is this what a good cure feels like? Sadly, I am too new to all of this to tell you.

It has been my experience, even as brief as that may be, that I prefer a bit more moisture to my flower buds. And I fully realize this may just be because of my choice of how I medicate. For me and my pipe, it has to be moist enough, but not as moist as a good chewing tobacco. That moisture must be balanced with dryness, enough that a bowl full of flower buds can take to the flame and retain that crimson/orange glowing ember. The tiny glow seems to disappear tucking itself behind a thin layer of white ash. But it not's gone, only hiding.

The ember needs to spring back, roar back to life with the lightest inhale, smoothly providing more of it's medicine to your lungs. And this is the part that get's tricky. If it's not cured just right, it's going to make me gag and choke like a sixty-year old man who just found out he's going to be a daddy, again. There may be other ways to medicate, and I admit fully that smoking anything is bad for you. Until the stars align just right, and all things are in my favor, pipe smoking is how I will have to medicate.

Basic health-care in this country will buy me a pump if my penis don't work. But they can't pony up for a vaporizer so I can medicate with something that won't kill my liver, while keeping my lungs smoke free. Don't get me wrong. They'll help you quit smoking if you want help with that, but if you choose to medicate with something as safe as MM, you might as well smoke it. That's about the only thing that could ever be misconstrued about this plant to make it, "Bad for you."

Hypocrisy, it seems, has no limitations after all.

Please keep in mind that this is just in my experience, and it is with admission limited. In no way should this little tale be taken to be gospel. It's just something I thought I would share. I hope you enjoyed it, because I sure did. :)

----Nemo

nemo, were you by any chance REALLY high right around 3 o'clock this morning??

:D:lol::D:lol::D:lol:

welcome to the world of "medicinal quality" cannabis my friend. so glad to hear the positive effects it is having for you. (the pain relief and 24 hours without pills, not the losing a lung part ;) ) your story really shines a light on the importance of proper cure as well. sounds like someone is doing it right. :P

thanks for the GREAT read and the smile to accompany the good coffee this morning.

I run ak48 and it is on of my favorites. I cant get enough of her.

AK48 is nice and quick but its not directly related to AK47. AK48 - Ice x Jock Horror. Ak47 is 4 landraces (Afgan, Columbian, Thai and I think Mexican) I highly recommend AK47 (preferably serious seeds or a solid cutting) if you enjoy AK48.

AK47 is a great strain with no couch lock! Has a high THC content, low CBN content and it smells just like hot "dog poop" when its blooming. You have to take the bad with the good when your growing AK47.Give it 9 to 10 weeks to bloom.

always flush well and don't overfeed. that nasty chem taste will tear your throat up and make you cough like no other.

Had some outdoor ak47 here once - very rich tasting and mind bending. The Rusland in Amsterdam had really really nicely grown ak in 2007 during the cup week - even better than the outdoor from home!

Mandala's Ganesh is a really nice smelling/tasting strain too - but there are a couple phenotypes, that for one reason or another, make you hack like crazy. Seemed the bigger and fruitier smelling the plant, the worse the aftertaste. Even with constant flushing for the final two weeks.

Good luck! Lot's of good strains out there to sample.

And check out alibaba.com for vapes directly from China. Some are the same you see in the shops - just with a different name on them. I've used a couple, but only really enjoyed the volcano. That's a bit pricey though.

Hey Nemosity I love your writing here, AK47 is to this day my favorite smokes of all time after trying nearly every strain I could get my hands on from here, Amsterdam, and California.

Strain is a major factor but most definitely the grow and cure is very important in how the bud looks, feels, and smokes in the end. The best way to compare is to try many strains from the same grower.

But for sure AK47 is my top favorite smoke without a doubt with white widow a close second. Lemon Haze and Sour Diesel are very good also and pretty similar buzz/effect as the others its just have a more citrus taste and make me a little more tired.

I really don't enjoy to grow these strains indoors but they all make good smoke

I did try a little of the AK47 that I have heard so much about for pain. I am happy to report that it's nearly twenty-four hours since I have had to take my morphine! smile.gif AND THAT, is as Martha would say...."Is a good thing." I will definitely have to add that to my medicine cabinet. There is only one thing that I would change, from the perspective of trying it for pain for the first time, and I don't think the change really involves the strain itself.

I don't own a vaporizer, haven't been able to grow enough to try to make any medibles or tinctures, so I smoke it. I smoke a pack of cigarettes a day, although it's actually more like a half a pack now that I have been medicating with MM. Because of this, taste and texture and feel is a big factor for me.

The intake is nice, fluffy and filling and I could hear the medicine crackling in the bowl as the flame from my lighter licked it. Shortly after hearing that distinct crackle, I could feel the top of my lungs start to heave. It was the dreaded hacking cough and it was coming my way with both barrels blazing.

I coughed, and coughed, then I hacked and coughed some more. I was coughing now so hard that I could feel my throat and bronchial walls thickening. "Is this a trait of the strain?" I thought to myself through the breaks in my bout with the hack monster. Most likely not, is what I keep trying to convince myself.

When I felt it in my hands before loading my pipe, it was crisp, nearly too crisp. However when I broke the flower bud apart in my hands, it was sticky, gooey with syrup-like resin. Is this what a good cure feels like? Sadly, I am too new to all of this to tell you.

It has been my experience, even as brief as that may be, that I prefer a bit more moisture to my flower buds. And I fully realize this may just be because of my choice of how I medicate. For me and my pipe, it has to be moist enough, but not as moist as a good chewing tobacco. That moisture must be balanced with dryness, enough that a bowl full of flower buds can take to the flame and retain that crimson/orange glowing ember. The tiny glow seems to disappear tucking itself behind a thin layer of white ash. But it not's gone, only hiding.

The ember needs to spring back, roar back to life with the lightest inhale, smoothly providing more of it's medicine to your lungs. And this is the part that get's tricky. If it's not cured just right, it's going to make me gag and choke like a sixty-year old man who just found out he's going to be a daddy, again. There may be other ways to medicate, and I admit fully that smoking anything is bad for you. Until the stars align just right, and all things are in my favor, pipe smoking is how I will have to medicate.

Basic health-care in this country will buy me a pump if my penis don't work. But they can't pony up for a vaporizer so I can medicate with something that won't kill my liver, while keeping my lungs smoke free. Don't get me wrong. They'll help you quit smoking if you want help with that, but if you choose to medicate with something as safe as MM, you might as well smoke it. That's about the only thing that could ever be misconstrued about this plant to make it, "Bad for you."

Hypocrisy, it seems, has no limitations after all.

Please keep in mind that this is just in my experience, and it is with admission limited. In no way should this little tale be taken to be gospel. It's just something I thought I would share. I hope you enjoyed it, because I sure did. smile.gif

----Nemo

They will buy you a pump!tongue.gif what ins you got, I want a pump just for the fun of it!smile.gif

Archived