Off Topic Posts

This applies to wholesale cannabis distribution how? Are you telling me registered patients acquired meds at these facilities only from their primary caregiver?

I'll say it again "caregiver's" are not subject to HIPPA. LEO must be total idiots if they didn't take a warrant to MDCH and clinics.

Well .. it's slow. So I'll make this response;

Section 6 (h)

(1) Applications and supporting information submitted by qualifying patients, including information regarding their primary caregivers and physicians, are confidential.

(2) The department shall maintain a confidential list of the persons to whom the department has issued registry identification cards. Individual names and other identifying information on the list is confidential and is exempt from disclosure under the freedom of information act, 1976 PA 442, MCL 15.231 to 15.246.

(3) The department shall verify to law enforcement personnel whether a registry identification card is valid, without disclosing more information than is reasonably necessary to verify the authenticity of the registry identification card.

(4) A person, including an employee or official of the department or another state agency or local unit of government, who discloses confidential information in violation of this act is guilty of a misdemeanor, punishable by imprisonment for not more than 6 months, or a fine of not more than $1, 000.00, or both. Notwithstanding this provision, department employees may notify law enforcement about falsified or fraudulent information submitted to the department.

Names on the list are confidential information. Including information about the patients caregiver.

Any information at all that is on the list is information that can not be passed by any government employee to anyone outside the MDCH.

Is the name on a ID card on the list? Yes.

Is the name on the back of the card confidential information? Yes.

So then .. can an officer take your card, with that confidential information, and hand it to anyone they choose to?

I think they are supposed to go to jail.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I called the dispensery in TC the other day because I wanted something special for new years eve. I thought wow their selection should be great. bunny muffin I had better meds here then they did and their prices were a little high. But I just wanted something special. I was willing to pay a little more but not all the time.

Archived