Pulled Over In Detroit Without Card...

So yesterday my buddy got pulled over in Detroit for no reason at all.

LEO asked where he was going. He told him was going to his house around the corner.

He also asked why he was getting pulled over. LEO ask him to step out of the car (he complied) and he started searching the car.

LEO asked if he had any narcotics in the vehicle and he said, "Yes, I have marijuana in the center counsel. I also have a medical marijuana card."

(My buddy left his papers in his friends card and didn't have it on him at the time.)

The officer was quite understanding until he found a plastic bag of ibuprofen's and started questioning him about that.

LEO ended up trusting him about the ibuprofen and took his bag of marijuana and drivers licenses back to his car.

After waiting a very long time, he went back to my friend and gave him back his medication and licenses.

The officer told him to have a good day. He left saying, "Hey, don't forget your joint papers on the roof of your car, your gonna need those."

What shocking about his encounter is that he didn't have his papers on him and it hasn't been past 15 days yet since he sent in his money order.

We need more LEO's like this one.

So yesterday my buddy got pulled over in Detroit for no reason at all.

LEO asked where he was going. He told him was going to his house around the corner.

He also asked why he was getting pulled over. LEO ask him to step out of the car (he complied) and he started searching the car.

LEO asked if he had any narcotics in the vehicle and he said, "Yes, I have marijuana in the center counsel. I also have a medical marijuana card."

(My buddy left his papers in his friends card and didn't have it on him at the time.)

The officer was quite understanding until he found a plastic bag of ibuprofen's and started questioning him about that.

LEO ended up trusting him about the ibuprofen and took his bag of marijuana and drivers licenses back to his car.

After waiting a very long time, he went back to my friend and gave him back his medication and licenses.

The officer told him to have a good day. He left saying, "Hey, don't forget your joint papers on the roof of your car, your gonna need those."

What shocking about his encounter is that he didn't have his papers on him and it hasn't been past 15 days yet since he sent in his money order.

We need more LEO's like this one.

Possession up to one ounce is not a crime in Detroit. <-----Not true, yet :D

EDIT: My bad, was thinking of a different city.... DISREGARD WHAT I POSTED EARLIER!!!

Not until November, KD. Hopefully! Many LEO are getting tired of slapped wrists regarding MM. As long as we keep up the pressure, they'll learn. And I hope it's the hard way! No pity for the wearer of the badge, they chose to wear it. If their opinion causes them problems, tough. The law and the will of the people is what counts, not what a cop "feels".

Archived