Bond $500,000.00

Speechless.

100lbs, bye bye Wayne. What a stupid risk to take. There comes a time when you are just breaking the law intentionally, and 100lbs + 120 plants is really really really pushing it.

However, as a note to other clubs.. I would expect that the hydroworld shops in Lansing go byebye as well. The owner is a past felon for delivery cocaine/marijuana. He should be having NOTHING to do with the MMJ industry other than selling hydro equipment. He will go down for operating his new "criminal enterprise".

EDIT: I put that in quotes people because the police see all clubs apparently as "Criminal Enterprises." I'm not the ones saying that.. relax with the negative rep. We all need to unify against the police. But past felons are raising investigations on this, and the law clearly spells out that a felon cannot operate as a caregiver, and Danny just happens to be acting as a caregiver by opening these places and selling to people. It's bound to happen that he will get arrested too, like my opinion or not, that is my opinion. I wouldn't have this opinion if the police would have not just said patient-patient tranfers=illegal.

Compassionate or not, this guy had 100 pounds of cannabis in his possession. I repeat: 100 pounds!

That's a federal case if I've ever seen one. The only way that would be legal is if he was the contracted caregiver for 640 patients! lol

I'm sure I'll take some heat for this one, but the ol' Reverend is NOT helping our cause here.

This is NOT going to be a test case for compassion clubs or patient's clubs. This should be viewed as an un-desireable setback, by, from what I gather, someone that only moved to Michigan just recently.

Beat me up if you like, but this is NOT good.

I would like to point out, before you do, that the MSP left the plants they found, stating that they might belong to legal registered caregivers, only confiscated the 100 lbs belonging to the Reverend. I'd say that was pretty nice of them.

im with you,I like him, but facts r facts he is giving all of us a bad name and greed is the culprit.Period,i have a huge problem with anyone who is going to try to justify having 100 lbs

They were a smokers club,not a compassion club! They were testing the gray area an guess wht..it got chity...

Im for one ,AM NOT for dispensary's! They are money hunger fools trying to make it rich off of us sick people that have a hard time making a living in this chit hole state.

It is for sure time to tighten things...as a CC

Right on

UF is right on in their first post. Still sad that buds off a beautiful plant can bring so much hell down on someone. Especially with all the murders in Flint right now that politicians are screaming for the National Guard to be brought into town. Does Michigan really have the money to keep going after people for flowers??? This just seems insane to me, but I have some 'off' thoughts at times.

100lbs? 150lbs? Wow that's a lot of flower buds, lot's of medicine, but was it grown here in Michigan? If it was and it can be proven, they should not only let this man go whatever his background or however long he has lived in Michigan, he is helping the Michigan economy by collecting and helping people with medicine, they should shake his hand and give him a pat on the back! However, if it wasn't grown here and it came from any other place it's going to be a hard case to support.

If the 100-150lbs isn't from Michigan, how did it get here?? If it traveled over state lines in a state that doesn't have a MM law on the books, he's hosed. While I congratulate anyone who is willing to risk something for the good and help of those like me who need a safe alternative to prescription poison, I have to question his methods with so much on hand. At least the LEO left the plants, maybe their is a silver lining on this case after all?

As a former Marine I can tell you the fog of war is a real thing. It's easy to get caught up in the details and the fog that goes with it. We can't let details or one person derail the mission here, and that's helping others improve their quality of life through the use and medication that MM has to offer. Keep on marching forward brothers and sisters! We will overcome, and some will fall during this period, but don't loose hope, don't loose faith. Together, we can do anything!

----Nemo

It could be wet weight. The officers count everything, let's not just jump to conclusions. We need facts. You guys are arguing over hearsay. Thats right, news papers are hearsay.. not facts. I was once charged with possession of 385 grams, but it was 2 grams of marijuana and 383grams of glass jar. So lets get some FACTS.

The bond amount sadly is not going to be posted by this community, I don't see somebody willing to put up half a million dollars in collateral and $50,000 cash to get him out. Not happening. Lets all relax and let this court case play out.

Just for anybody who was wondering... 100lbs of freshly harvested marijuana, given that is is 100% cut from the stems it will be before it is completely processed, upon drying would weight in at 20lbs. I don't think 20lbs is out of line for a crop that might have to last 2-3 months for 400 people. I'm just saying. They left the plants, something is fishy here.... they are trying something.

20lbs divided amongst 400 people over 12 weeks is only 1.7 grams per person per week. 100lbs divided amongst 400 people over 12 weeks is 9.3 grams per person per week. {using the math of (Weight / Time / People) * 448 = Grams per person per week.}

From what I understand this place sold a lot of edibles. That works out differently with weight as well I wont even get into that dynamic.

Regardless, this is a test case I don't care what dunnings' opinion on that is.

Lets get something straight here. "Reverend" Frederick Wayne "Sonny" (insert current alias here) Daggit is nothing more than an ex con that came to Michigan to exploit the law and take advantage of all the patients here. He isn't pushing for more patient access, he is exploiting the law to take your money and put our entire law at risk with his selfish actions. He doesn't care about you or anyone else here. When you blatantly don't follow the law, you give more ammunition to opponents that would strip this law away from us. The good "reverend" deserves about as much respect as a catholic priest that rapes little boys. Both take advantage of others for their own selfish desires. he put the patients at his club at risk so that he could try and cover up his real actions LARGE SCALE DISTRIBUTION...not medical use.

Cry about what I said. Slam me for not falling for the moo-poo man of god act, I don't care. This guy is a piece of crap and did nothing for anyone but himself and put others at risk for his own personal gain. The cops, and the state didn't make an attack on patient rights. No one did anything to disrespect patients except for Sonny. They stopped a man that broke the law and had over 100 lbs of marijuana plain and simple.

How much money did he make at this club? How much was donated to a charity? How much was donated to a church even? Were any patients taken care of for free there? Did he ever donate his profits to further the push for more patient rights? MPP, NORML, ASA ? This guy was in it for the money, plain and simple.

The 500K bond isn't just because of the marijuana. It is because this guy is a convicted felon that has graduated from burglary to manufacture/delivery of over 100lbs of marijuana. He isn't getting wiser with age, just more reckless and is now taking his moo-poo on the road to other states. Given how actively he is trying to be the center of the Illinois medical law that is trying to pass, it isn't too far of a stretch to think that marijuana has been crossing state lines with this guy too.

Good Riddance.

It could be wet weight. The officers count everything, let's not just jump to conclusions. We need facts. You guys are arguing over hearsay. Thats right, news papers are hearsay.. not facts. I was once charged with possession of 385 grams, but it was 2 grams of marijuana and 383grams of glass jar. So lets get some FACTS.

The bond amount sadly is not going to be posted by this community, I don't see somebody willing to put up half a million dollars in collateral and $50,000 cash to get him out. Not happening. Lets all relax and let this court case play out.

Just for anybody who was wondering... 100lbs of freshly harvested marijuana, given that is is 100% cut from the stems it will be before it is completely processed, upon drying would weight in at 20lbs. I don't think 20lbs is out of line for a crop that might have to last 2-3 months for 400 people. I'm just saying. They left the plants, something is fishy here.... they are trying something.

20lbs divided amongst 400 people over 12 weeks is only 1.7 grams per person per week. 100lbs divided amongst 400 people over 12 weeks is 9.3 grams per person per week. {using the math of (Weight / Time / People) * 448 = Grams per person per week.}

From what I understand this place sold a lot of edibles. That works out differently with weight as well I wont even get into that dynamic.

that is so true about the news paper i know some thing they printed about us was not true the math Ad's up 120gram wet = about 1 oz dry if this is going to be a test

case it could be a good one they left the plants something is going on for sure lets Waite for all the facts

You make a good point! :)

Good reading here,thats for sure. If any of you look at craigslist daily like I do under the marijuana listing you will see all kinds of adds for things that totally do not seem legal to me. I was seeing listing that someone was selling MM with quantities in large amounts up and over 1lb. HOw can that be legal and other add for a caregiver in cali wanting to sell to people here large quantities. Seems I am sure there is a large amount of illegal going on right out in the open.

Archived