Paramilitary Tactics Backfire For Detroit's Top Cop

Guest Wayne

Grenades? Wouldn't RPG's be safer for law enforcement as they can be deployed at a safe distance of 100's of yards? Or they could just run over the residence with an Abrahms M1A1 sending the innocent scrambling and crushing or taking out the alleged perp if they show themselve's? Now that's what being LEO is all about. Well that and the steroids.

I thought it was a Duplex and they entered the wrong side? Isnt that what the family said?

The police planed to enter both sides of the house before the raid started .So they had to know that one side didnt have this guy in it or the guy wasnt going to be in either side. Little girl was killed for no good reason.

But the disturbing part is that they tried to blame the gran mother in some way. Sick cowardly disgusting

I am well versed in gun safety.

It is heartbraking that the little girl was involved.

This is NOT a Medical Marijuana case. This case is about a family "well versed" in the criminal lifestyle and that was harboring a murderer.

Ever stop to think that this family shouldn't have put the seven year old girl in that situation?

She didn't do anything to deserve this. But, those harboring the fugitive murderer and the dad who went along for the ride when the trigger was pulled from the car should all be thrown in prison.

When you show me a medical marijuana case where someone is simply a grower, under their limit, not selling to people who aren't patients...sign me up and I'll be the biggest supporter on the planet.

Mizerman

p.s. I'll argue this point with you until the end of time

This is more about police action. And their desire to use deadly force on MMJ patients. Or innocent citzens like the 7 year old. We have police state county local .We dont need SWAT teams for non violent crimes

When you show me a medical marijuana case where someone is simply a grower, under their limit, not selling to people who aren't patients...sign me up and I'll be the biggest supporter on the planet.

mizerman, you seem to get bring up the point of being under the limit alot.

However the affirmative defense says that you can grow as many plants and possess as much usable product as is reasonable necessary to grow for the patients you are connected with through the MDCH registry. Many first time growers have many plants die, or produce only a couple grams per plant after 6 + months of growing.

It may be reasonably necessary for a financially limited disabled person living on a fixed income to grow well over 12 plants if they are only able to have one harvest a year, as many patients are unable to afford the high price of meds, and can't afford to spend money on lights and high end nutrients. And the way I read it the law should protect those people as well. Possessing more of a plant than the government says your allowed and losing your freedom, property, and putting your loved ones at risk because of it can not be considered acceptable anymore.

This is not to say I would grow more than the 12 plants per patient allowed by the state at one time, but if someone needed to do so in order to get enough meds to supply themselves for a year to treat their medical condition it seems like the law was intended to protect those people.

As a community we should stand behind everyone that is arrested for possessing a healing herb. No one should ever go to jail for a plant that has never killed a single person. No one should have their pets killed or have their family put in danger by militarized police forces because of a plant. We have to come together to put an end to the insanity.

But you can't hold a whole family responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole family system? And if the whole family system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our social institutions in general? I put it to you, mizerman - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society?

Dude, I love you! How did you know that I know every single line to the movie, Animal House???

Still just sayin' that the above tragic case about the death of that 7 year old girl was not medical marijuana related.

Mizerman

p.s. "Wait til Otis sees us - he LOVES us" :D

mizerman, you seem to get bring up the point of being under the limit alot.

However the affirmative defense says that you can grow as many plants and possess as much usable product as is reasonable necessary to grow for the patients you are connected with through the MDCH registry. Many first time growers have many plants die, or produce only a couple grams per plant after 6 + months of growing.

It may be reasonably necessary for a financially limited disabled person living on a fixed income to grow well over 12 plants if they are only able to have one harvest a year, as many patients are unable to afford the high price of meds, and can't afford to spend money on lights and high end nutrients. And the way I read it the law should protect those people as well. Possessing more of a plant than the government says your allowed and losing your freedom, property, and putting your loved ones at risk because of it can not be considered acceptable anymore.

This is not to say I would grow more than the 12 plants per patient allowed by the state at one time, but if someone needed to do so in order to get enough meds to supply themselves for a year to treat their medical condition it seems like the law was intended to protect those people.

As a community we should stand behind everyone that is arrested for possessing a healing herb. No one should ever go to jail for a plant that has never killed a single person. No one should have their pets killed or have their family put in danger by militarized police forces because of a plant. We have to come together to put an end to the insanity.

What I am saying is this:

The death of the 7 year old girl, while tragic, is NOT medical marijuana related.

I am well versed in gun safety.

It is heartbraking that the little girl was involved.

This is NOT a Medical Marijuana case. This case is about a family "well versed" in the criminal lifestyle and that was harboring a murderer.

Ever stop to think that this family shouldn't have put the seven year old girl in that situation?

She didn't do anything to deserve this. But, those harboring the fugitive murderer and the dad who went along for the ride when the trigger was pulled from the car should all be thrown in prison.

Mizerman

p.s. I'll argue this point with you until the end of time

Ok, so this family was harboring a murderer? Was he a convicted murderer? Or are you just assuming the LEO who 1.) Breaks into the wrong address. 2.) Who have shot and killed an innocent girl. 3.) Who have been caught already changing their story on what happened. -- All these things by the same police that say this man they are after killed someone?

If he hasn't been convicted in a court of law, he is presumed innocent right?

So with all that you have said, (this totally hangs on him not being convicted in a court of law, I know.) defending these police that went to arrest a presumed innocent man, how can you justify this innocent girl being killed? murdered? How can you put the blame on the family for this tragedy and let the LEO off with a simple - It's not their fault the family was harboring a murderer.... I just don't get your point.

Just playing devils advocate here as I don't know for sure if he was convicted. If he was, it changes some things for me regarding the police being there armed. But still they botched so much and it ended so horribly tragic. My heart goes out to that family, regardless.

----Nemo

What I am saying is this:

The death of the 7 year old girl, while tragic, is NOT medical marijuana related.

I was only addressing the following statement (which is why I only quoted the last sentence of your original post):

You seem to be for arresting and imprisoning people for possessing or growing a plant if they happen to have more than 12 plants per patient even if their patients require more meds to adequately treat their medical condition(s). I believe this is a mentality that needs to be changed, especially in the medical cannabis community, we should be fighting to protect patients and to remove the limits that cause people unnecessary suffering rather than condemning them for possessing more than 12 plants.

When you show me a medical marijuana case where someone is simply a grower, under their limit, not selling to people who aren't patients...sign me up and I'll be the biggest supporter on the planet. That seems funny we havnt met yet then mizerman.Im a grower that was under his limit had his card You sure your in support .or are you in denile. If not see you at my appeals court case then right mizerman ??

I did have something to say about how often this happens, and how often it is hid from the general public, and more importantly how this type of stuff happens to people who use MMJ. (Which is my major concern.) However I was Censored for using a word that.... well I was censored, that alone tells me everything I need to know. I thought we were all adults here? especially on a site like this?

"A free press can be good or bad, but, most certainly, without freedom a press will never be anything but bad." ~Albert Camus

I did have something to say about how often this happens, and how often it is hid from the general public, and more importantly how this type of stuff happens to people who use MMJ. (Which is my major concern.) However I was Censored for using a word that.... well I was censored, that alone tells me everything I need to know. I thought we were all adults here? especially on a site like this?

"A free press can be good or bad, but, most certainly, without freedom a press will never be anything but bad." ~Albert Camus

hi laughs!

first of all do not let that "staff" thing under my name misdirect you. i donate a few hours here and there when i can to help keep the site cleaned up and to get involved in the rare case that a couple members add a little too much heat to their argument, and someone needs to be an "outside voice of reason".

with that being said, i feel the same way you do. if i feel like the word f*uck belongs in a sentence that i am typing, then by all means i should be able to include that word.

no f*cking doubt :P

but the truth of the matter is that sometimes we get to feeling a little too comfortable around here, all snug and secure, and forget that their are hundreds, if not thousands of eyes watching everything we post. it just does not reflect on us very well when the MMMA name gets attached to a site full of "trashy" talk. regardless of what my/your personal opinion is, thats how it is.

i wouldnt step in front of congress to speak and start dropping the f-bomb on everyone. nor would i while speaking with my pastor. there are just certain times/places where it isn't prudent, and this is one of those cases.

lord knows i have stood in front of a judge thinking "my god you are a son of a b*tch".......... but thats all i did..... think it. i didnt say it (whew) ;)

not everyone has the ability to maintain at all times, and if one person slips, it makes us all look bad as a community.

once again, those are my feelings.

When you show me a medical marijuana case where someone is simply a grower, under their limit, not selling to people who aren't patients...sign me up and I'll be the biggest supporter on the planet. That seems funny we havnt met yet then mizerman.Im a grower that was under his limit had his card You sure your in support .or are you in denile. If not see you at my appeals court case then right mizerman ??

You tell me when and where and I will do my best to show up with my wife. I have heard nothing but good things about you.

I do support you, Kingpinn.

However, while tragic - (no tragic isn't even big enough of a word over what happened to that little girl) - there is SOME blame that does involve the family who was knowingly harboring a fugitive wanted for cold-blooded murder because someone "looked at him the wrong way"...

That being said, Feiger might win the case or produce a settlement for the girl's family...

I just fail to see why the medical marijuana community wants to get involved with THIS case.

We need to pick our battles more wisely.

Mizerman

Dr Tzan imagine it is your girl.

Mizerman, if you think this isnt in anyway MJ related maybe you think what is going on in Jaurez Mx isnt MJ related, or that what is happening in Venezuela, or Columbia. It is about losing your Civil Rights, your dignity, and just maybe your life. Keep playing with loaded guns someone Wiiiilllllll get killed .

This is far above any type of Law enforcement action necessary to apprehend one Suspect. This is unlawful use of force against innocent civilians. It happened to them, it happens to us, maybe you see a pattern developing. This was the USA, last week, when before I left. Currently vacationing in Beautifull Cancun, Mexico, no problems here, Baby... no one messes with the tourists. I hope. By the way the BS they say about the Gulf, its about a 100,000 times worse at least. The oil is all over from New orleans to Cancun. The worst tragedy since Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

By the wayy that journalist made a mistake about when the War on Drugs started, most likley belying his age. More accuratley it started in 1970 when Richard M Nixon assumed the Presidency of the United States. Thats when he brouyght the war from Vietnam to the streets of America. Check it out! Remember the 4 Dead in Ohio! Maay they all Rest in Peace, someday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!

I just hope the raising of awareness can help start changing laws... so innocent people don't have to keep dying in vain.

Guest Wayne

solabeirtan, You are so right. You need reason for militarization. What finer reason than to fight the good war right here in the United States of America against the citizen's purported to actually be the government. Logic can't possibly get any weirder than that while also having a place in the reality you see before you. At least I hope it can't get any weirder.

solabeirtan, You are so right. You need reason for militarization. What finer reason than to fight the good war right here in the United States of America against the citizen's purported to actually be the government. Logic can't possibly get any weirder than that while also having a place in the reality you see before you. At least I hope it can't get any weirder.

So true, on so many levels. I wish people would wake up to what is going on around them.

Archived