How To Change Caregiver

Stude

Hate to sound like I am talking as a 3rd party but I am. My friend has no clue on how to get on the internet and he has

asked me to find him another "FARMER" I am guessing he means caregiver. The guy he has right now is screwing him by that

I mean he should be on the second harvest and my friend has not seen any return in almost 5 months now. What does my friend need to do to pull this guys grow card and issue it to someone else. Also does my friend have the right to take the plants

away from this low-life money grabbing dirt bag? Thanks for your help

let's let calmer heads prevail.

first off....... HI. welcome to the site. i hope you find it interesting, helpful and educational.

it sounds like you are getting screwed yes, but you must remember it was YOUR CHOICE (friend, whatever) to choose this person in the first place. so you got took. it happens. was there any money involved??

let's help you quietly and rationally.

yes, it is my understanding that your friend can drop the caregiver right now. give them a call and verbally tell them. then, assuming you have learned from this horrible experience, you may look for another, more caring, caregiver. at that time, paperwork can be sent in for a caregiver change, and i believe there is a $10 fee involved.

sorry to hear that this happened to you. believe me, if i were to form an underground army and attack anybody in this fight it would be the "azzhole growers".

------- i am fairly new to the state so if my info is wrong, please somebody correct me.

Do you have a link or PDF file of the form he needs to fill out and send in with the $10.00

P.S My friend set this guy up with plants the legal fees and paper work... he needs an honest farmer can you offer any help

I don't mean to defend this loser of a caregiver, but how will he know for sure that he has been dropped?  Is there any process other than hoping that the patient calls the caregiver and notifies him?  Does the state send a letter to the caregiver?

I would be nervous to have an unhappy patient who decided on revenge in the form of revoking my caregiver status without telling me, leaving me with illegal plants.  I keep my patients happy, so I'm not too concerned about myself, but just curious about the process in general.

Good luck Stude / Stude's friend.  There are good growers out here, but it might take a bit of evaluating / interviewing to find the right one.  If there are local compassion clubs with open meetings that may be a good place to look also.

Thanks that link was most helpfull. The scum bag will be told he is being fired... Myself I think people like

him should be put on a BLACK-BALL list. My friend says he will not do anything more than pull his card, he will look for

another farmer that is around the north-east area of Royal Oak

totally understandable boroboro......... and this is where a close patient/c.g. relationship has priceless value. (as i am sure you already know anyways). as a caregiver, i know exactly how much meds my patients need in "x" amount of time. weekly/monthly whatever. if my patient doesnt inquire about obtaining more meds, then i know something is wrong. phone call/visit time. are they dead? did they drop me? are they on vacation? did they forget they need meds? are they getting meds elsewhere and forgot to let me know?? or are they trying to screw me??

so its not like i could just continue growing and NOT know i didnt have a patient anymore. obviously this particular caregiver would have no clue if they were dropped. but then obviously they are a horrible c.g. as well. so no......... i don't see any defending here at all.

i see an azzhole c.g. who doesn't give a shiite about his/her patients. or maybe even a wanna-be grower whose mouth has over-ridden their ability to manipulate the cannabis plant, and they don't have the balls to man-up and say "growing is harder than i thought, and they all died on me".

patients are ill people. sometimes they are so ill they need help. your doctor calls the day before an appointment to remind you right? why? because they care. and because people forget. and if for some reason that patient can't make the appointment, THE DOCTOR WANTS TO KNOW ASAP SO THEY CAN FILL THE SPOT WITH ANOTHER PATIENT.

there's a HUGE difference between a doctor and a pot farmer. a good caregiver is a good mix of them both.

I just got to ask and I dont want to sound like I am defending the CG, but, Did he have everything set up before he was a CG? Did he have to start from seed? Does he have at least a 2 light set up so he can do rotations? Has your buddy talked to the CG to find out what is going on?

Normal Flower time is what, like 60-100 days for certin strains, plus veg time, plus set-up time, plus germination.... Almost 5 months sounds like he is either, getting close to harvest or screwing the crap out of you.

I just got to ask and I dont want to sound like I am defending the CG, but, Did he have everything set up before he was a CG? Did he have to start from seed? Does he have at least a 2 light set up so he can do rotations? Has your buddy talked to the CG to find out what is going on?

Normal Flower time is what, like 60-100 days for certin strains, plus veg time, plus set-up time, plus germination.... Almost 5 months sounds like he is either, getting close to harvest or screwing the crap out of you.

The same questions crossed my mind. There are many patients out there that really don't understand the time frame involved until you explain it to the explicitly. Had one the other day ask me if I could provide meds to him the same day he signed the Caregiver change form. Right. Not.

The same questions crossed my mind. There are many patients out there that really don't understand the time frame involved until you explain it to the explicitly. Had one the other day ask me if I could provide meds to him the same day he signed the Caregiver change form. Right. Not.

Glad I was not the only one.

also guys, now that i step out of the box for a moment, i DO forget sometimes how "new" this all is around here. i am so used to EVERYBODY growing that i easily forget how few REAL caregivers there are here. a REAL caregiver has meds from day one. a REAL caregiver has your meds on time EVERY TIME. a REAL caregiver knows that your meds come first. they come first, they come off the top, and they get handled with EXTRA CARE.

now i don't want to irritate anyone or hurt anyone's feelings. you can be a GOOD caregiver. a person just starting out with the right intentions, learning the ropes and wanting to do it the right way, and the best way for the patient. keeping the patient constantly informed on progress if they are still waiting on meds.... ect....

thats a GOOD caregiver. i described a REAL caregiver above.

based on the info given, the c.g. in the OP is NEITHER.

You get a letter in the mail saying you no longer have the rights to the plants or to grow and so on. They are going to hire more people in the department to help out I hear so more people get these.

Patients who are mad at the caregivers just need to change to themself... and then change to a caregiver if they find a "great" one.

Patients who are angry with their caregivers need to understand A. they don't grow their own B. They can change at any time C. The caregiver has no clue if you have changed until the letter unless you tell them so that puts the patient in a much better position. With all the raids and complaining a patient can do to a caregiver the best thing for patients to do is try a few caregivers and talk to other patients for the general standard of what caregivers are able to do. There are patients believe it or not that Caregivers cannot care for. If you want plants from this terrible caregiver I would offer them $5-10 per a clone and just drop them grab a shop light and get looking for a better caregiver. Here are a few indications of a good caregiver:

A. They answer the phone

B. They care about your needs

C. They show you expenses and cost and show you the grow room and complete setup

D. They charge $300/OZ or less to just cover cost and expenses

Oh and D is optional many of the medical companies get rich off the sick so I wouldn't say high prices is bad its all about quailty of medicine which generally goes with price.

I would like to point out though I don't always have 12 plants growing for each patient. That is just not possible, with harvesting, cloning and everything going on most of the time 3 plants in flower is all caregivers can have to stay legal. Patients that demand 2.5 ounces each week I think need to understand how much that stresses legit legal caregivers and has caused patients to drop them when in reality they had a perfectly fine caregiver. Many patients need to grow or be shown what is entailed in prop, grow, bloom, curing and throwing away because not medical quailty. I wish the law was setup as a payment program regardless of medicine produced and it was non profit. Either way if the laws change to benefit patients it would be nice to grow unlimited plants for patients but be limited on how medicine much on hand (or not). To grow 100s of plants to get the best 5 or 10 would be nice rather then always dealing with the not so strong ones.. anyways take care

Natural

also guys, now that i step out of the box for a moment, i DO forget sometimes how "new" this all is around here. i am so used to EVERYBODY growing that i easily forget how few REAL caregivers there are here. a REAL caregiver has meds from day one. a REAL caregiver has your meds on time EVERY TIME. a REAL caregiver knows that your meds come first. they come first, they come off the top, and they get handled with EXTRA CARE.

now i don't want to irritate anyone or hurt anyone's feelings. you can be a GOOD caregiver. a person just starting out with the right intentions, learning the ropes and wanting to do it the right way, and the best way for the patient. keeping the patient constantly informed on progress if they are still waiting on meds.... ect....

thats a GOOD caregiver. i described a REAL caregiver above.

based on the info given, the c.g. in the OP is NEITHER.

Yes, but not everyone knows a CG or a grower. So that when they apply, SOME people might have to have someone "new" to growing. How can a person provide quality meds before they are legal, without taking a huge chance? I think that before you post bad things about the CG, maybe find out a little more on him. Are my questions not good? The info that I read was ONE sided. I am not trying to start an argument between us. I just want more info on the CG before I make an educated decision on why he is not a good CG.

first of all, agreed, no arguments ;)

based on the information given in the original post (which, in fact is vague so we may be discussing moot points here anyways) a couple of things must be deduced. either the friend just plain has not heard from the caregiver and has no clue what is going on. meaning the caregiver has failed to initiate contact with the patient to keep them informed. OR perhaps the patient knows for positive that the plants have died. well, i understand that things do happen, and i understand that you must wait until you are legal to make your first grow in some cases, but a good caregiver should have a serious back-up plan and high quality assistance a phone call away before he/she even took on the role of caregiver in the first place.

. keeping the patient constantly informed on progress if they are still waiting on meds.... ect....

thats a GOOD caregiver.

why he is not a good CG.

and finally, the patient may know dang well that there is a harvest coming very soon and just want to be smart about things and get the ball rolling now........ knowing already that the patient/c.g. relationship isn't going to work out, but has waited 5 months already.......... so yeah, might as well wait to get some meds out of the deal before changing c.g.'s

and if thats the case we are all just making azzes of ourselves :lol:

first of all, agreed, no arguments ;)

based on the information given in the original post (which, in fact is vague so we may be discussing moot points here anyways) a couple of things must be deduced. either the friend just plain has not heard from the caregiver and has no clue what is going on. meaning the caregiver has failed to initiate contact with the patient to keep them informed. OR perhaps the patient knows for positive that the plants have died. well, i understand that things do happen, and i understand that you must wait until you are legal to make your first grow in some cases, but a good caregiver should have a serious back-up plan and high quality assistance a phone call away before he/she even took on the role of caregiver in the first place.

and finally, the patient may know dang well that there is a harvest coming very soon and just want to be smart about things and get the ball rolling now........ knowing already that the patient/c.g. relationship isn't going to work out, but has waited 5 months already.......... so yeah, might as well wait to get some meds out of the deal before changing c.g.'s

and if thats the case we are all just making azzes of ourselves :lol:

Alright then, no need to look into this more than it has been till further post from the OP happen. I am not sure about you, but in our town, quality meds didnt come around too often, and when they did they went fast and were expensive BUT at all times the "Mexican Brick" is able to be gotten. Now I admit, with 20,000+ patients there SHOULD be more and more quality meds for back-up, but that is ONLY if you know people.

How can a "real" caregiver have meds for someone on day one?

as i stated, where i am from, the laws have been different for years. not only is is possible, in california it is expected. and someday it will be expected here as well. i am positive you will agree with that. but since it is so new, it is not at the present time.

also, brand new caregiver could be making arrangements with dispensaries or other caregivers for their patients to obtain meds while they get a grow done.

as i stated, where i am from, the laws have been different for years. not only is is possible, in california it is expected. and someday it will be expected here as well. i am positive you will agree with that. but since it is so new, it is not at the present time.

also, brand new caregiver could be making arrangements with dispensaries or other caregivers for their patients to obtain meds while they get a grow done.

Ah, but we are in Michigan, my friend, charting new territory, and the environment isn't exactly friendly, lol.

I will grant you those points though.

How can a "real" caregiver have meds for someone on day one?

He or she becomes a patient first and grows for themselves. Only when they are able to keep themselves in an uninterrupted supply, should they start to seek out for other patients. Just my two cents.

Another good question to ask a potential CG is when the last time they had to go out and purchase marijuana?

My friend set this guy up with plants the legal fees and paper work

Just send in a change form and $10 to the MDCH. Within 14 days of being notified by the patient, the State “MAY” notify the caregiver that his/her card has been revoked. Neither the State, nor the patient is obligated to say anything to the CG, but it would be nice and respectful if the patient were to do this.

“My friend set this guy up with plants the legal fees and paper work.” Your friend should get the plants, but he should pay for their up-to-date upkeep. What legal fees where paid for, and why did your friend pay for them?

Archived