Stock Pile Of Meds

sknkwrks

an old friend of mine and now a caregiver is doing pretty good and my self have thought about using him. but his litt enterprise has me a lil worried he has storage for each of his patients wich may contain more than the 2.5 per person. he said he is doing it so there is all ways meds when needed. my question is can u stock up like that? i did not think u could and had a very heated talk with him on the issue. i never came accross any thing in my readings that said you could and at the same time i never came accross any thing that said u couldnt. maybe i over looked it. please help fill in the gray areas.

That is one that is up for the courts. If he is "curing" the Cannabis and saying while its "curing" its "non-usable" then he would be good. But if he is saying that its just "stockpiled" then yes its clearly against the law. You can have 2.5 oz of "usable" Cannabis for each patient at any giving time.

EDIT: I forgot to say I am not a lawer or a legal consult. But I do know that "curing" cannabis makes it much more effective as a medicine. Some people say cure it for as long as you can, at least for a month...

If it's curing, hanging and still looks like a plant with stem and roots, it will count against your plant count as 1, just so long as you don't separate the branches from the main stem. It can hang as long as you want, I like to think back to the days when my grandparents would hang smoked meat in the rafters of the garage. When you needed some, you just went out and cut a piece off. If it's still curing, still attached to the plant, it's not usable.

Of course, this is like many of my posts, purely speculation and meant for the enjoyment and rhetoric that comes along with it. :P

----Nemo

Based on how growers have been getting charged lately it looks like everything not attached to a plant is being considered as "usable", including edibles, and, everything that still has life in it, even root-less clones, are being considered as plants.

Having a supply of medication to ensure your patient’s uninterrupted well-being, I would think is covered as an “Affirmative Defense”.

Section 8(2)states: "The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were collectively in possession of a quantity of marihuana that was not more than was reasonably necessary to ensure the uninterrupted availability of marihuana for the purpose of treating or alleviating the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition."

MS it should go like that but I don't think it is according to what I have been reading. Once I start growing if I think I am gonna be over and do not have any patients I think I will just have to destroy it :( hate to say that but don't wanna get in trouble over something like a little overage

The "it's curing, officer! Once it dries it won't be nearly as much!" defense, sadly, did not work for me. What it weighed right then, was what I was charged with.

And even though I knew deep down I had more on hand than I was supposed to, it was more than even I realized, and way more than the allowable amount, which shot down any hope of an AD argument, according to my lawyer.

The "it's curing, officer! Once it dries it won't be nearly as much!" defense, sadly, did not work for me. What it weighed right then, was what I was charged with.

And even though I knew deep down I had more on hand than I was supposed to, it was more than even I realized, and way more than the allowable amount, which shot down any hope of an AD argument, according to my lawyer.

Hey JohnB can you elaborate a bit on this for me please? Did they get you strictly on wet weight? And where they hanging? Were they separated by branch? Just curious, and sad that you had to deal with any of this nonsense. Hope you are doing ok. God bless you brother.

----Nemo

So guys whats up? so if you can have 2.5 oz of usable how much can you have curing? thats the loophold! place all your excess medical (curing marajuana) in sealed masson jars. curing, waiting for something to be ready.Not usable right? and how about this. the michigan law states you can have 12 plants, loophold! is this 12 vegitative or 12 flowering, it is not defined? the case with green leaf in Williamston, and others will define all laws in michigan. Just like califorina. By the way guys I am in need of a temperary caregiver here in michigan who will help me when I am here in michigan on vacations. I stay in perry, with my sister. I was going to greenleaf but they didn't listen to me and then they were raided, that will learn them. I am from San Diego CA, I am legal for medical cannabis there and temperarily here to, I have my card and recomendation with me if anyone can help. I could only bring 8grams on the plane to here so I AM IN NEED. I use cannabis for arthritis in my knees and hands. I am here to make friends and share information from CA laws if needed. let me know later buds! heres some CA girls here in michigan with my wife, grape ape, gtw, grapefruit, purple urcle, blueberry hog, bubba kush, mothers from cali! be ready for clones in a month. let me know what u think and hit me back if you can help me!ttyl

Hey JohnB can you elaborate a bit on this for me please? Did they get you strictly on wet weight? And where they hanging? Were they separated by branch? Just curious, and sad that you had to deal with any of this nonsense. Hope you are doing ok. God bless you brother.----Nemo

Sent you a pm.

So guys whats up? so if you can have 2.5 oz of usable how much can you have curing? thats the loophold! place all your excess medical (curing marajuana) in sealed masson jars. curing, waiting for something to be ready.Not usable right? and how about this. the michigan law states you can have 12 plants, loophold! is this 12 vegitative or 12 flowering, it is not defined? the case with green leaf in Williamston, and others will define all laws in michigan. Just like califorina. By the way guys I am in need of a temperary caregiver here in michigan who will help me when I am here in michigan on vacations. I stay in perry, with my sister. I was going to greenleaf but they didn't listen to me and then they were raided, that will learn them. I am from San Diego CA, I am legal for medical cannabis there and temperarily here to, I have my card and recomendation with me if anyone can help. I could only bring 8grams on the plane to here so I AM IN NEED. I use cannabis for arthritis in my knees and hands. I am here to make friends and share information from CA laws if needed. let me know later buds! heres some CA girls here in michigan with my wife, grape ape, gtw, grapefruit, purple urcle, blueberry hog, bubba kush, mothers from cali! be ready for clones in a month. let me know what u think and hit me back if you can help me!ttyl

From my own personal experience, 2.5 ounces means 2.5 ounces. Dried and usable or soaking wet, you get 2.5 ounces. Period. And 12 plants means 12 plants total. Vegging, flowering, roots or no roots, you get 12 plants. Period.

I am tired of hearing from you homemade lawyers. Who are you to define usable mj? Curing as not usable? How foolish. If it can be smoked or used in some other manner it is going to be usable. Curing affects quality. It like being a car thief and arguing it was ok if the stolen car is a peice of crap and it shouldn't be considered until it has new tires etc. You still stole a car.

Lets say you had 12 plants growing and 100 plants worth curing do you think the judge is not going to notice?

Until this is all sorted out I suspect it is better to be on the more conservative side.

I hate all this I believe it should be legalized but until then we should be cautious.

From my own personal experience, 2.5 ounces means 2.5 ounces. Dried and usable or soaking wet, you get 2.5 ounces. Period. And 12 plants means 12 plants total. Vegging, flowering, roots or no roots, you get 12 plants. Period.

ok but this is how califorina made the definations in their medical marijuana laws, alot of jail time also!, and by the way I am not arguing. just stating facts. The law will be defined by the people, so get off the computer and do something for yourselves. and the law can be intereped in many ways until DEFINED. SO TAKE A RISK AND MAKE THE LAW. WHAT DO YOU THINK OTHER STATES ARE GOING TO DO AFTER NOVEMBER 2010 when we vote marijuana 100% legal in CA? GOING TO PUT UP A WALL? NOT! THEY ARE GOING TO CONFORM! Or break off into seperate unions? no longer states? That will break dopwn the federal government for sure!

I am tired of hearing from you homemade lawyers. Who are you to define usable mj? Curing as not usable? How foolish. If it can be smoked or used in some other manner it is going to be usable. Curing affects quality. It like being a car thief and arguing it was ok if the stolen car is a peice of crap and it shouldn't be considered until it has new tires etc. You still stole a car.

Lets say you had 12 plants growing and 100 plants worth curing do you think the judge is not going to notice?

Until this is all sorted out I suspect it is better to be on the more conservative side.

I hate all this I believe it should be legalized but until then we should be cautious.

It is your choice to limit yourself bud. I know dan treveno does not limit himself, he is defining the law. are you brave enough? DO THE PEOPLE MAKE THE LAWS OR DOES THE GOVERNMENT TELL YOU WHEN TO bunny muffin?

ok but this is how califorina made the definations in their medical marijuana laws, alot of jail time also!, and by the way I am not arguing. just stating facts. The law will be defined by the people, so get off the computer and do something for yourselves. and the law can be intereped in many ways until DEFINED. SO TAKE A RISK AND MAKE THE LAW. WHAT DO YOU THINK OTHER STATES ARE GOING TO DO AFTER NOVEMBER 2010 when we vote marijuana 100% legal in CA? GOING TO PUT UP A WALL? NOT! THEY ARE GOING TO CONFORM! Or break off into seperate unions? no longer states? That will break dopwn the federal government for sure!

hey bro. welcome. i been in SoCal for the last 15 years. moved to MI a month ago. been doing this forever as i am sure you have to. thats cool and all, but you gonna have to tone it down a bit. what we have here are a bunch of people who are extremely new to MMJ. PERIOD. new to growing, new to possessing, new to re-newing cards......... ect. the list goes on and on. our goal here is to help those in need, not jump on topics SCREAMING ABOUT HOW YOU THINK THE WORLD SHOULD BE JUST LIKE CALIFORNIA. it's cool. we understand. i feel the same way. but if you wanna meet people around here, and "gets things done" ;) hopping on here and blowing sh*t up isn't the way.

just tryin' to help man......... cause that's what we do on this site.

p.s. when you head back out west, catch the first over-head set for me bro............. i miss my early morning sessions already :)

hey bro. welcome. i been in SoCal for the last 15 years. moved to MI a month ago. been doing this forever as i am sure you have to. thats cool and all, but you gonna have to tone it down a bit. what we have here are a bunch of people who are extremely new to MMJ. PERIOD. new to growing, new to possessing, new to re-newing cards......... ect. the list goes on and on. our goal here is to help those in need, not jump on topics SCREAMING ABOUT HOW YOU THINK THE WORLD SHOULD BE JUST LIKE CALIFORNIA. it's cool. we understand. i feel the same way. but if you wanna meet people around here, and "gets things done" ;) hopping on here and blowing sh*t up isn't the way.

p.s. when you head back out west, catch the first over-head set for me bro............. i miss my early morning sessions already :)

Sorry man, I see what you are saying. I am orignally from Ionia MI, I voted here in 2008 and I moved to CA to VOTE there to, and i am still a resident in both states because of my profession. I am legal in both states now, I will be setting up a small collective here soon. Collecting caregivers first to establish how many patients my collective will be supplying. I have just been frustrated with getting medication here its not worth a s*it compared to Cali and I have been raked. I also believe people should stand up for there rights together, in a rally at the state capitol. But it sounds like Michigan medical marijuana card holders and caregivers are all scared of standing up for there beliefs and rights? That is what law officials want. But if everyone pulls together and we over flow the system it will collape. I did not mean to offend anyone these are just my own beliefs. I am sorry if I did.

come down to Mission beach with me and we will catch a few waves, thanks bud

That doesn't seem a very Zen approach for a California hoodie.

While not everyones beliefs and responsibilities to others allow us to be cool beanie wearin', Aeropostle flashin', goatee sportin, opinion makin' ballers like yourself, I believe the 50 years I've spent on this planet, my military service, and the education I have elevated myself to, have made me a sound database for both the legal and illegal (I did live through the '70's, after all) use of marijuana. You spew opinion, not fact, and loud hyperbole does none of us any good.

Get out from behind my computer? Take a risk? TAKE A RISK?!? Child, please. When it comes to marijuana law, I'm more than comfortable hanging my hat on the jail time I've spent, the close to $100k in lost income and legal fees I've spent, and the risk to my profession and family I've put them through when discussing risks taken and pain suffered.

Thank you, Bubblegrower, for being a voice of reason.

Sorry man, I see what you are saying. I am orignally from Ionia MI, I voted here in 2008 and I moved to CA to VOTE there to, and i am still a resident in both states because of my profession. I am legal in both states now, I will be setting up a small collective here soon. Collecting caregivers first to establish how many patients my collective will be supplying. I have just been frustrated with getting medication here its not worth a s*it compared to Cali and I have been raked. I also believe people should stand up for there rights together, in a rally at the state capitol. But it sounds like Michigan medical marijuana card holders and caregivers are all scared of standing up for there beliefs and rights? That is what law officials want. But if everyone pulls together and we over flow the system it will collape. I did not mean to offend anyone these are just my own beliefs. I am sorry if I did.

Oh, hell, was still typing my first response and didn't see this.

Peace, brother.

i first moved to cali in late '96. right after prop 215. i'm not one to keep up with the political end of things. a HUGE problem here in MI is the vagueness of the laws. add to that the fact that the MI people can see what other states are allowing, it makes things even more confusing than our already "mess of a structure legally".

as i stated before, everything is new here. when people start seeing news footage of homes being raided and property being taken.......... only to get an "oops" from the court system MONTHS later, hesitation becomes normal. unfortunately there have to be people to "test the system" and that testing is still ongoing in this state. the same can be said for county courthouses all over the state that are now hearing cannabis legal related cases for the first time ever in these judge's lives. just as one of us reads the newspaper and sees someone else getting busted before we open our own dispensary, you better believe these judges are researching what other judges have done in their counties before ruling on these "test" cases.

it's a wheel man. and the law has passed in Michigan finally. the wheel has begun spinning. but if you press the gas too hard at first, you will just spin your tires. that will NEVER win you the race.

yeah the bud here sucks. in general anyways. what we consider to be top quality medicine is available on every street corner in Cali. that same quality is here, dont get me wrong, its just that its in smaller quantities and less available at the moment.

it took 15 years for cali to be like it is now. 15 years man. believe me, it will not take Michigan 15 to get there......... but its gonna take longer than 2 or 3.

i first moved to cali in late '96. right after prop 215. i'm not one to keep up with the political end of things. a HUGE problem here in MI is the vagueness of the laws. add to that the fact that the MI people can see what other states are allowing, it makes things even more confusing than our already "mess of a structure legally".

as i stated before, everything is new here. when people start seeing news footage of homes being raided and property being taken.......... only to get an "oops" from the court system MONTHS later, hesitation becomes normal. unfortunately there have to be people to "test the system" and that testing is still ongoing in this state. the same can be said for county courthouses all over the state that are now hearing cannabis legal related cases for the first time ever in these judge's lives. just as one of us reads the newspaper and sees someone else getting busted before we open our own dispensary, you better believe these judges are researching what other judges have done in their counties before ruling on these "test" cases.

it's a wheel man. and the law has passed in Michigan finally. the wheel has begun spinning. but if you press the gas too hard at first, you will just spin your tires. that will NEVER win you the race.

yeah the bud here sucks. in general anyways. what we consider to be top quality medicine is available on every street corner in Cali. that same quality is here, dont get me wrong, its just that its in smaller quantities and less available at the moment.

it took 15 years for cali to be like it is now. 15 years man. believe me, it will not take Michigan 15 to get there......... but its gonna take longer than 2 or 3.

Ya but I am willing to be here with califorinia product and open a collective helping patients and caregivers get together through co-op, using the same methods as a professional cannabis dispencery. You no, a customer service counter, computers, logged state registrations, a locked door, customer service unlocks after verification of card validation, allowing patients back to the " candy shop as we say in Cali! ..LOL!" for patients and caregivers, sale recipts for every sale, sealed contaners with the michigan law on it as a sticker lable also asking any law enforcement to contact the collective for any information needed, being fully cooperative, just doing your job as a collective co-op manager/ owner helping and caring for medical patients. No onsight use, everything by the book of professional sales. In all actuality you would find your caregivers first, 10 or 20, no more is needed this will give you 50 to 100 patients to register under your caregiver members/ co-owners. You make a arbitrational agreement with each caregiver that you will provide patients for them, they just need to supply the product and be involved in the collective, taking shifts to meet patients and make sure they are satisfied with the medicines provided, also keeping patients informed of the law and any changes or voting that needed to be done to protect or rights as american citizens. #1 thing I think needs to change is how people in michigan word the usage of medical cannabis like for example Marijauna in califorina is illegal, but medical cannabis is legal, using professional medical terms will set a smooth sail through politicians and it is at least discrete. I have to tell you to that alot has changed in 15 yrs in soCal bud. I found buds on the street, litterally laying on the street that were better than the mexican the caregivers are pawning off as top shelf here, just to get rid of the illegal bunny muffin they had before they became legal? And then to find someone here to temperarily be a caregiver is not heard of. I am going to change this, you watch I will have my bacholers degree for business management in september of this yr and I will be stocked for a small collective with myself and my wife as caregivers, collecting caregivers with no patients and providing them with patients through my collective co-op with Cali Meds, with all the paper trail, from inventory to sales. I am headed back to San Diego soon so I will let you know how things are going if you are interested bud.

Back to the original question that started the thread: It seems to me that the best answer for a conservative or safe plan to follow the law would involve hanging plants whole to cure, with final trim and jarring happening only when 2.5 ounce per patient limits allow. The idea being to count the hanging plant as a plant, not in some mysterious, ill-defined grey zone that is neither plant nor usable product.

It leads me to envision extended hanging / curing of larger plants (already running larger plants due to 12 plant limits), hanging in a small sealed, humidity-controlled environment. I haven't tried it yet, but problems I foresee include:

• Is a dead hanging plant (hanging roots and all) still a plant, in relevant legal terms?
  • Reduced allowable count of flowering plants -- kind of a bummer to have to count curing weed as part of your 12 plants, but hey, that's the law.
  • Overdrying -- counteract this by sealing the environment and maintaining 50% humidity.
  • Excess air/oxygen exposed to curing buds -- counteract this with smallest possible space (sealed box?)

i like u already i hope this is also what will happen here

Archived