Gnat Control

Green92gsx

I've been infested pretty bad this weekend. With 5 rolls of fly tape in the air they have been living mostly on the base of my pots. I know the this was a result of over watering this week but does anyone have some good home brew remedies to use against them?

Are you growing in dirt? If you are, we point a fan at the top of the soil. It will keep the gnats from being able to land and breed. You will need to check for water needed more frequently, but it is DEFINITELY better than chemicals!

Use your fly strips to catch the ones there, and then keep them from making new babies. You should be rid of them in a few days.

I just reread your post, it sounds like you are growing in dirt. this should work!B)

I've read on the diatomacious earth and it does look interesting. Would you recommend adding to the mix of just powerding the surface? If it's cutting up bugs would it do the same to roots? Yes I'm using soil, Fox farm ocean forest. They are clearing up as the soil is almost dryed up but there still lerking all over. I think I'm going to try a 1/2 in of fine silica sand on top of the soil next to keep them gone hopefully for good.

I've been infested pretty bad this weekend. With 5 rolls of fly tape in the air they have been living mostly on the base of my pots. I know the this was a result of over watering this week but does anyone have some good home brew remedies to use against them?

I would use hot shots, it will take care of everything

Archived