A Plant's Sex

xxsesimeseedxx

How and when can you tell the difference between a male and female? Also, i always hear that males are bad to have in your room. Why is that? Are they bad for medicating?

The male plant is useless except for culling and using them for the making of BHO.

Females that get pollinated still stay potent but not as much if it wasn't enhanced to produce seeds though i know i just had some blueberry accidently cross with some god bud i am keeping all the seeds though for future experimentation.

The male plant is useless except for culling and using them for the making of BHO females that get pollinated still stay potent not as much if it wasn't enhanced to produce seeds though i know i just had some blueberry cross with some god bud i am keeping all the seeds though for future experimentation.

oh for sure....... keep a tight grip on THOSE beans ;)

You can herm a plant by light stressing it, although I am not sure if those will pass the herm gene. It's brought on by differing the light cycles, or having light leaks. So it's not a true herm, just something they all have incase the world goes to hell and the sun starts spinning out of control. lol Or something like that, then they want to make seeds any way possible... thus throwing a male flower or two.

This is just genius design by someone. ;)

yes, if you use the seeds of a hermaphrodite plant, your chances of having hermaphrodite offspring can be greatly enhanced.

HI, Newbe here I had some seed, seven of them from a blueberry bag (so good) well i put in dirt and got five girl's all so good smoke.Just saying you don't know what your getting .

HI, Newbe here I had some seed, seven of them from a blueberry bag (so good) well i put in dirt and got five girl's all so good smoke.Just saying you don't know what your getting .

Can you tell from looking at the seeds? I have some that I am going to try and I have no idea if they will be male or female, but since this will be my first grow in a few decades, I am going to sue these as they were free and see what I get and how it goes.

Can you tell from looking at the seeds? I have some that I am going to try and I have no idea if they will be male or female, but since this will be my first grow in a few decades, I am going to sue these as they were free and see what I get and how it goes.

if only there were :P

nope, no way to tell sex by looking at the seeds.

med_gallery_13801_60_23327.jpg

I guess what I do must be the Early sexing I hear people talk about. I go by the 2 green pokey things circled in the middle of the female plant above. Notice on the female how they stick straight up and grow real close to the plant (most times they will almost cross, think of a girl crossing her legs). On the male they grow apart and kinda away from the stalk.

This is how I sex. A male doesn't even get the CHANCE to pollinate my girls. lololol

I guess what I do must be the Early sexing I hear people talk about. I go by the 2 green pokey things circled in the middle of the female plant above. Notice on the female how they stick straight up and grow real close to the plant (most times they will almost cross, think of a girl crossing her legs). On the male they grow apart and kinda away from the stalk.

This is how I sex. A male doesn't even get the CHANCE to pollinate my girls. lololol

thats a very good method, and a lot of folks use it, but it is not 100% certain on every strain. for the sake of education i just didnt want anyone throwing away any plants before they were 100% POSITIVE ;)

you are totally correct though. nice addition :)

thats a very good method, and a lot of folks use it, but it is not 100% certain on every strain. for the sake of education i just didnt want anyone throwing away any plants before they were 100% POSITIVE ;)

you are totally correct though. nice addition :)

Thanks!

And, I agree some are more obvious that others. So, you could cull a female accidentally.

Some claim you can tell sex by looking at the seeds as in this chart.

Personally it's still a 50/50 chance with the seeds.

With a good eye you can tell the sex before flowering, but to be

100% sure you will need to start flowering and see what's what.

sexingseeds.jpg

Some claim you can tell sex by looking at the seeds as in this chart.

Personally it's still a 50/50 chance with the seeds.

With a good eye you can tell the sex before flowering, but to be

100% sure you will need to start flowering and see what's what.

sexingseeds.jpg

I was going to bring this up, but I haven't tried it before so I wasn't sure how accurate it is.

Every time I see it though, it reminds me of Eggplant. Because if you look at the bottom of an eggplant it's the same thing. You will either see a round or an oval depression. You want the oval ones for eggplant (opposite for this) because the female eggplants have seeds. And, they are more bitter.

Also, i always hear that males are bad to have in your room. Why is that? Are they bad for medicating?

I have to add some more info. Males are good why it is a way to take the characteristics of that plant and mix it with that of another female.I'll

give a few examples lets say you have a mother plant that is the whoop but the node space is far apart and buds are small.If you have a male of a

different strain and it has super close node structure and other plants of the same strain produce.If you let it pollinate your female you should

come across a bean that shares both qualitys So now its the whoop and it produces.You will get what they call different phenotypes and you take the

traits you like and mix them with others you like.And I have to add I've smoked some male plants before that where just as good as bud in taste

and feeling.But I've been stoned since the 3rd grade Cool buds and Tastey waves B)

Archived