Delivery Charge

jim420

10 lbs is a lil over the legal limit bro, Im not on no high horse, Ive had over 10 lbs many times, luckily I didnt get caught, can you go into more detail, i think you mite need better than a court appted attny. find matt ables number on here, I wish you luck, if you were in your legal limits you would be protected by the a.d defense, that is written into the law, Im not an attny, but you do need one better than court appted!

I dont beleive any one should be arrested for mmj, but unfortunatly po po's do, and they are going to say you are over your legal limit, you dr, rec makes you legal as far as im concerned, but it is not me that will be trying you, if it was me id send you a letter and tell you to medicate and enjoy the day, charges are dropped!

Peace and good luck!

Jim

10 lbs is a lil over the legal limit bro, Im not on no high horse, Ive had over 10 lbs many times, luckily I didnt get caught, can you go into more detail, i think you mite need better than a court appted attny. find matt ables number on here, I wish you luck, if you were in your legal limits you would be protected by the a.d defense, that is written into the law, Im not an attny, but you do need one better than court appted!

I dont beleive any one should be arrested for mmj, but unfortunatly po po's do, and they are going to say you are over your legal limit, you dr, rec makes you legal as far as im concerned, but it is not me that will be trying you, if it was me id send you a letter and tell you to medicate and enjoy the day, charges are dropped!

Peace and good luck!

Jim

thank you, my friend

Then you should be able to use the AD. I would make a copy of the law and educate your lawyer with it.

Not trying to be a thread stealer here, but am I correct in the understanding that the AD is only effective if one is within compliance of the standards of the Medical Marijuana act (2.5.oz, 12 plants or less) at time of arrest?

Not trying to be a thread stealer here, but am I correct in the understanding that the AD is only effective if one is within compliance of the standards of the Medical Marijuana act (2.5.oz, 12 plants or less) at time of arrest?

that may be right but it also Say's you can have enough as to not run out

Not quite. The purpose of the AD is to provide a defense for a medical need. If you can show a jury that you need 10 pounds for your own medical purposes, then the jury can find you not guilty. The AD was used in a recent trial of a man growing 42 plants. He had a log book and tried to show the jury that he needed the 42 plants to supply his medical needs. Unfortunately, the jury didn't buy it and he was found guilty.

IMHO, it's a two-part law. If you have a card, 12 plants or less, and/or 2.5 ounces or less, police are supposed to leave you be. If you go outside of this, but have a medical need that necessitates it, then you can use the AD.

Not quite. The purpose of the AD is to provide a defense for a medical need. If you can show a jury that you need 10 pounds for your own medical purposes, then the jury can find you not guilty. The AD was used in a recent trial of a man growing 42 plants. He had a log book and tried to show the jury that he needed the 42 plants to supply his medical needs. Unfortunately, the jury didn't buy it and he was found guilty.IMHO, it's a two-part law. If you have a card, 12 plants or less, and/or 2.5 ounces or less, police are supposed to leave you be. If you go outside of this, but have a medical need that necessitates it, then you can use the AD.

It's after the fact for me now, but thank you for this info. The first part of your post helps put my mind at ease that I didn't pursue an AD further. I would've been too chicken to test a jury, even though it only takes one "not guilty".

meeting with court app. lawyer 2-day

That is the worst option. Court Appointed attorneys usually don't give a rats azz about what happens to their "clients". Please get a good lawyer. It is worth the money. I heard that David Butler is great if you are in the Kalamazoo area. My buddy said it was the best $5,000 he ever spent when he was facing 14 years behind bars. I wish you the best of luck, and I will say a prayer for you. You are going to need it.

Incorrect. The AD section of the law has it's own limits that are different that the main law.

The limit is whatever is reasonable.

Archived