Email Reply From The State....

xxsesimeseedxx

Here is a recent email i sent to the state asking them why they take so long to get the MM cards out. They replied 2 days later. How so fast?!?!

Mr. Sesi:

The reason is simply that we have a limited staff of 3 people. We have

hundreds of applications coming in every day that need to be opened and

sorted, along with hundreds phone calls that need to be returned,

registry cards that need to be printed and mailed, applications that

need to be filed, correspondence that needs to be written, many emails

that need to be responded to, many people who walk in to drop off their

applications and have questions, and the various other office duties

that take up many hours of our day. Again, we only have 3 people to all

of this.

We apologize for the inconvenience to you. We are diligently processing

the applications as quickly as possible.

We are desperately waiting for more staff to be hired. Once this

happens, the backlog should then disappear. We all wish this would have

been done long ago, but unfortunately, we along with you, have had to

wait for the "higher-ups" to approve the hiring.

Regards,

Melissa M. Peters

Medical Marihuana Program Coordinator

Health Regulatory Division, Bureau of Health Professions

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this email

message, including any attachments, from the Michigan Department of

Community Health is intended solely for the use of the above named

recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution of any

confidential and/or privileged information contained in this email is

expressly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please

contact the sender by reply email and destroy any and all of the

original message.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2010 1:36 AM

To: BHP-MMMPINFO

Subject: registry cards

Hello.

I am writing this email to find out a specific reason as to why it takes

so long for people to receive their registry cards. I feel that I have

a right to know since I have been waiting approximately 3 months for

mine. Please reply as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.

Here is a recent email i sent to the state asking them why they take so long to get the MM cards out. They replied 2 days later. How so fast?!?!

Mr. Sesi:

The reason is simply that we have a limited staff of 3 people. We have

hundreds of applications coming in every day that need to be opened and

sorted, along with hundreds phone calls that need to be returned,

registry cards that need to be printed and mailed, applications that

need to be filed, correspondence that needs to be written, many emails

that need to be responded to, many people who walk in to drop off their

applications and have questions, and the various other office duties

that take up many hours of our day. Again, we only have 3 people to all

of this.

We apologize for the inconvenience to you. We are diligently processing

the applications as quickly as possible.

We are desperately waiting for more staff to be hired. Once this

happens, the backlog should then disappear. We all wish this would have

been done long ago, but unfortunately, we along with you, have had to

wait for the "higher-ups" to approve the hiring.

Regards,

Melissa M. Peters

Medical Marihuana Program Coordinator

Health Regulatory Division, Bureau of Health Professions

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this email

message, including any attachments, from the Michigan Department of

Community Health is intended solely for the use of the above named

recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution of any

confidential and/or privileged information contained in this email is

expressly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please

contact the sender by reply email and destroy any and all of the

original message.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2010 1:36 AM

To: BHP-MMMPINFO

Subject: registry cards

Hello.

I am writing this email to find out a specific reason as to why it takes

so long for people to receive their registry cards. I feel that I have

a right to know since I have been waiting approximately 3 months for

mine. Please reply as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.

R u serious 3 fin people its been 2years this has been law they still havent hired any body, i say all the people that have been messed with file a class action law suit aginest the state WTF

333.26429 Failure of department to adopt rules or issue valid registry identification card.

9. Enforcement of this Act.

Sec. 9. (a) If the department fails to adopt rules to implement this act within 120 days of the effective date of this act, a qualifying patient may commence an action in the circuit court for the county of Ingham to compel the department to perform the actions mandated pursuant to the provisions of this act.

(B) If the department fails to issue a valid registry identification card in response to a valid application or renewal submitted pursuant to this act within 20 days of its submission, the registry identification card shall be deemed granted, and a copy of the registry identification application or renewal shall be deemed a valid registry identification card.

© If at any time after the 140 days following the effective date of this act the department is not accepting applications, including if it has not created rules allowing qualifying patients to submit applications, a notarized statement by a qualifying patient containing the information required in an application, pursuant to section 6(a)(3)-(6) together with a written certification, shall be deemed a valid registry identification card.

History: 2008, Initiated Law 1, Eff. Dec. 4, 2008

Compiler's Notes: MCL 333.26430 of Initiated Law 1 of 2008 provides:10

sooooo in otherwords people asking email questions are slowing things down? LOL Sorry I couldnt help it! Good to hear you can get thru to them by email if needed.. could I have thier email addy pls? a freind i know wants to ask them a CG question.

Not quite sure if emails are slowing them down. It's just a bit aggravating that they can respond THAT fast when they supposedly only have 3 employees. Heres the address should you wish to slow them down even more.... bhp-mmmpinfo@michigan.gov

R u serious 3 fin people its been 2years this has been law they still havent hired any body, i say all the people that have been messed with file a class action law suit aginest the state WTF

333.26429 Failure of department to adopt rules or issue valid registry identification card.

9. Enforcement of this Act.

Sec. 9. (a) If the department fails to adopt rules to implement this act within 120 days of the effective date of this act, a qualifying patient may commence an action in the circuit court for the county of Ingham to compel the department to perform the actions mandated pursuant to the provisions of this act.

(B) If the department fails to issue a valid registry identification card in response to a valid application or renewal submitted pursuant to this act within 20 days of its submission, the registry identification card shall be deemed granted, and a copy of the registry identification application or renewal shall be deemed a valid registry identification card.

© If at any time after the 140 days following the effective date of this act the department is not accepting applications, including if it has not created rules allowing qualifying patients to submit applications, a notarized statement by a qualifying patient containing the information required in an application, pursuant to section 6(a)(3)-(6) together with a written certification, shall be deemed a valid registry identification card.

History: 2008, Initiated Law 1, Eff. Dec. 4, 2008

Compiler's Notes: MCL 333.26430 of Initiated Law 1 of 2008 provides:10

I am very interested in joining a class action law suit if someone knows how to start one. I sure don't.

Why should we send them a ton of Emails to slow them down?

That is just childish....

Class action law suit for what?

They are not breaking any laws, if anything the police are by not accepting paperwork

BUT

They cant verify it so I see their side as well.

They are not breaking any laws, if anything the police are by not accepting paperwork

I'm very surprised to see anyone here that believes that the MDCH is not in violation of the new law.

The law allows them only 20 days .. no excuses are allowed within the law.

They are in clear violation of the law.

No, it says if they do not get it done in 20 days the paperwork is your card.

It does not say they only have 20 days to issue it to you.

The 120 days was for them to start taking and processing applications which they did.....

Read the whole law and don't pick and choose sections.

No the system is not perfect, yes it sucks there is a big delay BUT as I said they covered their six by stating paperwork is

your card after 20 days.

Lets work on improving the current system instead of bitching about it and fighting it every step of the way.

You could live in the other 70% of the US which does not have ANY MMJ laws at all....

Again, lets all be thankful for what we have. Lets take the opportunity if front of us to make sure we are heard, it is election

season... Contact you candidates, find out their stance on MMJ and use that heavily when deciding who to cast your vote for.

Make sure the candidates know this is very important to you. Get out in the streets and help those candidates get into office

I'm very surprised to see anyone here that believes that the MDCH is not in violation of the new law.

The law allows them only 20 days .. no excuses are allowed within the law.

They are in clear violation of the law.

Amen Peanutbutter.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Mizerman

p.s. I have some serious decisions to make in the next week or so about things pertaining to MDCH/MMP

No, it says if they do not get it done in 20 days the paperwork is your card.

It does not say they only have 20 days to issue it to you.

The 120 days was for them to start taking and processing applications which they did.....

Read the whole law and don't pick and choose sections.

No the system is not perfect, yes it sucks there is a big delay BUT as I said they covered their six by stating paperwork is

your card after 20 days.

Lets work on improving the current system instead of bitching about it and fighting it every step of the way.

You could live in the other 70% of the US which does not have ANY MMJ laws at all....

Again, lets all be thankful for what we have. Lets take the opportunity if front of us to make sure we are heard, it is election

season... Contact you candidates, find out their stance on MMJ and use that heavily when deciding who to cast your vote for.

Make sure the candidates know this is very important to you. Get out in the streets and help those candidates get into office

All of that stuff you are giving the MDCH credit for are there because of the law. Not the MDCH.

The MDCH tried to remove many of the rights and privileges the law granted us.

Most of their attempt to usurp the voters failed on 1/5/2009.

The law requires the MDCH to issue the ID card within 15 days. It isn't by the good graces of the MDCH that they will attempt to do their job.

The law requires the paperwork is the ID card if the MDCH FAILS IN THEIR JOB

The only reason that any ID cards have been issued AT ALL is because the law requires if of them.

Our right to apply for and get an ID card is by force of the law and voter. Not the good graces of the MDCH.

Well you fight the law and I will fight to improve it.

I wish you luck in your battle.

As I said while I agree it is flawed I am thankful for what we have that 70% of the US doesnt

and will fight to improve it.

please tell me your grand ideas to "improve the law". If they cant and wont act on the law in place i see your improvements having no more effect than sitting on our proverbial azzes and doing nothing. when i was a teen my parents told me u cant fight city hall, you have to work with them. Ive got 12 plants 2 400 watt hps that says i can not only fight city hall.... but i can and did win.

How did you fight city hall?

What did you have to do with the law being enacted? Were you on the streets getting signatures?

I was

Were you at meetings?

I was

What am I doing to help improve things???

I am supporting politicians who support us and our cause.

I support everyone who goes to the rallys.

I educate others who are not aware of the benefits of MMJ

So, what are you doing other than complaining on a board?

What I don't understand is how are some getting their renewals in a timely manner and some are still waiting?.......Any word on whether they are adding time to existing cards during the waiting period?.....Melissa told me back in March that they were going to extend the expiration date on current cards while the renewals were being processed....HJ

What I don't understand is how are some getting their renewals in a timely manner and some are still waiting?.......Any word on whether they are adding time to existing cards during the waiting period?.....Melissa told me back in March that they were going to extend the expiration date on current cards while the renewals were being processed....HJ

I think its crap, that right now, I can be arrested, arraigned, processed, sent to jail, because the MDCH has not sent my card, then when I do get my card, I will only be good for 2/3 of a year, and not even that (132 days and waiting.) for me. I WANT MY CARD AND I WANTED IT 110 DAYS AGO!!!

Sure would be nice to be a card holder for a full year before having to do this headache all over again. Makes me wonder why in the hell I signed up in the first place. Nothing has changed, LEO can still kick my door in, claim ignorance of the law, and haul me off to the pokie. When will it stop? When will they take up seriously? This is just such BS, maybe it belongs in the conspiracy thread... I would sign up on a class action suit against the state for mental anguish, torture. Especially when I see their email reply to someone was that 'Some police will not respect the validity of paperwork even though it's the law' What kind of BS is that? It's sooo much BS that I just can't swallow that bite down. Something has to be done, now. Maybe if we all volunteered to help them get the applications processed? I bet we could have fifty people at their office tomorrow morning. My Dad used to tell me, "If you want something done right...... Do it yourself."

They Only have 3 employees(what happens if 1 or 2 them calls in sick or takes a day off?) and hundreds of applications coming in a day! That is not right at all. I'm also reading that some of the people are getting their renewals in a timely fashion. If people are paying an application fee ($100 or $25 I think) where is all the money going? If they get 100 applications in a day then they are cashing in between $2,500-$10,000 a day......and they can't afford to hire extra help???????? I think someone has a hole in their pockets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think they have all the applications stored in a pinata. When they first come to work they hit the pinata with a stick 3 times and what ever falls out is what they work on for the day........LOL!!!

Or maybe they could be self-medicating!!!

I would like the see the numbers from MDCH on how many of each were received, processed.

17,362 patient registrations issued.

I used 16,000 patients, of them I am guessing that 10,000 people payed 25.00$, and 6000 people payed 100.00$

10,000 patients times 25.00$ = 250,000.00$

6000 patients times 100.00$ = 600,000.00$

But the number is

32,830 original and renewal applications received since April 6, 2009.
and all these people PAYED the fee of 25.00$ or 100.00$. They HAVE the money to hire a few temps to clear the back log, then hire someone full time if needed after that. They HAVE the money to of bought new printers.... Why cant they get there cards out to us? Do the employees make around 250,000.00$ a year? So the numbers I used above are most likely doubled, yet they still cant issue cards in a timely fashion. Timely in not waiting 133 days....

They Only have 3 employees(what happens if 1 or 2 them calls in sick or takes a day off?) and hundreds of applications coming in a day! That is not right at all. I'm also reading that some of the people are getting their renewals in a timely fashion. If people are paying an application fee ($100 or $25 I think) where is all the money going? If they get 100 applications in a day then they are cashing in between $2,500-$10,000 a day......and they can't afford to hire extra help???????? I think someone has a hole in their pockets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think you are right about the money i wish we could keep it in the system for us to use for research on MMJ but know they just keep it and who knows were it go's from their

The way government works, there's always more than one solution to every problem. The department is getting more applications than it can handle on a daily basis. Obviously, even at the discounted rate of $25 per application, they would have the money to hire more. According to recently published comments, they're now getting about 1000 applications a WEEK! That's a lot of patients. And I think that the solution we'd like to see is them getting through the applications in a timely manner, so patients get their cards quickly. They could either: 1) Hire more people, or 2) Make sure there's fewer applications.

It's the Michigan Department of Community Health, Bureau of Health Professionals Licensing.... It's the same agency that oversees the doctors. You go after them, the problem gets fixed. But the solution may not be what you're looking for. For example, they could chose to put limits on the doctors as far as how many certifications they could approve. It's within their power. They control the licensing of physicians.

It's the way government works, the complainant is often punished in a round about way, even if they're right. So we should all be careful what we wish for.

Yea, well, if the State decided to LIMIT doctors on how many certifications they gave out, they would have A LOT more to battle with. The Drs that are giving out these certs ARE pro mj and ARE compassionate about the ill people wishing to use MJ as their form of medicine. I DARE the state to try and put a limit on how many certs can be given out. The compassionate drs will (hopefully) unite and fight the state. And IMO, these drs will have a better chance of winning than us patients/cgs because they have MONEY!

Archived