Email Reply From The State....

xxsesimeseedxx

They already have come after a couple of doctors. Dr May had his license rescinded and all of his patients had their cards revoked.

I have not heard a thing about getting cards revoked... I got my recommendation from Dr. May on Jan. 14th. I did hear that he is no longer allowed to pratice modern medicine as of March 23rd or something like that, but everything before that was good, from what I know.

I went to my first Public compassion club meeting to do alittle networking and the speaker their said that ALL the money this program has recieved is being dumped into other programs that has nothing to do with MMJ. If this is true than that's so f'd up!!!!!!!!!!!

So out of $850,000 they can't hire an adequate staff to process applications? This seriously needs to be addressed!

From what I understand Dr Mays situation had nothing to do with Cannabis.

It has been implied he was writing for large amounts of various controlled substances.

First I have heard of his patients having problems but I guess it makes sense.

I feel bad for those people who spent their money there and have to do it again.

From what I understand Dr Mays situation had nothing to do with Cannabis.

It has been implied he was writing for large amounts of various controlled substances.

First I have heard of his patients having problems but I guess it makes sense.

I feel bad for those people who spent their money there and have to do it again.

I feel sorry for the people that do, but I know of 6 or so people around here that went to Dr. May, one of them has gotten there card, I am waiting as are the other 4. Only 1 person was contacted from the MDCH and that was for a mistake in paperwork, nothing to do with Dr. May . I wonder if there is a cut off date for what Dr. May was good for? I think it was March 23 if I remember the post right. Everyone around here seen him Jan 14th or before (some paperwork could not be sent to the MDCH because of money issues). But other than that, so far we have been good...

No, it says if they do not get it done in 20 days the paperwork is your card.

It does not say they only have 20 days to issue it to you.

The 120 days was for them to start taking and processing applications which they did.....

Read the whole law and don't pick and choose sections.

No the system is not perfect, yes it sucks there is a big delay BUT as I said they covered their six by stating paperwork is

your card after 20 days.

Lets work on improving the current system instead of bitching about it and fighting it every step of the way.

You could live in the other 70% of the US which does not have ANY MMJ laws at all....

Again, lets all be thankful for what we have. Lets take the opportunity if front of us to make sure we are heard, it is election

season... Contact you candidates, find out their stance on MMJ and use that heavily when deciding who to cast your vote for.

Make sure the candidates know this is very important to you. Get out in the streets and help those candidates get into office

are u really defending these people its been 2years and u say there doing there job?!

The 120 days was for them to start taking and processing applications which they did.....

Read the whole law and don't pick and choose sections.

ya ok they are accepting applications but they are taking 5-6 mo to do so that is in violation i have read this law front to back word for word and have consulted attrnys

Sec. 9. (a) If the department fails to adopt rules to implement this act within 120 days of the effective date of this act, a qualifying patient may commence an action in the circuit court for the county of Ingham to compel the department to perform the actions mandated pursuant to the provisions of this act.

u said ure self "the 120 days was for them to start taking and processing they cant process apps with 3 people

sorry but i disagree with u and so do alot of other people

(B) If the department fails to issue a valid registry identification card in response to a valid application or renewal submitted pursuant to this act within 20 days of its submission, the registry identification card shall be deemed granted, and a copy of the registry identification application or renewal shall be deemed a valid registry identification card.

this is what LEO is dening this is also BULL the patient is legal after 20 days people are being arested and drug thru the system and are legal the LAW is in black and white right here there is no room for semintry its the f'in law and it IS being broken by the MDCH AND LEO

I went to my first Public compassion club meeting to do alittle networking and the speaker their said that ALL the money this program has recieved is being dumped into other programs that has nothing to do with MMJ. If this is true than that's so f'd up!!!!!!!!!!!

So out of $850,000 they can't hire an adequate staff to process applications? This seriously needs to be addressed!

[/quote/]

almost try 1.4 millon 14,000 applications @ $100 ya id say they can hire a staff of 100 for that and have money to finish our roads ya u know what the money is going twords F'in campaighn contubutions who knows darn SURE AINT BEING APPLYED TO THE MDCH APPS BEING PROCESSED

Here is what I propose, I know it'll never fly, but this could be a way to force the MDCH into compliance...

For each day after the 20 day initial period, fine the state $1 for each day they are late in issueing the cards, for the first 30 days that they are late. Then after the 30 day period, double the fine to $2 a day. And after 30 days at that rate, start fining the MDCH and the state of Michigan $5 a day...you can bet that they would fix the system within a week if such were ordered by a court.

The courts can work in our favor, for a change...

Peace...Doug

Here is a recent email i sent to the state asking them why they take so long to get the MM cards out. They replied 2 days later. How so fast?!?!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this email

message, including any attachments, from the Michigan Department of

Community Health is intended solely for the use of the above named

recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution of any

confidential and/or privileged information contained in this email is

expressly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please

contact the sender by reply email and destroy any and all of the

original message.

I probably would have just summarized this letter in my own words rather than posting it lol

Archived