Aclu Meeting Tonight

Meeting tonight, the 1st Wednesdays of the month at 7:00 pm: People's Church, 10th Street, Kalamazoo.

All are encouraged to make an appearance tonight with us at their meeting.

Don't know what's on the agenda, just showing up.

The ACLU Southwestern Branch is comprised of Allegan, Berrien, Calhoun, Cass, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph, and Van Buren Counties.

Join us!

Two of us attended the Board Meeting of the SW Michigan Branch of the ACLU tonight. We arrived early and spoke with a few board members introducing ourselves as Compassion Club Board members.

There were 10 ACLU board members in attendance at the meeting. Due to our presence there, medical marijuana seemed to be a focal point. Jim Rodbard, Attorney at Law and ACLU Board Member updated the Board on recent medical marijuana patient problems encountered with law enforcement in regard to the relatively new Medical Mairjuana Act.

Jim also told the Board that at the State Board meeting of the ACLU a week from Satuday, there will be a lenthy discussion on how they can intercede in some of the local ordiance violations and medical marijuana patient's rights. The ACLU at the state level has agreed to represent at no charge plantiffs who are interested in challenging the Decatur and City of Grand Rapids unconstitutional ordinances related to medical marijuana. So, if anyone is interested in litigating either of these ordinances, feel free to pm me and I will make the appropriate connection.

We were given the opportunity to introduce BCCC and promote Compassion Clubs in general to the Board. They were limited in their knowledge of Compassion Club's purposes and were very receptive and engaged in discussions with us. The door has been opened and we look forward to working together to advocate for patient's rights on local levels. The meeting lasted for an hour and a half and was pretty laid back. Glad we attended.

Two of us attended the Board Meeting of the SW Michigan Branch of the ACLU tonight. We arrived early and spoke with a few board members introducing ourselves as Compassion Club Board members.

There were 10 ACLU board members in attendance at the meeting. Due to our presence there, medical marijuana seemed to be a focal point. Jim Rodbard, Attorney at Law and ACLU Board Member updated the Board on recent medical marijuana patient problems encountered with law enforcement in regard to the relatively new Medical Mairjuana Act.

Jim also told the Board that at the State Board meeting of the ACLU a week from Satuday, there will be a lenthy discussion on how they can intercede in some of the local ordiance violations and medical marijuana patient's rights. The ACLU at the state level has agreed to represent at no charge plantiffs who are interested in challenging the Decatur and City of Grand Rapids unconstitutional ordinances related to medical marijuana. So, if anyone is interested in litigating either of these ordinances, feel free to pm me and I will make the appropriate connection.

We were given the opportunity to introduce BCCC and promote Compassion Clubs in general to the Board. They were limited in their knowledge of Compassion Club's purposes and were very receptive and engaged in discussions with us. The door has been opened and we look forward to working together to advocate for patient's rights on local levels. The meeting lasted for an hour and a half and was pretty laid back. Glad we attended.

thankssmile.gif i know the ACLU is helping out in are case biggrin.gif

Thanks for the 2 of you making it and doing a good job on the representation of our community. I can't make to many things in the next month or so because of family problems going on but could you give me a link to any meeting ? Thanks for what you and your group does :tup:

Archived