Eye Hortilux 600 Watt Hps Vs Agro Sun 1000 Watt Hps

Kingdiamond

Due to power bill and heat concerns i downgraded my wattage in my flower box from 1000 to 600 watts in just one week of flowering with the hortilux eye bulb the colors are just bursting out of my ladies buds ! :o

Who would think that this bulb could enhance flowering that much ? :blink:

Due to power bill and heat concerns i downgraded my wattage in my flower box from 1000 to 600 watts in just one week of flowering with the hortilux eye bulb the colors are just bursting out of my ladies buds ! :o

Who would think that this bulb could enhance flowering that much ? :blink:

I am a huge believer in the 600 Watt Enhanced Spectrum Eye Hortilux bulbs, they are absolutely amazing.

I am a huge believer in the 600 Watt Enhanced Spectrum Eye Hortilux bulbs, they are absolutely amazing.

Have you completed a grow with this bulb?

From what i have seen in just one week i think everyone needs to be using this companys product.

I started out with Eye Hortilux 400w and then bought a 600w Eye Hortilux, my buds are tight, thick, but then I have a secret too, I progress my plants so that they go from 400 the first 2 weeks to 2 or 3 weeks under the 600 and then I put it right between the two lights to make a force of a 1000w. People are freaked that my plants looks so nice with just a 400 and 600, but I tell them, the idea is to rotate them until they are in full force. When I started I used Florecents. Omg! In almost one year I have graduated from dirt to hydro (bubbleponics)I bought the Eye Hortilux because they were more expensive and I reasoned that sometimes more expensive will give you more rewards also. I do think that it would be a wise investment, but I do have a regular 400w in my drawer in case I need a spare! LOL Nothing but the best for my girls. I am a caregiver and must achieve the highest grade quality to honor my patient.

Have you completed a grow with this bulb?

From what i have seen in just one week i think everyone needs to be using this companys product.

Yes. The results where much better than any 1000 watt I have used in the past. The canopy penetration is great, and they produce very little heat compared to any 1000 watt bulb I have ever tried.

Yes. The results where much better than any 1000 watt I have used in the past. The canopy penetration is great, and they produce very little heat compared to any 1000 watt bulb I have every tried.

Nice im hoping for a good harvest and some colorfull fruity buds!

Week 6 of 12-12

img00335.jpg

img00343j.jpg

img00338.jpg

Guest Wayne

Any recommendations as far as light meters? Any models that keep a record over a days time or more? I'm wanting to measure available sunlight throughout the day to determine what if any supplemental lighting I may want to use.

I use 2 430 HPS's and they work great, decent penetration though the canopy. I have 1 Eye hortilux and 1 Sun Agro, I have a bunch of 4x4 panels of Mylar covered frames put together to make 7x4 area to flower in, and the2 lights cover the area perfectly. A window shaker (small 110 unit 6000 btu) mounted thru the wall cools the room quite easily.

SunPulse > Hortilux

I recently did a side by side test with two bulbs operating on two of the exact same Lumatek ballasts, Hortilux 600w HPS vs. SunPulse 600w 3000K Pulse Start Metal Halide.

I had two custom built grow boxes setup. Both were 3.5 ft x 3.5 ft x 6 ft lined with Mylar an all interior sides and top. Exactly the same setup, exactly the same medium and watering solutions. 2 plants per box. 2 strains. So that's 4 plants total 2 strains. They were all clones from the same plants for each pair so they were all the same phenotypes, respectively. All grown in 3 Gal. grow bags (just for the test because I didn't want to use a lot of soil, normally use 5 Gal. buckets.). The only variable was the bulbs. One was Hortilux the other was the SunPulse. Now naturally I was thinking right from the get go that this Metal Halide wasn't going to produce squat compared to the HPS because it doesn't put out nearly the same lumens as the HPS. BOY WAS I SUPRISED.

Not only did the SunPulse 600w have a higher yield per plant but the growth rate was faster and overall plant development was far more robust. Calyx (flower) development was OUTSTANDING under this bulb. Each of the same strains produced substancially more dense bud formations under the SunPulse compared to the Hortilux. Everything was much more fully developed under the SunPulse. Even the aromas were more pronounced.

To give you an idea of the yield differences, here's the exact dry yields under the respective bulbs:

Hortilux

Plant 1 - 2 Ozs

Plant 2 - 2.5 Ozs

SunPulse

Plant 1 - 2.6 Ozs!

Plant 2 - 3.2 Ozs!

Some significant increases indeed! I have a picture of the 3.2 Oz plant in my gallery. I had to tie it up to keep it from falling over! biggrin.gif The image is low quality but it gives you an idea of what the plants looked like and what not. I know it would have been better to show comparison pictures but unfortunately I didn't think of this until after I started chopping them all up. I was ecstatic so I got ahead of myself. But please don't let the absence of that aspect of credibility discourage you from at the very least doing a little research into these bulbs.

I did no special training or tying down of an sort. I flowered them naturally.

The yield increases came from all the lower branches I presume. All the lower branches grown under the SunPulse had SIGNIFICANTLY more dense development on them compared to the plants grown under the Hortilux. I was absolutely astonished to see this type of result from simply changing the bulb.

The story behind why I chose to pit the two bulbs up against eachother is a long one but to make a long story short, the Sun Pulse Lamps ALL come with 2 yr MANUFACTURER warranties when you use them with certified ballasts!! That's right folks! CERTIFIED bulbs with WARRANTIES! 2 YEAR WARRANTY at that!!

Hortilux offers NOTHING like it. So I decided to see what kind of a cut back in yield I would expect from the bulb. Boy did it make me happy when this bulb actually outperformed the Hortilux!!!

Do yourself a favor, go to www.sunpulselamps.com and READ READ READ. Read thier ENTIRE literature section and you'll learn like I did why these bulbs perform the way they do. This is not necessarily new technology but it's new to the horticultural scene because these bulbs were exclusive to large scale coral reef breeders and other scientific purposes. They are truly a diamond in the rock. The downfall is they are expensive. It's around $130 for the 600w 3K PSMH bulb. But the warranty should pretty much clear up any kind of price discrepancies you may have... lol

http://www.sunpulselamps.com/ - "Sun Pulse makes the only Digital Lamps for certified HID Electronic & Digital Electronic Ballasts. Sun Pulse Lamps are made with US intellectual properties and the highest quality, globally sourced components."

I'm telling you, if you want to grow the absolute BEST medicine possible you pretty much NEED this bulb. And if you use Digital/Electronic ballasts and you don't pick one of these bulbs up, you're a fool!

I'm letting this secret go because I think all of us deserve the absolute best.

SunPulse > Hortilux

I recently did a side by side test with two bulbs operating on two of the exact same Lumatek ballasts, Hortilux 600w HPS vs. SunPulse 600w 3000K Pulse Start Metal Halide.

I had two custom built grow boxes setup. Both were 3.5 ft x 3.5 ft x 6 ft lined with Mylar an all interior sides and top. Exactly the same setup, exactly the same medium and watering solutions. 2 plants per box. 2 strains. So that's 4 plants total 2 strains. They were all clones from the same plants for each pair so they were all the same phenotypes, respectively. All grown in 3 Gal. grow bags (just for the test because I didn't want to use a lot of soil, normally use 5 Gal. buckets.). The only variable was the bulbs. One was Hortilux the other was the SunPulse. Now naturally I was thinking right from the get go that this Metal Halide wasn't going to produce squat compared to the HPS because it doesn't put out nearly the same lumens as the HPS. BOY WAS I SUPRISED.

Not only did the SunPulse 600w have a higher yield per plant but the growth rate was faster and overall plant development was far more robust. Calyx (flower) development was OUTSTANDING under this bulb. Each of the same strains produced substancially more dense bud formations under the SunPulse compared to the Hortilux. Everything was much more fully developed under the SunPulse. Even the aromas were more pronounced.

To give you an idea of the yield differences, here's the exact dry yields under the respective bulbs:

Hortilux

Plant 1 - 2 Ozs

Plant 2 - 2.5 Ozs

SunPulse

Plant 1 - 2.6 Ozs!

Plant 2 - 3.2 Ozs!

Some significant increases indeed! I have a picture of the 3.2 Oz plant in my gallery. I had to tie it up to keep it from falling over! biggrin.gif The image is low quality but it gives you an idea of what the plants looked like and what not. I know it would have been better to show comparison pictures but unfortunately I didn't think of this until after I started chopping them all up. I was ecstatic so I got ahead of myself. But please don't let the absence of that aspect of credibility discourage you from at the very least doing a little research into these bulbs.

I did no special training or tying down of an sort. I flowered them naturally.

The yield increases came from all the lower branches I presume. All the lower branches grown under the SunPulse had SIGNIFICANTLY more dense development on them compared to the plants grown under the Hortilux. I was absolutely astonished to see this type of result from simply changing the bulb.

The story behind why I chose to pit the two bulbs up against eachother is a long one but to make a long story short, the Sun Pulse Lamps ALL come with 2 yr MANUFACTURER warranties when you use them with certified ballasts!! That's right folks! CERTIFIED bulbs with WARRANTIES! 2 YEAR WARRANTY at that!!

Hortilux offers NOTHING like it. So I decided to see what kind of a cut back in yield I would expect from the bulb. Boy did it make me happy when this bulb actually outperformed the Hortilux!!!

Do yourself a favor, go to www.sunpulselamps.com and READ READ READ. Read thier ENTIRE literature section and you'll learn like I did why these bulbs perform the way they do. This is not necessarily new technology but it's new to the horticultural scene because these bulbs were exclusive to large scale coral reef breeders and other scientific purposes. They are truly a diamond in the rock. The downfall is they are expensive. It's around $130 for the 600w 3K PSMH bulb. But the warranty should pretty much clear up any kind of price discrepancies you may have... lol

http://www.sunpulselamps.com/ - "Sun Pulse makes the only Digital Lamps for certified HID Electronic & Digital Electronic Ballasts. Sun Pulse Lamps are made with US intellectual properties and the highest quality, globally sourced components."

I'm telling you, if you want to grow the absolute BEST medicine possible you pretty much NEED this bulb. And if you use Digital/Electronic ballasts and you don't pick one of these bulbs up, you're a fool!

I'm letting this secret go because I think all of us deserve the absolute best.

I too went with the Sunpulse bulbs and i think they are great.

I started with the 4k bulb for early veg then switched to 6.4k for

the majority of veg. I have the 3k bulb in there now for flowering

THey look great) and i will finish with the 10k bulb.

In fact ..I have and unused Hortilux 600 HPS red/orange that i would

like to sell. It is unused. any offers. it.s a $129 bulb

Hmmm interesting!

I was looking at the Hortilux but there were just little things here and there

I was unhappy with.

The Sunpulse seems to cover most of them but how the heck to figure out which bulbs to get!!!

running 1000 watts for sure (4X8 tent)

Any suggestion as to how many for a 4X8 and which 1000 w Sunpulse for which stage?

SunPulse offers an array of bulbs that peak at different spectrums, so that you can adjust or enhance the way you want your plants to grow.

Single bulb applications work excellent as well! Better or equal to HPS from my experience.

As far as how many bulbs you should go with well, rule of thumb -

600w - 3.5ft x 3.5ft area

1000w - 4.5ft x 4.5ft area

What I would do if I were you (what my ULTIMATE goal is), is purchase two GrowZillas, two 1000w 3000K PSMH bulbs, and two 600w 10000K bulbs. (The GrowZilla is an air-cooled dual-bulb reflector.) Then mix them up in each reflector so you have full spectrum bulbs with the 3K boost and then the 10K full spectrum bulb with UVb production. So there would be 1600w in each reflector. Each with the ultimate cannabis bloom phase spectrum! Run them in-line with one another on a closed ventilation system that is seperate from the grow rooms airflow. I think this would provide the UTLIMATE 4.5ft x 4.5ft coverage.

Also, I'm not sure what you use for vegetative phase but personally I don't want to be burning huge expensive lights for vegetative phase because with my vegetative phase being so short, it's simply not necessary. For vegetative phase I use the next best bulbs that produce the next best spectral output, High Output T5s... I mix the bulbs 3K and 6K for vege phase.

The absolute BEST situation would be a combination of bulbs... Either HPS+MH, which is ok and produces decent results, or an array of the SunPulse bulbs, which would give you so much coverage of the visual AND nonvisual spectrum you wouldn't believe it... Either way it's essentially the same concept, full spectrum, all the way.

The fact of the matter is, typical MH bulbs don't produce a full spectrum at all and niether do typical HPS bulbs. They both produce specific spectrums with maximum VISIBILITY (maximum lumens) in mind... This is done so the bulbs illuminate brighter to the naked eye, therefor allowing us to see more... The problem is, the light that illuminates brightly like that, is the light that the plants use the least of within the visible spectrum, on BOTH ends of the spectrum with MH and HPS... Remember, Lumens are for humans... Together HPS+MH just produces a lot of the wrong spectrums (nanometers) within the visible spectrum...(some of the good too though, no doubt.)

SunPulse has made it so each bulb is essentially a full spectrum bulb, but tuned to produce more light in certain spectrums if you want to alter the growth based on how the plant responds to the INCREASE in the spectrum, not a decrease.

Each SunPulse Pulse Start Metal Halide produces an almost complete full spectrum. They offer a bulb that covers the non-visible spectrum so you get absolute complete spectral output (10000K). Unfortunately yes, to get the absolute best results, or to get all the boosted spectrums, and to cover the ENTIRE spectrum you would have to purchase more than one bulb...

Used at different stages of growth, the different bulbs can enhance growth in ways that can benefit the farmer because each bulb contains a boosted spectrum of a specific spectrum without loosing the other spectrums. All of them used at once they will cover the entire visible with boosted light energy at ever spectrum (not too much though) and non-visible light spectrum.

I recommend the 3000K for a single bulb application. It is tuned with a spectral boost in the red spectrum to simulate a drop in light energy without the loss of the other spectrums (except the non-visible, of course.)... Now the 10000K bulb produces LOTS of UV rays that really help boost "essential oils"(resin/trichomes)... UV Rays have been linked to increased trichome development. I want one but for now all I can afford are the reptile UVB 10.0 bulbs I have.

Other than that the decision is yours. Go to the store, check them out, look at the box it'll explain a few things as well.

Archived