400 Watt Hps Wiring?

Snakeman_55

I have 3 400 watt hps ballast with sockets attached to wire in. The questions I have is would it be better to wire them in with 220 or 110? Also I'm looking at using either an inline timer or switches the timer for sure if I go 110. I'd like to wire these all on the same circuit and not separate ones. Will 10 gauge wire be sufficient to handle 3 inline?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Run 12-2 at 220v. Or if you want a single 20a 120v circuit can run 3 400w without a problem. I like 220 myself.

Normally ballasts require a 20a receptacle, #10 probably won't even fit under the screws. Fyi.

12/3 at 220v.... Right?? 2 hot, neutral and ground.... And I would definetily agree that 220v is the way to wire any higher amp load circuit. Most equipment runs more efficiently wired that way, witch means less operating stress on your equipment!!! Note... You will only see a very small $$ return at the electric meter if you choose to wire 220v compared to 110v... not a huge savings by any means, but the smoother running equipment alone is worth it.. B) Make sure to choose a good quality, commercial grade, double pole single throw timer. Sounds like you have some good genetics on the way.... Good luck!!! If you ever have questions were always here... Peace, Love, and Big Buds

Archived