Parents Basement?

V11Coppa

My son, who has had his CG status and patients for a while and is in the process of moving, and while in transit would like to start some seedlings/cuttings in my basement for several weeks until he is in his new location. He still has my address listed on his drivers license and home of record (licenses is PO Box). While he is covered where he lives, what protection extends to me while he is in my house temporarily? Any resources to where I can find more specific legal advice if needed?

I believe as long as he only has a grow in one place & he is the only one with access ( locked) you will be okay. He should keep a copy of his cards & paperwork at the grow site. If you get a visit, they will surly go to his new place next to see that he is in compliance.

He can't have 2 grows even if some are just seedlings.

I believe as long as he only has a grow in one place & he is the only one with access ( locked) you will be okay. He should keep a copy of his cards & paperwork at the grow site. If you get a visit, they will surly go to his new place next to see that he is in compliance.

What if he is out of town for a few days and leaves keys with me or wife to water turn lights on/off provided paperwork is all in order and present? Wife has applied for patient status but that would only count for 12 plants. I think he wants to start seedlings commensurate with his patient count.

What if he is out of town for a few days and leaves keys with me or wife to water turn lights on/off provided paperwork is all in order and present? Wife has applied for patient status but that would only count for 12 plants. I think he wants to start seedlings commensurate with his patient count.

I would say have his patients come over and water them for you. I think only a patient or CG can be in the room.

If you are asking if its legal, I would have to say no. And even his patients can only legally have access to only their 12 plants. That being said, as long as its locked if u get a visit and only your son has access...............................................:rolleyes:

Michigan Medical Marijuana Law

Section 333.26423 Definition

( c ) "Enclosed, locked facility" means a closet, room, or other enclosed area equipped with locks or other security devices that permit access only by a registered primary caregiver or registered qualifying patient.

Section 333.26424

4. Protections for the Medical Use of Marihuana.

Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the qualifying patient possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana, and, if the qualifying patient has not specified that a primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility. Any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots shall also be allowed under state law and shall not be included in this amount.

(B) A primary caregiver who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for assisting a qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process with the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the primary caregiver possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed:

(1) 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana for each qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process; and

(2) for each registered qualifying patient who has specified that the primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility; and

(3) any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots.

In a nut shell,

As long as you have your 12 plants in a "enclosed" area where only Your son or His Patients (card holders) can access your completely legal. Its a gray area. just don't go in his room and you'll be alright. Plus make sure you have a Folder with a copy of all his and his patients paperwork and there driver licenses in that folder for "just in case".

you can even go as far as putting a camera in there to record everything so you have proof of everything.

Can't argue the law. Well you can but it is in black and white. no where does it say you can't have it at your parents basement in a locked area.

hope this helps

It doesn't say anywhere in there that you have to have all your plants in one place. A lot of people run separate rooms so if something bad happens at one spot they're not completely screwed. Just keep your total number of plants within the law and keep them locked up.

Lol if you don't tell I won't either. Silence is golden is all I will say. Water away.

If leo comes a knockin, just dont let them know you have a key, dont even tell them you know what is in there! if he is the only c.g he is the only person to be in the room according to the law, with that said, dont tell people about the grow room, and just do what you need to do, no you and him can not have your grows in the same room, same house yes, in seperate locked rooms!

Hope that helps smile.gif

Peace!

I'm not so sure about the 2 grows in 1 room thing, seems even LEO isn't sure on this one I say this because of Leo leaving the 120 plants in the Williamston raid. 120 plants is more than 1 persons grow, they must have felt it was legal if they left it alone. IMHO

Archived