Mdch E-Mail?

I am going to write another e-mail to the MDCH trying to request info on my card. I am very close to blowing up on them in light of everything they have put me thru, Lansing and my local branch. I was wondering if anybody else sent them a letter and got info on there care (if when it was sent, to what address and such.) 135 days is WAY to long to wait, over 1/3 of the cards protections are gone the day you get it.... If you have sent them a e-mail, can you PM or post here what the e-mail was, excluding your personal info and put in what should be there....ie.... Instead of

Joe Blow (Your Name)

ect. Thank you. I want to send the e-mail after the mail runs for me, at 11:30am . But I will wait a bit later for a reply so I dont sound like a b-hole.

I think you may be wasting your time w/ an E-mail....

I would call and talk to Melissa here :

Melissa M. Peters

Medical Marihuana Program Coordinator

Health Regulatory Division, Bureau of Health Professions

517-241-4337

Hope this Helps

People have gotten quick responses to Email with the address

right on the states website but I think a call as Tarzan suggested

is best but remember if they are not helpful what do you expect they

are overworked state employees just doing their job so please be polite

(I didnt say nice as I know that can be hard when frustrated just dont

take it out on her as it is not her fault)

I have been watching your wait and I am behind you datewise but it does seem

quite a few who sent their paperwork after you have gotten their cards so perhaps

something happened.

Please keep us posted.

That is why I am going to do a e-mail. I know I would not be as polite as I normally would dealing with these kind of people (state workers) but I have been screwed by MDCH around here every few months. I cant talk to them without getting angry, if I write something angry I can re-read it and change it, if I say something, I can take it back, but damage would of already been done.

EDIT: NO CARD!!!

E-mail I sent them, short, sweet, and to the point.

(Name and other info withheld from the forums)

Melissa M. Peters ,

Thank you for your reply. It has been 135 calendar days since my check was cashed. I do understand that your office is receiving many applications a day/week and are backlogged on getting cards out. Also I understand that you are getting many calls and e-mails regarding this issue and others. I am worried that a mistake might have been made and want to verify that my card has been sent to, or will be sent to,

(Withheld)

My last 4 digits of my SS# are (withheld) and my phone number is (withheld)

If you could please verify that the Registration card is being sent to this address, or that it has been sent I would appreciate it. Again, thank you for your first reply and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you,

(withheld)

I will post back when I get a reply.

I sympathize with your frustration but getting Angry will not help you achieve the results you want! If it were me in your situation, I would write an e-mail, one that is very kind explaining my difficulties, and at the same time making it a bit personal,I would probably address it to Melanie Brim- she is the director of the MDCH. And also since I know they have answered e-mails, I would thank her in advance for her attention in helping with this and then.... I may ask something like, I know your department is having a difficult time keeping up, I and other's are experiencing difficulties as well..and then fill that in, so I have to ask since my paperwork may or may not be recognized by law enforcement in lieu of an I.D. card, would it be at all possible for you to fax me out a letter stating my status as a patient is legal, signed by you for further proof if needed until I receive my card? If they have time to reply by e-mail, they should have time to type and fax a letter! Just my opinion for what it's worth, hope it is of some help. Good Luck :)

I did post a nice letter, see above.

Here's my last letter to them....

Dear Melissa,

My name is(witheld), and I recently sent in a change form. It was a address and caregiver change because we moved and I also dropped my caregiver.

First off, I would like to thank you. It came in a very timely fashion, however they did not change my caregiver status. It still has my old caregiver and I was going back to being my own caregiver. If this could be fixed I sure would appreciate it as I would like to follow the law to the letter if possible.

I do have one question....my card expires on the 1st of July 2010. Should I send in a renewal early or wait for my renewal form from the state?

Again, thank you so much for your help. I do realize you are working under a huge load and are severely understaffed and I applaud your efforts! Thank you!!!

Sincerely,

Witheld

And here's the reply...

Mr. (witheld): We are sorry for the inconvenience. Our staff will check into why the complete change was not made and someone will contact you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Melissa M. Peters

It pays to be nice....

There reply.

(personal info withheld)

Mr. (withheld):

I cannot check on individual applications at this time. If your check or money order has been cashed, then we received your application and it is being processed. We are currently sending out registry ID cards for valid applications received at the end of January. It appears yours would fall into that category. Therefore, I ask if you could please be patient a little longer and you should be receiving your card shortly. Our old printer was down for awhile and we just installed 2 new printers that are each printing twice as many cards as the old one printed. Hopefully, this will make a LOT of patients and caregivers happy...including you.

Regards,

Melissa M. Peters

Program Status Update (5/28/2010)

Currently staff is issuing registry identification cards for valid applications received at the end of January.

It looks like its taking 3-4 weeks to work on the end of January....

I guess at least they got there printers....

Archived