THC-Farmer

LITERATURE - http://www.sunpulselamps.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=6&Itemid=15

Excellent reading. This will help you understand the differences between standard grow bulbs and Pulse Start Metal Halides.

It also touches on the reasons why Lumens are not important when searching for a bulb. You want PAR ratings, NOT lumens. Remember this phrase, "Lumens are for Humans". It explains a little about PAR Light and Nanometers and what they all mean in horticulture...

Whats the PAR rating on that bulb? Also these bulbs operate in HPS ballasts or Certified MH ballasts correct? I'm very intrigued as I run a 3000k "enhanced spectrum" HPS lamp with better results then the 2100k normal HPS lamp, I wonder how this would go side by side in the same spectrum...

Yes, they are indeed very expensive. But if you think about it for a minute, they aren't THAT much more expensive than your traditional top of the line HPS bulb AND these bulbs come with a 2yr Warranty! NONE of the HPS bulbs do. Not even the top of the line Hortilux's, or even the Ceramic Metal Halides.

I agree 100% and your right, they're not that expensive. I just can't afford them right now. :lol:

I believe I saw them for roughly $155.00 which is not bad at all compared to some of the Hortilux.

Ya know ... i wish you would have been raving about these bulbs before i blew my cash!

OK question if you were to recommend one of these bulbs strictly for my bloom box which spectrum ?

dimmable 600 watt lumatek hps/mh in a air cooled hood over a 5x5 grow box.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest finallyfree09

And i sit here with a 20 dollar flo shop light....I have a long road ahead of me....Have pity on me grow gods!!!! :bow:

get 2 more shop lights and hang them vertically and set a plant in the center of them. not the greatest but you eill increase your yield. keep them in a grow box that is painted white on the inside.

This was posted in another forum...

"I sold Sun Pulse bulbs for just over a year in Michigan. I have received feedback from quite a few growers on these bulbs. The general consensus seems to be they usually yield less. I tested the output of these bulbs and they are about half of an HPS bulb. Sun Pulse likes to throw around a lot of scientific terms explaining why the spectrum on their bulbs is far superior. This is probably true. Most growers noted a slight improvement in quality but huge drops in yield. The only exception to this was the few growers who had splurged on the Life Lite Spinners. These people love them. It makes sense. The bulbs put out less foot candles but in the spinners they are much closer to the plants. Because they are spinning the footprint is actually larger. So if you want to go all the way and get the spinners go for it. If you just want a new bulb you will probably be disappointed. I stopped selling them because of so many customer complaints. I only get them for my spinner growers. "

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/320356#320356

I'm going to keep my opinion that these bulbs are hype and nothing more until I see an experienced grower put them to an unbiased test.

I'm also against running MH & HPS in flower. Sure its slightly better to run MH in flower but.. the amount of energy used for the slight increase is not justifiable. I also understand we are growing medical grade, but for 98% of the people out there MH in flower should be last on the list and you are going to see far better increase with nutes & quality care than you ever would by wasting energy on MH.

Sorry but in my experience they are moo-poo got 4 of the PSMH 750w 3k and they are garbage compared to a HPS and CMH. Do not waste your money. Ran side by side and it looked like the psmh side was under developed and no more frosty then the HPS side. Which the HPS had fat nice buds.

Do you research on these before you spend the loot on them.

Cheers

Archived