THC-Farmer

Thank you SIR...

It's nice to see and ACTUAL scientific experiment being performed..

To all that "doubt" your methods, take it from a scientist, you followed the scientific method to a T...

You did everything you could to remove as many variables in the system as possible, leaving only a few variables (mostly pheno) to quantify..

Good show Sir..!!

True R&D..!!

• 3 weeks later...

sounds cool.... id have to see a few runs b4 id call it proof too many variables can change the outcome. the 2 year warranty would get me just as excited as it did u... but ive yet to see a light run for 2 years and still be good. they burn out with time

Not disputing your results at all T and I actually use a dualarc on some runs, but I would say it needs a few more runs to get a better picture if your results are consistent, great write up.

I am also wary because your yields were pretty low for a 600, 4.5ozs and 5.5ozs, I can easily get over a pound off of a 600w on most of strains .75g/watt, hence there is quite a lot of wiggle room with your test having a low ratio of .25g/watt....in other words either batch could have been grown much more, therefore while each was produced under the same conditions, neither were pushed to their full potential which would be a better test when comparing yield vs yield.

i really appreciate these type of posts and discussions. It sounds like what happened for THC-F is akin to something my grow guru was talking to me about the other day. He was saying to almost all of my questions, "that depends". After a while, i started to get impatient and a bit irritated. So i asked him to take over the convo and clarify all of those "it depends".

My Grow Guru explained that my lung room is different than his, and that the environment there is affecting and reflecting the environment that will be in the grow room i am planning for when i am legal. The "it depends" are the temperature of the lung room, the strain(s) i grow, etc.

So, it sounds like for the strains THC-Farmer was growing, in his grow room, in the local it resides in, makes that bulb optimal for HIS situation. I say, THC Farmer SHOULD be ecstatic, and wonder-struck. Those are the moments we work towards - finding the optimal tools and methods for OUR personal gardens.

This was posted in another forum...

"I sold Sun Pulse bulbs for just over a year in Michigan. I have received feedback from quite a few growers on these bulbs. The general consensus seems to be they usually yield less. I tested the output of these bulbs and they are about half of an HPS bulb. Sun Pulse likes to throw around a lot of scientific terms explaining why the spectrum on their bulbs is far superior. This is probably true. Most growers noted a slight improvement in quality but huge drops in yield. The only exception to this was the few growers who had splurged on the Life Lite Spinners. These people love them. It makes sense. The bulbs put out less foot candles but in the spinners they are much closer to the plants. Because they are spinning the footprint is actually larger. So if you want to go all the way and get the spinners go for it. If you just want a new bulb you will probably be disappointed. I stopped selling them because of so many customer complaints. I only get them for my spinner growers. "

http://www.growery.o...r/320356#320356

I'm going to keep my opinion that these bulbs are hype and nothing more until I see an experienced grower put them to an unbiased test.

I'm also against running MH & HPS in flower. Sure its slightly better to run MH in flower but.. the amount of energy used for the slight increase is not justifiable. I also understand we are growing medical grade, but for 98% of the people out there MH in flower should be last on the list and you are going to see far better increase with nutes & quality care than you ever would by wasting energy on MH.

i have used the MH-HPS togetter for a long time if i had the money i would do the same today but for now the T's work great they have come a long way and thanks for your post

Peace

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the thing... I have been using the SunPulse bulb for quite a while now. About 2yrs. So I have had many harvests under this bulb. All of which gave me plenty of basis to compare to plants grown under HPS in very similar fashion. I definitely prefer the SunPulse bulbs. Which is why I posted this thread; to express my opinion about them and bring awareness to the community about another great product to choose from, thats all. :)

But I never actually did multiple tests, so in no way was MY experiment scientific. I never said it was...

Like I said before, what sold the bulb for me was the 2yr warranty. I had lost a Hortilux bulb in a Lumatek ballast. It failed prematurly. With no warranty or anything of the kind the store I purchased it from (SGS in Livonia) offered me no compensation for it at all. I could not afford to have that happen again and I could not afford a different ballast... I had an extra 600w Hortilux in place but after I did some research and found that I wasn't the only one having issues with Hortilux and Lumatek and that the bulbs were not compatible, well I figured there had to be something out there that was ACTUALLY designed to work with an electronic ballast...

Which lead me to Sun Pulse. I was skeptical just as any other as it was a Metal Halide. What attracted me to it's possible capabilities was the logic behind them and the full-spectral output. I figured I would definitely be taking a loss in yield over the Hortilux HPS.

So I wanted to test it out to make sure of the differences between the Hortilux and the SunPulse, so that I would know what type of sacrifice I had just made by purchasing the SunPulse. The fact that, even with only one test under it's belt, the SunPulse performed on par with that of the Hortilux was enough for me... No further testing was required. It has performed the same or better, consistently, since then.

I would really like to do some more testing in hopes of "proving" that this bulb really does have this kind of potential but I need another 600w Hortilux to do that properly. I suppose I shouldn't have sold the Hortilux that I had so soon... Naturally I figured I woulnd't need it and I could help a friend out by providing a good bulb at a very reasonable price so why not... *sigh* Whatchya gonna do?

No, I was the one who said it was scientific, which is was, the only issue is statistics and repeatability, qualifying the experiment....

If you could do the very same grow 100x, sure, you would qualify your findings, but you HAVE findings... just not 100% qualify-able/quantifiable findings...

I give it a thumbs up, now, do it 50-100 more times.. :thumbsu:

Archived