Farmington Hills Is A Joke!

I got arrested for possession about three months ago...was illegally searched by the police...a week later I finally got my certification...today finally went to court in Farmington Hills and Judge dropped my possessions but just charged my with paraphernalia, year of probation, 2 days of community service and random drug testing even though I have the card now...B.S.

I got arrested for possession about three months ago...was illegally searched by the police...a week later I finally got my certification...today finally went to court in Farmington Hills and Judge dropped my possessions but just charged my with paraphernalia, year of probation, 2 days of community service and random drug testing even though I have the card now...B.S.

333.26424 Qualifying patient or primary caregiver; arrest, prosecution, or penalty prohibited; conditions; presumption; compensation; physician subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty prohibited; marihuana paraphernalia; person in presence or vicinity to medical use of marihuana; registry identification issued outside of department; sale of marihuana as felony; penalty.

(g) A person shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for providing a registered qualifying patient or a registered primary caregiver with marihuana paraphernalia for purposes of a qualifying patient's medical use of marihuana.

(h) Any marihuana, marihuana paraphernalia, or licit property that is possessed, owned, or used in connection with the medical use of marihuana, as allowed under this act, or acts incidental to such use, shall not be seized or forfeited.

333.26423 Definitions.

(e) "Medical use" means the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, internal possession, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the administration of marihuana to treat or alleviate a registered qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the debilitating medical condition.

333.26428 Defenses.

(3) The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were engaged in the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the use of marihuana to treat or alleviate the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition.

I am confused, had you been to the Dr. before this or after?

You say a week later you got your certification, was this you went to the Dr a week after you

had you incident in FH or you got your actual card a week after???

Did you hire an attorney?

i have been in that court house be for but not for myself and heard the judge give people with dui's and put them on probation and they fail their drug test and the judge still let's them go am sorry as to what happen to you did you have a Lawyer?

i have been in that court house be for but not for myself and heard the judge give people with dui's and put them on probation and they fail their drug test and the judge still let's them go am sorry as to what happen to you did you have a Lawyer?

Yeah...I had a lawyer and everything and my marijuana certification and still didn't help

I am confused, had you been to the Dr. before this or after?

You say a week later you got your certification, was this you went to the Dr a week after you

had you incident in FH or you got your actual card a week after???

Did you hire an attorney?

I got arrested feb 31...went to a clinic a week later to see if I qualify to get certified cuz I thought it might help me in court and I wanted to go anyways...well I did get certified that day march 7th went to court today and it did not help at all

I got arrested feb 31...went to a clinic a week later to see if I qualify to get certified cuz I thought it might help me in court and I wanted to go anyways...well I did get certified that day march 7th went to court today and it did not help at all

did your Lawyer no about the AD of this Law?

Hmmmm

One I question your atty.

I really think you got the shaft with him as it does not seem he was fully aware of the law and the AD (according to what people say here)

To me, I would have to side with the Judge here (BUT realize I am just speaking from common sense I have no clue about the law)....

You did not have a scrip when you had your encounter with LE, when you got into the corner you went to try and get a scrip in hopes of

it saving your butt from a mistake before (mistake being not getting your butt into a Dr. earlier!) you went to court and it just didn't work.

Heck you even say you only did it then as you thought it might help in court....

Heck, I have my paperwork and my check was cashed 3/9 yet I am still paranoid and being even more careful than I was before I had a scrip.

Again I am sorry you are in this situation but sometimes in life we are our own worst enemies and I think you are the main one to blame for this

unfortunate situation.

Its very disappointing and angers me to see people are still only getting a Dr's recommendation after they've been arrested for cannabis possession.

"I was gonna go anyway" Bull! Using us patients and caregivers in an attempt to save their arses from jail is a despicable act.

Patients and Caregivers are waiting months to get the card and some will not cultivate or even acquire without the card.

Yet these boneheads add extra paperwork for the people in Lansing to go through trying to save themselves and that delays a legitimate QP or CG from getting the card in a timely manner.

If you think you have a qualifying condition save the money and get your recommendation. If not, don't come crawling to the MMMP after you get arrested.

Take your lumps!

Its very disappointing and angers me to see people are still only getting a Dr's recommendation after they've been arrested for cannabis possession.

"I was gonna go anyway" Bull! Using us patients and caregivers in an attempt to save their arses from jail is a despicable act.

Patients and Caregivers are waiting months to get the card and some will not cultivate or even acquire without the card.

Yet these boneheads add extra paperwork for the people in Lansing to go through trying to save themselves and that delays a legitimate QP or CG from getting the card in a timely manner.

If you think you have a qualifying condition save the money and get your recommendation. If not, don't come crawling to the MMMP after you get arrested.

Take your lumps!

I disagree, I believe that the doctors are the gatekeepers, his doctor felt that he would benefit from MMJ.

I have a lot of things that I plan to do, sometimes I lack the needed motivation to do them. Getting arrested would certainly make me follow through on my plans if it might get me a better outcome in court. Cases like this are the very reason for the AD. There are many patients who have no certification and yet they have a qualifying condition and are MMJ users. They might not have them due to financial concerns or privacy issues, that really does not make them less qualified or people just scamming the system.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone claim they had not tried marijuana and found some relief from it before they invested the money into getting a card. Were you ever one of those "boneheads" before you got a card?

I disagree, I believe that the doctors are the gatekeepers, his doctor felt that he would benefit from MMJ.

I have a lot of things that I plan to do, sometimes I lack the needed motivation to do them. Getting arrested would certainly make me follow through on my plans if it might get me a better outcome in court. Cases like this are the very reason for the AD. There are many patients who have no certification and yet they have a qualifying condition and are MMJ users. They might not have them due to financial concerns or privacy issues, that really does not make them less qualified or people just scamming the system.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone claim they had not tried marijuana and found some relief from it before they invested the money into getting a card. Were you ever one of those "boneheads" before you got a card?

I was only addressing those who only get the recommendation as way to beat drug case.

I did not get the card to beat the case, I got the card to protect myself in the future. I have no intentions on giving up my medication. I was arrested for under a gram 2 years ago. After all was said and done, the drug counselor looked at me and said "No wonder you smoked weed, its the poor mans adderall". When I quit for the year do to probation, I actually had to go and get a prescription for adderall. So long story short, I have been diagnosed ADHD, I have always used weed for over 11 years now to treat this, the state of Michigan just finally got on the ball, and I was able to protect myself from future trouble. And I have to agree with the list of to dos we all have, but we have to remember that it cost $400 to get the card and that’s not a little chunk of change and when you work 65 hours a week its east to say, "I need to do this" and not find the time. I am going to contact someone from a site I found about Affirmative Defense, and find out if its too late, or what I need to do. At the moment all I can do is cross my fingers my probation officer isn't a miserable complain this time, and she will be willing to let me still have my medication while I am on Probation. Common Sense would tell me that I should, since when I was on it last time, I was able to still take my adderall which is an amphetamine, because I had a prescription. But it is our legal system and the only thing I have learned is...STAY OUT, because no matter how right or wrong you are/were, It really don’t matter, the cops/prosecution/judge have your fate in their hands! Better hope nobody pissed in their cheerios that morning! lol

Let me get this straight, you got busted for possession before you even had your certificate, not your card, so at this point you had not been to the doctor for it, in all fairness then you were illegal when you got busted. I can't think of a reason the law would protect you if it did it would open up a giant ordeal of people getting caught with pot just going and getting a certificate from the doctor to try and get out of it. Even though it did help you (the pot) it was ultimately your choice to use it while you were not protected legally, I remember waiting for my card i would not even carry any on me just on the off shot that i get pulled over or get in an accident and it was found. We all have to deal with consequences for our actions sorry yours ended up like this.

ADHD, Come on! These are the people that will ruin a good thing for people who NEED it! $400 bucks, what? If you really have a need your regular Doc should help with the application. I am sorry, destroy my "rep" but this really pisses me off! "Oh I have a hang nail, I'll just pay this Doc some money and bam". These people are making MM a joke. He is just like a pill junky doc shopping for a script to "help with his case".. ARRRRRRGGGGG!!!!!! Whatever, and your bitching about getting off possession and FH!! What a joke.

Were you ever one of those "boneheads" before you got a card?

Sorry, but I had to LOL at that one! lol

ADHD, Come on!

It actually works pretty damned well for ADHD! Trust me, I know. Ask any person that has it and has to sit and concentrate for 4-8 hours on the same damned thing, lol. That's one reason why so many coders (software, games, etc) smoke.

ADHD is a valid mmj condition and should be added to the list of acceptable ailments here in Michigan (along with quite a few others that don't involve body pain). All other ADHD meds come with black box warnings like "you might wanna kill your freaking self if you stop taking this"! lol

ADHD, Come on! These are the people that will ruin a good thing for people who NEED it! $400 bucks, what? If you really have a need your regular Doc should help with the application. I am sorry, destroy my "rep" but this really pisses me off! "Oh I have a hang nail, I'll just pay this Doc some money and bam". These people are making MM a joke. He is just like a pill junky doc shopping for a script to "help with his case".. ARRRRRRGGGGG!!!!!! Whatever, and your bitching about getting off possession and FH!! What a joke.

Based my experienced on what has happened in Grand Traverse County, I think their fear is unwarranted,“ said Lt. James MacKinnon, spokesman for the Grand Traverse County Police Department.

The county’s prosecutor, Alan Schneider, seemed to agree.

“None of the police agencies in our county have requested charges related to medical marijuana,” Schneider said.

In fact, he said, “I think I had a case where I offered to dismiss if the person simply got their certification even though they had possessed the marijuana prior to the enactment of the law — if it’s legitimate use we have no interest in prosecuting it.”

Based my experienced on what has happened in Grand Traverse County, I think their fear is unwarranted,“ said Lt. James MacKinnon, spokesman for the Grand Traverse County Police Department.

The county’s prosecutor, Alan Schneider, seemed to agree.

“None of the police agencies in our county have requested charges related to medical marijuana,” Schneider said.

In fact, he said, “I think I had a case where I offered to dismiss if the person simply got their certification even though they had possessed the marijuana prior to the enactment of the law — if it’s legitimate use we have no interest in prosecuting it.”

Wow! Give those guys a medal! lol

A.D.H.D. Isn't my only condition...I have back problems and legs problems too and I work on my feet 12 hrs a day 6 days a week...I have medical records for my back and leg problems...I'm not trying to use this to get out of my case...if I didn't need it I wouldn't be able to get my card...I just don't have health Insurance and don't like taking pills

I am only replying to the part in bold. My regular doctor WILL NOT participate in the Medical Marihuana Program. I have herd a lot of doctors will not participate in the program because they have been threatened by the pharma company's or dont believe in it. Either way, not all doctors will write the script.

A.D.H.D. Isn't my only condition...I have back problems and legs problems too and I work on my feet 12 hrs a day 6 days a week...I have medical records for my back and leg problems...I'm not trying to use this to get out of my case...if I didn't need it I wouldn't be able to get my card...I just don't have health Insurance and don't like taking pills

Should have thought about that before you got bested illegally, and you are acting like no one has their card that does not need it i have seen a decent amount of people that just have their card to have it with no real condition. You even said you got your certificate to try and get out, you dug your own hole deal with the consequences.

Archived