Bone To Pic..kind Of..

Not new here, but don't know where else to post this..

In the MMMA site, http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/index.php?/page/articles/patients/grow-your-own

It says..

"Although it is just a weed, it takes a skilled technician to consistantly grow medical grade marijuana."

Definition of 'weed'

weed

–noun

a valueless plant growing wild, esp. one that grows on cultivated ground to the exclusion or injury of the desired crop.

any undesirable or troublesome plant, esp. one that grows profusely where it is not wanted: The vacant lot was covered with weeds.

wiki definition of 'weed'

A weed in a general sense is a plant that is considered by the user of the term to be a nuisance, and normally applied to unwanted plants in human-made settings such as gardens, lawns or agricultural areas, but also in parks, woods and other natural areas. More specifically, the term is often used to describe native or nonnative plants that grow and reproduce aggressively.[1] Generally, a weed is a plant in an undesired place.

Doesn't sound like a term to describe medical Cannabis??

Maybe change the sentence to " Cannabis is an annual flowering dioecious herb, and can require a skilled or knowledgeable gardener to produce medicinal quality flowers"

I'm not going to go through the whole site, but anywhere the term 'weed' is used it should be changed..

I may be splitting hairs, but it just kind of rubs me the wrong way. Saying.."hey man, pass the weed" is different than a medical site saying "Cannabis is just a weed".

my 2 pennies..

peace.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Well I see no problem with changing wording. Can't really say I'll search the site of any misplaced mention myself, but if situations like this arise where users are finding mistakes in terminology, I have no problem making the changes for people. I have no idea who wrote the original articles, but we all make mistakes (Not to mention the 5 spelling errors on that page- so glad you brought the page up).

Just a side note though, post these under the "Site Navigation" category from now on. I don't often read the "Hello's" section much and site problems get answered faster if placed in a section I monitor. Remember I'm not like the moderators and required to read every post. I'm not in the habit of looking for problems users post in other sections.

Done, and thanks for your awareness

Best

Ok here we go! lets all get on our High Horses and no longer call weed weed! lets not call it pot any more, and lets not share with our long time friends any longer either if they are not legal!

lets also forget the saying a friend with weed is a friend indeed!

and lets be sure not to let anyone with long hair be a spokes person for mm! lets get rid of cheech and chong, and the hash bash! oh wait only people who register with the state are allowed to go to the hash bash, Is hash ok to say! or is that something we eat?

blink.gif

silly as all hell, what dr. made you perfect?

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

...and no longer call weed weed! lets not call it pot any more, ...

I get ya fully Phaq....but seeing this site is supposed to reflect a more professional side to medical marijuana I seen no problem in making the changes. It won't change my wordage in everyday life, but it's fine for the professional face on the medical marijuana community.

I get ya fully Phaq....but seeing this site is supposed to reflect a more professional side to medical marijuana I seen no problem in making the changes. It won't change my wordage in everyday life, but it's fine for the professional face on the medical marijuana community.

100% my feelings to a "T". i have made a conscious effort to remember that my typing is not my speaking. for the image of this site, i try to use "proper" terms, but as soon as i log off i'm going to go burn a joint of some really good weed.

excuse me, i will be partaking in the ingestion of medicinal quality cannabis. ;)

100% my feelings to a "T". i have made a conscious effort to remember that my typing is not my speaking. for the image of this site, i try to use "proper" terms, but as soon as i log off i'm going to go burn a joint of some really good weed.

excuse me, i will be partaking in the ingestion of medicinal quality cannabis. ;)

Agreed and my stance for many moons.

By changing how we use our wording

we may be able to alter the perceptions

of those who are skeptical. Words such

as weed, dope, pot, stoners, et al...

bring a negative images into the minds of

those outside of the community. We could

very possibly open ears,minds, hearts... by first

being responsible about our wording thereof.

What words we choose in our personal lives,

are our choices. Here,

maybe we could learn to be more "sensitive'

to others who come to listen and learn.

I don't even care for the word "marijuana"

it's just slang. Not really worthy of this

bountiful plant.

(I have mentioned this several times

prior but, to no avail! :D )

peace all

Guest Medicinal Patient

Well at this rate there might as well be a mmma dress code with a uniform similar to that of pat and they should also

be selling a manual on how to properly speak. I guess I can understand changing the written word on the website here for professional

purposes but all of this hey lets conform to the beliefs of the snooty people is a bit much imo.

I still don't understand why we should have to change who we are and be fake for them when we aren't the ones doing anything

wrong. I don't see how regular people here in their everyday discussions is so politically incorrect by using the word weed like THEY want us to believe it is pi and such a bad word. THEY are the ones that need to do the changing in how they react and treat those who choose medical marijuana as a form of medical relief instead of

popping pills and guzzling alcohol like theres no tomorrow. Its politically incorrect for us to say how we are gunna get blitzed on some good med mj to take away our pains but its ok for them to say oh I got hammered on a case of beer last night or darn I took an extra sleeping pill or pain pill and got falling down fkd up.

Don't be ashamed to do your activist work in jeans and a mmma t shirt. If you are ashamed of who you are and your beliefs then don't be surprised of why they are.

When you all start wearing suits with shat eating grins like Anthony then its time to get the hell out of here.

• 2 months later...

we are trying to change the way people feel about weed so i think it should be called cannabis we are going to learn how to spell it.

PS. now go and cut some weeds and grow some cannabis thank you for your postsmile.gif

haha that ps is great. sorry, it just made my depressed day. We will never change peoples minds about weed/pot/cannabis no matter what we call it. until they see the help it gives the suffering first hand. People seriously believe doctors can solve every medical problem until they or their loved one gets something that stumps the docs.

i totally agree. we don't want to just have an elitist political correctness about the term. we want to project a different image about ourselves and cannabis itself. i will still call it "weed" on occasion under certain circumstances, or with certain people. but, becoming more conscientious about how we talk in public about cannabis can only help us all.

this may be a helpful analogy: when i am at work, and this do-nothing co-worker is, well, doing nothing, i will refer to her as "not a team player" to co-workers i don't know all that well. when i am at home, venting to my wife, i refer to her as "Jabba the Hutt", or just "lazy donkey".

;)

Hemp, cannabis, marijuana, marihuana, weed, reefer, grass, pot, ganga, bammy, giggle weed, paca lolo, mary jane, bud, dope, it's all good. Really miss buying lids! We promoting, or propogandizing like the opposition? Gonna treat people like their stupid stoners,even those that never have, because we don't like the lingo? Join the other side ye who smoke the Assassin of Youth! Gotta love old Harry A!

Sure glad the majority of the 63% don't have a clue what's coming next! Was afraid they were catching on until Proposition 1 passed.

If legalization of "Cannabis is an annual flowering dioecious herb" comes to pass how will patients be assured they continue to get "medical grade cannabis" as opposed to the "run of the mill" cannabis others will be growing and marketing? Seems terribly important. Gonna be "brand name" or "generic" medical cannabis too?

Archived