Bong Cleaning Tips

So, I was wondering, since it has been a few decades since I had to do it, what are the different cool, ingenious, or just darn effective ways you guys use to clean a bong. Bottle washers and hot soapy water? Dishwasher? ???

Funny!

I guess this does fall under

"coming clean"! :D

The days of boiling, soda soaking,

dish soap and bottle washers are

done, blessedly so!

I clean with the greatest ease

w/"formula 420 daily use".

I prefer the concentrate.

Works in a jiff, no muss no fuss,

or should I say no goo, no smell?!

They have many other products

and they are in F L A, USA.

Earth Friendly and recyclable

to boot. Oh, and it smells like

Oranges... imagine that ;)

www.formula420.com

I've used kosher salt and rubbing alcohol. Only have used it on a glass bong, so I'm not sure if it would be the best method for non-glass.

Alcohol first, let stand for a few min, then add salt.

Swirl real good and pour out.

Rinse with hot water.

Repeat if necessary.

This is the best method IMO, 93% or higher alcohol and salt will basically make it look brand new.

For all galss and pyrex type glass ware I use a mix of rubbing alcohol and salt, my larger water pipe has a few chambers so I like to use sea salt in the bigger chambers and I use table salt in the perkulators and smaller chambers, works the same as the 420 cleaner and it is the same ingredients without the citrus smell so if you would like to add a smell try it and let us know. :)

HAPPY CLEANING

So, I was wondering, since it has been a few decades since I had to do it, what are the different cool, ingenious, or just darn effective ways you guys use to clean a bong. Bottle washers and hot soapy water? Dishwasher? ???

Gosh, I'm really sorry it's been decades since you had to do it! Too bad. :(

The fastest way to clean is to use Lysol Spray, spray on and wipe off. Glass comes out sparkling clean with NO residue :D

Don't ever use lysol or any other chemicals, salt + alcohol is much safer and works like a charm. This guy cleans his vape with lysol too, to me that is just insane.

Strange you feel that way!! :o Cus Lysol disenfects also, so you don't get sick from strange germs that might find a home on your equipment! :D

Strange you feel that way!! :o Cus Lysol disenfects also, so you don't get sick from strange germs that might find a home on your equipment! :D

I believe alcohol disinfects anything as well... I mean if it works more power to you, but I wouldn't ever smoke out of something cleaned with who knows what chemicals.

I believe alcohol disinfects anything as well... I mean if it works more power to you, but I wouldn't ever smoke out of something cleaned with who knows what chemicals.

100% right!

Even tho you cant see the residue left from lysol, does not mean there is NOT anything there. When heated, that residue, will start to loose its bond with the glass, and go into the air, that goes into your lungs. So if you want to smoke lysol, then have at it, but please quit posting dangerous thing's that patients who are already sick in some way dont need.

:)

100% right!

Even tho you cant see the residue left from lysol, does not mean there is NOT anything there. When heated, that residue, will start to loose its bond with the glass, and go into the air, that goes into your lungs. So if you want to smoke lysol, then have at it, but please quit posting dangerous thing's that patients who are already sick in some way dont need.

Residue left?? B.S. ;) Please do your homework before claiming Lysol, when wiped out, leaves a residue you have to be concered with! It's different strokes for different folks. :)

For all galss and pyrex type glass ware I use a mix of rubbing alcohol and salt, my larger water pipe has a few chambers so I like to use sea salt in the bigger chambers and I use table salt in the perkulators and smaller chambers, works the same as the 420 cleaner and it is the same ingredients without the citrus smell so if you would like to add a smell try it and let us know. :)

HAPPY CLEANING

Well goooolley sarge, never say ya can't teach an old

doggette some new tricks!

So simple and cheap it hurt laughing at myself

for not considering these two cleaning agents.

I have a little bubbler that I adore. She has some hard

to get to nooks and crannies that even after the 420

I may have to still use a pipe cleaner. esp. when I let her

get too grungy (blushes).

I just used my bottle of (2 4 a dollar) alcohol + some

sea salt I finally rummaged from the cupboard.

I only keep the salt around for others so, cost ?.

Bye bye 420 formula (I never even read the

ingredients!)

Yeah on the orange scent though ;)

Going to try the "dollar store"

(my favorite store!) oxy-clean next time.

Thanks for starting this thread and for

all the great cleaning tips.

Pleasant and pleasing medicating to all :D

peace

I'm rather dubious about using chemicals like oxy-clean and lysol. Those are products generally not recommended for cleaning objects that will be making oral contact.

And using any product that leaves a scent behind means some compounds are being left behind to be sucked up later, and I'm not comfortable with that either.

I like using salt far better than rice. Rice does work nicely, but salt dissolves. If you get a bit stuck in a nook, it will dissolve back out. I tend to use kosher salt instead of any other because that is what kitchens use to safely scour the glass inserts in thermal carafes. It dissolves slower than table salt, and is less abrasive than sea salt :) Kosher salt is cheap too, a big box will last forever if it's just used for cleaning.

Nice benefits of rubbing alcohol is that it's cheaper and safer than most chemicals. Alcohol kills germs very well too. Wait till walgreens or somewhere like that has the big bottles on sale for a buck each, and stock up. Or go to the dollar store, it's cheap there too. One big bottle is enough for at least a couple cleanings depending on the size of the bong. One can use it for smaller glass pieces too, just soak them for a while and pretty much all the gunk flushes right out when rinsed.

But whatever you use, I strongly recommend flushing throughly with hot water after just to make sure your glass is as clean as possible.

Think food and medical safety since this is something coming into oral contact, and clean accordingly.